MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the retrial? Is it still set for today?

Eclipse, that would be a good day and I don't thinks so.

I feel this case will never make it back to trial and I pray the M's get caught
in slow, nasty, bottomless quicksand infiltrated with vermin, and quick sand, it's around and I know realistically one cannot
drown in quicksand. Although it sounded good.

I always say there is hope but I just do not have it for this case and I think it's because of the wonderful, caring, impartial Judge dennis.
Left his name in lower case on purpose

I pray I am so wrong here and someone please give me reason to have hope

If the state had a case, this would have gone to trial and resulted in conviction. I think the judge has to stand in line for a role in these two remaining free.

Seriously, who gets to go about their life when accused of murder, while no date is even established for a trial. The state had to dump their main charge. Then SM's skate out of the courtroom.

The M's will probably sue and live off a fat settlement before this is over with. Blech.

If the state had a case, this would have gone to trial and resulted in conviction. I think the judge has to stand in line for a role in these two remaining free.

Seriously, who gets to go about their life when accused of murder, while no date is even established for a trial. The state had to dump their main charge. Then SM's skate out of the courtroom.

The M's will probably sue and live off a fat settlement before this is over with. Blech.

I just commented in another thread about what a circus this case has been. Justice for Heather!!!!

Sad... No news on Heather or a trial?? Was hoping we could follow the court proceedings together soon. Miss u southern sleuthers!!

I THINK the trial is scheduled to begin sometime in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still here, still praying for the Elvis family & justice for Heather. I pray for the Moorers' trial and conviction every single day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm I can't even ponder over what that may be about. Anyone?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I hope they're not just mounting charges to have something to hang onto. That's essentially what happened last time.

I hope they're not just mounting charges to have something to hang onto. That's essentially what happened last time.
They must have landed on something. Or handed some info. Do you remember what he was doing on the evening of Dec 20th?
I need to find that timeline...

They must have landed on something. Or handed some info. Do you remember what he was doing on the evening of Dec 20th?
I need to find that timeline...

All I can find is that was the date that he told police he hadn't talked to her since October, but I don't see any reference to his activities that evening. Is that something he talked about or was it something in the police timeline?

All I can find is that was the date that he told police he hadn't talked to her since October, but I don't see any reference to his activities that evening. Is that something he talked about or was it something in the police timeline?
I wasn't able to find anything before I fell asleep. I'm not completely up on this case anymore. I was getting so pissed at the lack of court dates that I stepped away. I need a refresher course. Maybe ill do some more reading later on.
Anyone else know what he was up to that day/night?

Friday, December 20, 2013:

2:15 AM Video of SM speaking with HCP for about 10 minutes, at the end of Moorer’s driveway. In the video, SM said he didn’t go to Peachtree Boat Landing and said he had ended his involvement with Elvis. "I'm trying to fix things with my wife. … I'm not denying it. I'm saying I ended it."

SM told LE he hadn't seen Heather since October; after LE confronted him with Heather's phone record, he said he last spoke to her by phone on the 18th and told her to quit calling him

First time I've seen $ amounts for these (BBM):

• CONTEMPT OF CIRCUIT COURT / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE / Disposed / $32,500.00
  • OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE / Disposed / $32,500.00
  • KIDNAPPING / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • MURDER / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE / Disposed / $10,000.00
  • INDECENT EXPOSURE / Disposed / NO BAIL SET (2 charges)

http://sheriff.horrycounty.org/Detention/DailyBookingsandReleases.aspx

search for M**rer

First time I've seen $ amounts for these (BBM):

• CONTEMPT OF CIRCUIT COURT / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE / Disposed / $32,500.00
  • OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE / Disposed / $32,500.00
  • KIDNAPPING / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • MURDER / Disposed / NO BAIL SET
  • OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE / Disposed / $10,000.00
  • INDECENT EXPOSURE / Disposed / NO BAIL SET (2 charges)

http://sheriff.horrycounty.org/Detention/DailyBookingsandReleases.aspx

search for M**rer

What does "disposed" mean?
According to US Legal, "disposed" within a courtroom context indicates a state of finality or settlement within a court case, particularly referring to a defendant's being found not guilty of charges or being found guilty and sentenced.
https://www.reference.com/government-politics/legal-term-disposed-mean-2f2f5525e3b00c63

Also, the Mrs is listed as residing in Davenport, FL. SM is listed as Myrtle Beach, SC.

So what does this all mean? New charges??

Hmmmm I can't even ponder over what that may be about. Anyone?

BBM
Note, the article from WMBF states the following. “That Sidney Moorer did in Horry County on or about December 20, 2013 through December 21, 2013, intentionally do an act which prevented, obstructed, impeded, or hindered the administration of justice, in violation of the Common Law offense of Obstruction of Justice.”

Note, the 21st is mentioned. On the 21st, Sidney Moorer purchased a new surveillance system from Sam's club. In addition on the 20th, PTL was searched. However, if I had to take a guess the obstruction is related to the disappearance of the old surveillance system and the purchase of the new one. Someone has been busy changing time and date stamps on old facebook posts to try and show the old system never existed. Good luck with that because everything that has been posted on social media can be backed up by Facebook's servers and local ISP providers.

Could it be about removing those cameras and dvr from the house?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member