Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
This case is one of the saddest and most tragic cases we have seen in quite some time and its just outrageous that justice was not already served.

The judge should have recused himself a long time ago before the first trial. I'm convinced that was at least in part of why justice has not been served. Shaking hands with the defendant after the trial and cutting off the defense closing arguments time is ridiculous.

Hoping some new evidence can come to light.

Beyond anything just hope and pray that the Elvis family can get some relief and comfort from their emotional pain as they live out the rest of their years here on earth.

JMO
This case is one of the saddest and most tragic cases we have seen in quite some time and its just outrageous that justice was not already served.

The judge should have recused himself a long time ago before the first trial. I'm convinced that was at least in part of why justice has not been served. Shaking hands with the defendant after the trial and cutting off the defense closing arguments time is ridiculous.

Hoping some new evidence can come to light.

Beyond anything just hope and pray that the Elvis family can get some relief and comfort from their emotional pain as they live out the rest of their years here on earth.

Agreed! So many families go on for years without any answers. In this case it seems so obvious and our justice system isn't acting on it. The judge was appalling.

Agreed! So many families go on for years without any answers. In this case it seems so obvious and our justice system isn't acting on it. The judge was appalling.
You have to remember the Judge was extremely scathing about Sidney Moorer in his summing up of the mistrial.
If it had been a bench trial, Sid was away for a very long stretch.

BREAKING: Male and female remains found in Horry County
Saturday, July 15th 2017, 3:13 pm EDT

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – The Horry County Police department is investigating two bodies that were found Saturday in the Bucksville area of Horry County.

The remains are believed to be a male and a female, according to Horry County Coroner Darris G. Fowler.

The remains are being sent to MUSC for identification, which is expected to be released later this week.

This is a developing investigation, stick with WMBF News as we work to learn more.

BREAKING: Male and female remains found in Horry County
Saturday, July 15th 2017, 3:13 pm EDT

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – The Horry County Police department is investigating two bodies that were found Saturday in the Bucksville area of Horry County.

The remains are believed to be a male and a female, according to Horry County Coroner Darris G. Fowler.

The remains are being sent to MUSC for identification, which is expected to be released later this week.

This is a developing investigation, stick with WMBF News as we work to learn more.
Not that we suspect this to be Heather, but I thought it might be worth mentioning the Bucksville Community is less than 2 miles from the compound, as the crow flies.

Bucksville.jpg

Not that we suspect this to be Heather, but I thought it might be worth mentioning the Bucksville Community is less than 2 miles from the compound, as the crow flies.

View attachment 120209

It's not Heather, The remains appear to be Linda McAllister, 64, and William Clemons, 45,

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article161675398.html
Yeah, I know. I have just always wondered if Heather may be closer to home, in an area like Bucksville or Bucksport. This story merely reminded me of the possibility, so I thought I'd share. What I find interesting about those communities off of Hwy 701 is they can take 30 minutes to drive to, despite being only a couple miles away. A lot of forest and wetlands in between.

Bucksville by Car.jpg Bucksville Earth.jpg

Heather Elvis is the case that brought me to websleuths.

its been quite a ride over the years. I just decided to join as a member today.

Welcome to Websleuths, Stock!!

We are happy you are here & looking forward to your insight and ideas.

✌️ [emoji41] [emoji859]🏼 [emoji517]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websluths Stock! Thank you for caring about Heather's case.

Welcome! :wave:

Hopefully we'll get some trial dates soon!

Hello Stock and welcome. Thanks for joining the discussion. I agree about the ride over the years concerning this case where the wheels of justice have turned exceedingly slow. All we can do is watch and wait albeit rather frustrating.

Sidney Moorer is going to trial on Aug 28th for obstruction of justice in the Heather Elvis case. I posted a link in the Media links thread for everyone.

Sidney Moorer is going to trial on Aug 28th for obstruction of justice in the Heather Elvis case. I posted a link in the Media links thread for everyone.

:happydance:

A flurry of motions filed in the case show Sidney Moorer’s attorneys are wanting to suppress evidence that may be used to support the charge or other accusations that he kidnapped and murdered Heather.

On Thursday, Moorer’s attorneys filed a motion to quash the indictment that accuses him of obstructing and hindering justice in the case for two days after Heather was reported missing.

On Friday, Moorer’s defense team also filed a motion to suppress two video-recorded statements Moorer made to police during their investigation. The first one was recorded on dashcam video on Dec. 20, 2013. The second one was recorded at the police station on Dec. 21, 2013. Both dates coincide with the dates on Moorer’s indictment for the obstruction of justice charge.

His attorneys argue those statements were just reporting “hearsay” and were given in violation of Moorer’s Miranda rights.

A third motion, also filed on Friday, asks the court for an order “suppressing testimony and evidence” of any other alleged crimes, namely any evidence supporting Moorer’s kidnapping charge or his initial murder charge in the case.

“This has been a highly publicized case,” Moorer’s attorney said in the motion. “If such evidence was introduced, the jury could make the mistake of deciding the case on an improper basis, such as an emotional basis.”

The motions have not yet been argued in court.

His obstruction of justice trial will be held in Horry County.

The state plans to retry him on the kidnapping charge in a new trial in Georgetown County later this year.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article163485968.html

Just read on TM Facebook that she is going to court Monday for something pertaining to the gag order. Also a bunch of other public posts if anyone's interested....

Edit--haven't read back through the thread this may be old news...

I just read that too about the Mrs. was coming to post, but you beat me to it !!

:happydance:

A flurry of motions filed in the case show Sidney Moorer’s attorneys are wanting to suppress evidence that may be used to support the charge or other accusations that he kidnapped and murdered Heather.

On Thursday, Moorer’s attorneys filed a motion to quash the indictment that accuses him of obstructing and hindering justice in the case for two days after Heather was reported missing.

On Friday, Moorer’s defense team also filed a motion to suppress two video-recorded statements Moorer made to police during their investigation. The first one was recorded on dashcam video on Dec. 20, 2013. The second one was recorded at the police station on Dec. 21, 2013. Both dates coincide with the dates on Moorer’s indictment for the obstruction of justice charge.

His attorneys argue those statements were just reporting “hearsay” and were given in violation of Moorer’s Miranda rights.

A third motion, also filed on Friday, asks the court for an order “suppressing testimony and evidence” of any other alleged crimes, namely any evidence supporting Moorer’s kidnapping charge or his initial murder charge in the case.

“This has been a highly publicized case,” Moorer’s attorney said in the motion. “If such evidence was introduced, the jury could make the mistake of deciding the case on an improper basis, such as an emotional basis.”

The motions have not yet been argued in court.

His obstruction of justice trial will be held in Horry County.

The state plans to retry him on the kidnapping charge in a new trial in Georgetown County later this year.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article163485968.html

I would loveeee to know what was said during the two statements that his attorneys are trying to suppress as heresy.

unfortunetly the police have had some very bad press around here. At least one beleaguered officer was involved in the initial investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow