MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on a re-trial date for SM or the one for TM? I can't find any news anywhere

Just watching last night's episode of 48 Hours and they interviewed Grant Frederick's. I immediately recognized his name from the HE trial. No wonder the defense tried to suppress his testimony. This guy knows his stuff. Still hoping for justice for HE.
JMO, MOO, etc

I'm watching 48 Hours now. The SUV identification from Fredericks is compelling evidence.

I keep coming over to this thread hoping the new trial has been scheduled for SM. Why wouldn't they move ahead with the one for TM?

I keep coming over to this thread hoping the new trial has been scheduled for SM. Why wouldn't they move ahead with the one for TM?

The case against TM is not as strong as it is against SM. They need to get a guilty verdict for him first to see if they can get him to roll over on TM, IMO. To be honest, and I hate to say it, I wouldn't be surprised if charges against TM are dropped if SM is found not guilty in his upcoming trial. There's no evidence of TM at the payphone, SM's phone is the one Heather was communicating with later that night, etc. Most of the circumstantial evidence against SM doesn't apply to TM, unfortunately.

will Heather ever get justice? I feel so bad for her loved ones..............

No surprise here; figured he'd get out soon.

I hate to say it but ... not everyone gets justice. I've seen it happen, as have most people who've followed murder cases for a long time. It's just something one has to be prepared for in case there's no resolution. But that's our system and no one's come up with a better one.

The case against TM is not as strong as it is against SM. They need to get a guilty verdict for him first to see if they can get him to roll over on TM, IMO. To be honest, and I hate to say it, I wouldn't be surprised if charges against TM are dropped if SM is found not guilty in his upcoming trial. There's no evidence of TM at the payphone, SM's phone is the one Heather was communicating with later that night, etc. Most of the circumstantial evidence against SM doesn't apply to TM, unfortunately.
I'm going to respectfully disagree. One reason completely out of pure disgust and hope. Second reason being the journal(s). Between that and the threats via phone at work, texts, etc. I think they can show a plan that TM wanted to deter and stop HE from impeding upon her marriage for good or rather, punish HE for what 'she did'. Heather and SM stopped the relationship yet TM couldn't end her harassment and stalking. It was like a wolf going after prey. I'm also disagreeing because I believe there is evidence not shown yet against TM. We were surprised by a few things regarding SM and I think we'll have the same pop up for her trial.

Things might of been different if only Heather was found..........what did they do with her body?...
I think someone knew and died with the secret

In my opinion, Heather would still be alive were it not for TM.

Well shoot, I haven't been here for a while & just received a vinelink email saying SM has been released. I honestly didn't know they put him in for violating the gag order. At least he will be monitored.

9/28/2016

This e-mail is to inform you that SIDNEY MOORER is no longer incarcerated in the detention center. The offender was placed in a home detention program with electronic monitoring on 9/28/2016.

https://vinelink.com/#/home

LOL, I think he's doing it to get out from under Tammys thumb.

Jail > live with his wildebeest wifey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidney Moorer, charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Heather Elvis, was released from jail Wednesday after serving 61 days in detention on a contempt charge.
Moorer spoke briefly with reporters while he waited to be fitted for a GPS-monitoring anklet.
Most questions were answered with, “I’m not going to talk about that.”
But when asked what he hoped would come out of his second upcoming trial for the kidnapping charge, Moorer simply said, “the truth.” When asked what that truth was, he told reporters to ask Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay…Outside of the J. Reuben Long Detention Center Wednesday afternoon, Moorer offered a message to the Elvis family: “They should demand the truth, not somebody going to jail. They should demand the truth, period,” he said.

Read more here:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article104674341.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members