Misty Croslin Letters Ban Padilla!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Think back everyone: To the LD and voice recognition test by Tim Miller. Misty went against her attorney's advice and took the tests. She also didn't listen to his advice about a second trip to New York.
Misty does not and probably never will do what her attorney advises. She will do what she wants. The End.

Think back everyone: To the LD and voice recognition test by Tim Miller. Misty went against her attorney's advice and took the tests. She also didn't listen to his advice about a second trip to New York.
Misty does not and probably never will do what her attorney advises. She will do what she wants. The End.

AMEN! Sister Mary Wanna

Lenard P will continue to use Lisa and Hank for his self promotion. I'll bet he has told them they could claim the reward money for Haleigh if they can get Misty to talk, and he will relocate them to Calif., yada, yada, yada. Thus the visits to Misty, to spiil to LP, the constant " I don't know what Mom and me are gonna do, (sigh) I love you (sigh) I need a job (sigh) I love you ."(sigh) ME, ME, ME, ME!!! That's where she learned it, but also the trademark of a druggie.
I don't feel sorry for any of them. No one is FORCED to steal. They know the system inside out better than you or I do to get food,shelter, etc. If 3 in that family ringing doorbell of a blind man with a stupid excuse to use the phone ,it's to rob him to score a fix. They need to stay right where they are living, with their own type of people. They won't be waking up any of them to rob them.
For big Daddy Hank in the it's too bright in here shades: Time to tell your daughter to talk to her lawyer only, not you, and make a deal so she doesn't spend the rest of her life in prison.
Rant over
I agree that Misty needs to only talk to her lawyer, but I think that her parents are convinced that she didn't hurt Haleigh, & figure if they can get the truth, plus get aid from Padilla, plus get the reward money...well then ,why not? I don't like those motivations, but if that's what it takes...then so be it.

This makes me think that Mistys parents know exactly what happened, and Misty is worried that if LP keeps giving them a bunch of free stuff then they will start talking and tell all.

Why else would she care?
The other reason she would care is that she is jealous of the money LP is spending on her parents. After all, that is money that LP could be spending on her!

I'm sure Misty would rather have had Padilla put the money he spent on a used car for her parents into Misty's jail account for canteen. Better yet, of course, would have been using the money to get her out of jail.

Misty had no problem ordering her mother to contact LP when Misty thought LP would get her out of jail (on Misty's terms, of course).

Misty is resentful, in my opinion, that she is sitting in jail, and her parents are getting goodies. Misty is extremely greedy, selfish, and self-centered (and she reminds me of Casey Anthony and the chili- "ME, ME, ME!").

I think it's a matter that MC simply doesn't understand what's expected of her by LP. She thinks she can babble anything to LP, throw ToC under the bus again, drag her friends through the mud, forget about Haleigh, and get out of jail free. She doesn't understand LP's stipulations. Her parents are not spelling it out clearly enough.

The lawyer understands and is trying to keep her under his protection. So it will be interesting how this turns out :P

Yeah... Misty's got a bit of a problem with that, IMO, because she's trying to do two things at once. It's sometimes evident in the jailhouse conversations, even within a few sentences. Either she's busy trying to convince the world that she doesn't know anything about Haleigh, or LP that she'll tell him everything if she just gets bailed out, pronto. But what is she going to tell if she knows nothing like she says?

I knew this would happen when she was talking to her dad and telling him thatthe only way she'll let Padilla post bail was if he would do so on the terms that it wouldn't be revoked..
She was trying to play the game "Ok I'll tell you everything if you bail me out, then say I don't know anything, now you can't revoke my bond because we have an agreement"

MC says she can't call LP because she can only call 10 people and her list is full right? I wonder if this is the reason she hasn't called LP simply because she just can't, having her list of numbers to call full.

I thought Misty said in one of the phone calls that she'd do what LP said just to get out and if her lawyer disagreed she'd fire him and get a new lawyer...

BTW, love the pill-poppin' siggy, NoMo :d

It seems Misty needs some narcs more than the others locked up. IMO, she has always been the best actor of any of them. I can't write what I see in her expressions, the real Misty, flashes through in a split second and then she's back to playing whoever she is with. I think Misty is the one who gets violent if she doesn't get her way, a good match for RC. When she figures out she can't and won't get out of there, I expect a huge meltdown, an adult temper tantrum, screaming vulgarities, hitting, kicking, the works. All MOO

I think it'a a good thing that LP is luring the family with whatever bait he can to get info. These people know what time it is. This isn't their first rodeo. They know that to keep the gravy train rolling they are going to have to give something in return, and LP wants to know what happened to Haleigh. He can do things the cops and lawyers can't, and he could actually be they key to the truth. I don't think family loyalty is the driving factor in these folks' lives. They are a hardscrabble bunch used to looking out for number one. If they do know anything, LP may get it out of them. I sure hope so anyway.

Her charming, conning, manipuative ways go from child to adult in 0 to 90.

(The "adult" Misty leaving for a NY interview is so different than the little girl on set the next morning...)

I've seen this with my sociopathic sister...It's quite scary.
They use all they have to manipulate you.
Looks, charm, promises, and none of it means anything to them....
Just the end result of their lies being believed.

I really like Padilla. As eccentric as he is.....

He tells it like it is....

He has the interest, the money and he wants closure.

Of course, Misty is going to turn him down sight unseen...no meeting.
Her "truth" will lead to the death penalty.

I like that he's interacting with her indigent parents.
I would hope they are giving up some secrets to Padilla.

I would like to further explore her statement that it will make the police look stupid (what she has to tell Cobra).

Working under the assumption that she is telling the truth (stop laughing, I can hear you!)
What would make the police look stupid? Not looking at ...? Not considering or realizing...? Overlooking...?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I would like to further explore her statement that it will make the police look stupid (what she has to tell Cobra).

Working under the assumption that she is telling the truth (stop laughing, I can hear you!)
What would make the police look stupid? Not looking at ...? Not considering or realizing...? Overlooking...?

When MC dad implores her to tell the truth and says he doesn't want her to get in trouble she says It has nothing to do with me, or its nothing against me,(not exact words) just to piggyback your comment Grace, your comment and these statements are interesting to me.

We can be assured that whatever Misty will say will portray her as a victim. The M.O. was established very early in life, and woe be unto any who dare have Misty as their "victim" .....I only hope that LE will continue to see through the charade.

Lenard P will continue to use Lisa and Hank for his self promotion. I'll bet he has told them they could claim the reward money for Haleigh if they can get Misty to talk, and he will relocate them to Calif., yada, yada, yada. Thus the visits to Misty, to spiil to LP, the constant " I don't know what Mom and me are gonna do, (sigh) I love you (sigh) I need a job (sigh) I love you ."(sigh) ME, ME, ME, ME!!! That's where she learned it, but also the trademark of a druggie.
[...]
Rant over

Speaking of that reward money...it has always bothered me that the reward seems like such a small amount for such a high profile case. Does anyone know why that is or have a theory? $35K seems like a paltry amount.

I was recently in Los Angeles and saw on a newscast a reward for information leading to a hit and run driver which the city put up and it was $50K.

newstome: I think you may be right about the motivation of the parents. It could also be they are sick and tired of the constant trouble with the police and the fact that the spotlight has shone on them more than they'd like it to thereby causing landlords to refuse to rent to them or anyone offer them employment. I would not want that kind of attention and I don't have some of the issues these folks do.

i'm still not sure of reward is only if haleigh is found alive?
if it is for info leading to closing the case...i think someone will tell once sentences are pronounced and those on the outside are sure those on the inside won't be out anytime soon...
assuming those on inside are guilty of whatever has happened to haleigh of course...

This makes me think that Mistys parents know exactly what happened, and Misty is worried that if LP keeps giving them a bunch of free stuff then they will start talking and tell all.

Why else would she care?

ITA. Her father asks some very direct questions in the jail tapes and I have a feeling he's working with somebody.

There have not been any new "jail visit" tapes, I wonder if RF had a serious talk with misty about the well known video visits with her parents.
Maybe they have been asked to cool it for awhile, and Misty listened?
just wondering......hummm

What we have seen......won't do her anygood!
JMO

Nothing since Feb. 18th......hummm
RF to Misty

what are you thinking!
no more phone calls!
the whole country is watching & listening to every word you say!
selling drugs, running around with ronald!
this is the letter I am sending to LP! you are not to talk to him!
stop bawling and making confessions (drugs) to your dad!
if you don't zip you lip, you are going to fry!

I am curious as to why there has been no new jail video since Feb. 9?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back