Misty C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should stand up for GGMS for a bit. Because she's getting a trashing for not asking Misty questions. But that's not what she says here. My reading of this is she's talking about the police, saying that the police don't tell her any details, the police haven't explained her their timeline or the exact things, which they wouldn't. For all we know on the basis of this little tidbit, she may or may not ask questions of Misty all the time and she may or may not get a different answer each time. She's not talking about it here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0908/18/ng.01

GRACE: Got it. To Annette Sykes, the great-grandmother of little Haleigh, joining us from Weelaka, Florida. Ms. Sykes, what do you make of police saying that the girlfriend/baby-sitter has not given them full answers?

SYKES: Nancy, I`m not real sure about that. I`m not exactly sure what Misty has said to them because I`ve never really been told. And I`m not sure what their timeline or whatever it is they are -- you know, I`m not aware of all of the exact things, you know? So I don`t know -- you know, I don`t know.

And there is that new timeline again, imo:

Investigators say
the 17-year-old failed to provide a detailed account of what happened between 10 p.m. - when she said she fell asleep next to Haleigh - and the time she awoke to discover the child missing.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/20/news/news01.txt BBM

Of course they will say the evidence contradicts her story, imo. She says someone came in and took Haleigh. They say there was no forced entry. If someone had unlocked the door without her knowledge...they are both true statements, imo.

Heard about the possible party, new to me is the cig. story. If that has any truth to it seems to me the cops could tell by the cell phone record that she left the trailer. Also if she went to the store for ciggy's maybe there was video surveillance.

I heard Ron stopped at a convenience store on his way home from work but I don't know what he bought, possibly cigarettes.

Investigators say
the 17-year-old failed to provide a detailed account of what happened between 10 p.m. - when she said she fell asleep next to Haleigh - and the time she awoke to discover the child missing.

Of course they will say the evidence contradicts her story, imo. She says someone came in and took Haleigh. They say there was no forced entry. If someone had unlocked the door without her knowledge...they are both true statements, imo.

I think they must have some evidence that Misty was not asleep all that time because it makes no sense to me that someone who was asleep would be required to make a detailed account of what happened while she was out of it.

I think they must have some evidence that Misty was not asleep all that time because it makes no sense to me that someone who was asleep would be required to make a detailed account of what happened while she was out of it.
Unless she was making phone calls during the time she was supposed to be sleeping or someone can testify they saw her awake...there doesn't seem to be much of anything else they could go on to prove it either way.

Unless she was making phone calls during the time she was supposed to be sleeping or someone can testify they saw her awake...there doesn't seem to be much of anything else they could go on to prove it either way.

Which makes sense, since they're asking for people who have direct evidence......and making calls, or seeing other people seems like direct evidence to me!

IIRC there was a neighbor testifying she heard a woman yelling at around 2.30 am somewhere close to the MH. I think that might be part of it.

Investigators say

If Misty did not check the doors before she went to bed, she is negligent in her duties. She doesn't appear to know what the role of a child care giver is and this raises red flags for me. Misty has not said checking the doors after the children were in the home and taking the children to the toilet before she went to bed were part of her evening routine. Justice for HaLeigh

When I was caring for children Ronnie Jr and HaLeigh's ages, each night before I went to sleep I gently aroused each child, lifted them to the toilet, and afterwards, took them back to bed, tucked them in, and kissed them goodnight. This is a necessary practice in a household with young children and a grey area with Misty Croslin. Justice for HaLeigh.

This is an interesting point, Bluesky. A lot of children are woken when the parents go to bed for one last potty stop. And Jr was not quite four.

OT (sorta) We needed to do this with our youngest. DH would pick her up and put her on the toilet, he'd kneel in front of her and she would put her little head on his shoulder. I would turn the water on the sink. Worked like a charm every time. I'm not sure out little one ever fully woke up. Sweet memories...thanks for reminding me.

ITA...some people seem to want to avoid the possibility that there were many more types of evidence available to LE than what we already have been aware. There could be a multitude of things that LE knows....from the rumored washing machine still running, to a still warm dryer, or a cold drink with ice still unmelted in it, a cigarette still smoldering in an ashtray on the porch, a warm television set that had recently been turned off, a wet shower or bathtub or wet towels from a shower, a dishwasher with still warm dishes inside, cell calls or text messages during the "sleeping time", a PPV movie purchase, the list could go on, but the point is---LE knows things we don't know, and that Misty does not know that they know.

Anyone can call crimestoppers or the Tipline and remain anonymous. Apparently no one has done that either, so I doubt she was out anywhere. How did she get there, walk to the nearest store several miles away?

ITA...some people seem to want to avoid the possibility that there were many more types of evidence available to LE than what we already have been aware. There could be a multitude of things that LE knows....from the rumored washing machine still running, to a still warm dryer, or a cold drink with ice still unmelted in it, a cigarette still smoldering in an ashtray on the porch, a warm television set that had recently been turned off, a wet shower or bathtub or wet towels from a shower, a dishwasher with still warm dishes inside, cell calls or text messages during the "sleeping time", a PPV movie purchase, the list could go on, but the point is---LE knows things we don't know, and that Misty does not know that they know.

And a stranger coming in, turning on a light, walking though the MH, picking up a child, changing her cloths, bricking doors, would leave some DNA behind. So the lack of it, is a clue also...

If Misty did not check the doors before she went to bed, she is negligent in her duties. She doesn't appear to know what the role of a child care giver is and this raises red flags for me. Misty has not said checking the doors after the children were in the home and taking the children to the toilet before she went to bed were part of her evening routine. Justice for HaLeigh

So one is negligent if they don't check door and windows before they go to bed? Good thing they didn't arrest Mark Lunsford's parents then for neglect.

There could have been a window left open, maybe Tommy opened the side door, maybe the AC man, maybe someone came in through the window. Maybe someone made a copy of her key. Maybe the door was bumped locked. There's lots of maybes on why that door was unlocked.

Haleigh and Jr are old enough to go to the bathroom before they go to sleep by themselves consider the master bath is right there in the bedroom.

The thing is, when a father marries the woman who apparently is or very nearly is the suspect in his child's disappearance very soon after the event, questions are inevitably raised.

But,we're also talking about a Dept that took over two weeks to take a backdoor and over 100 people had fingerprints on it,going in and out of the MH.And the dog searchers from the dept. the day the search started for HaLeigh,were throwing her blankets over the rail of that same backdoor for a dogscent.And then they wait six months after a news conference with MN and TM to send out a press release to clear RC and Crystal.I just question if they have no evidence of anything,and the investigation's interesting techniques of collecting evidence at the beginning,are they making statements on just theory?As far as we know,not all the family members have had polygraphs and some just recently.For six months the public has been kept in the dark and JMO,but,partly the cause of keeping HaLeigh out of the news.The case should have went to a higher LE Dept,as I feel all missing children's cases should,with experts on this,time is essential.

And a stranger coming in, turning on a light, walking though the MH, picking up a child, changing her cloths, bricking doors, would leave some DNA behind. So the lack of it, is a clue also...
If they did find DNA in or around the home of a person who could have been a regular visitor...how do they know when it was left? It could have been when Haleigh went missing or earlier that day...but there is no way to distinguish a time frame, imo. They may be dismissing certain evidence because of that factor, imo.

And not all crime scenes are found to have DNA left behind by the perp.

I just finished listening to BNN Radio with Simon & TJ Hart which was taped yesterday & is 45 min. talking about Misty. It also discussed the rumors of the party sprinkled throughout the show, I believe he said it was something like 2 blocks or streets away. They also discussed the door. It was an interesting show if anyone has time or is interested to listen. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Simon-Barrett/2009/08/19/Haleigh-Cummings-Update

This is an interesting point, Bluesky. A lot of children are woken when the parents go to bed for one last potty stop. And Jr was not quite four.

OT (sorta) We needed to do this with our youngest. DH would pick her up and put her on the toilet, he'd kneel in front of her and she would put her little head on his shoulder. I would turn the water on the sink. Worked like a charm every time. I'm not sure out little one ever fully woke up. Sweet memories...thanks for reminding me.

You have described an act of unconditional love that bonds families together and establishes a happy and secure place for children to develop at their own pace without having their feelings exploited. The parent takes on the responsibility for their child's well-being. This act sends a clear message of love without any need for words, which possess the power to heal or harm. Misty said HaLeigh peed her blanket. Is Misty intentionally hiding her response to HaLeigh peeing the bed or is she open for discussion? Furthermore, if Misty removed a blanket from the bedroom window like she said she did, this is the 3rd red flag I have detected in the quality of care Misty provided to these precious children.

If they did find DNA in or around the home of a person who could have been a regular visitor...how do they know when it was left? It could have been when Haleigh went missing or earlier that day...but there is no way to distinguish a time frame, imo. They may be dismissing certain evidence because of that factor, imo.

And not all crime scenes are found to have DNA left behind by the perp.

I was surprised to read this today, it appears there WAS some DNA recovered. Isn't this a new announcement?

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/08/in...ck-the-cu.html

snipped....Investigators say DNA evidence has left a small chance that a stranger took Haleigh from her Satsuma home, and they think Misty Croslin-Cummings may not be giving them the full story.

This is the first I have heard about DNA.

I just finished listening to BNN Radio with Simon & TJ Hart which was taped yesterday & is 45 min. talking about Misty. It also discussed the rumors of the party sprinkled throughout the show, I believe he said it was something like 2 blocks or streets away. They also discussed the door. It was an interesting show if anyone has time or is interested to listen. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Simon-Barrett/2009/08/19/Haleigh-Cummings-Update

Thanks just the two of them talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member