Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry, people, I just listened to this initial 911 call and it sounds to me like its a young girl trying to control her emotions in order to offer information to the 911 operator. Note those phrases "oh my god" and "huh" as if the kid is desperately trying to help, but is completely worked up.

If you people cannot see a very worked up girl in this 911 call, well, not sure what you are looking for.

Once again, don't pull me into race issues. I was making a statement using the facts of the circumstances. It wasn't latino, white, asian, indian, european, italian or female robbers. But yes, you are correct, I would also be upset and scared no matter what they looked like.

Well, in all fairness, you are the one who stated you would be upset if big black guys attacked you. You didn't say if someone attacked you, but if black guys attacked you. Not trying to argue, just sayin.

I just listened. I hope they catch these guys, as I'm sure their not the only ones being physically attacked and robbed. We all know people that perpetrate these types of crimes just continue to get braver and the crimes become more violent, often leading to physical injury and death. Hopefully the purse or purses were returned with their personal information inside.

Misty was hurt and sobbing. She sounded scared. It's obvious why she called 911 as she revealed it on the call. She was saying, "The purse had all of her stuff in it, drivers license, etc..." and she also was reporting that she was injured, that her arm was hurt and she couldn't move it because she was being pulled out of the car while it was moving.

Obviously the 22 year old Stanmyer was inside. So who knows, probably was there to buy drugs, as she stated. So far, no mention of what LE is or did do about the robbery. Guess that's not the newsworthy aspect. Hopefully Misty has learned her lesson to never go back there. The thugs that did this ought to not be lost in this.

Misty is getting more news time, and no mention of the robbers. Guess when they kill someone it will become newsworthy. According to Misty, they had a black gun, so it will only be a matter of time.

I really hope LE doesn't ignore this just because Misty is involved. That would be so wrong! I see nothing wrong with the girls calling LE over this- even if they were buying drugs (IMO it's kinda like saying the lady at the bar in the sexy dress deserved to be attacked cuz how she's dressed, kwim?) Dude had no reason, no right to put his hands on her or anyone else!

LE better follow up on this or I'll be very upset, though not surprised.

here's the new 911 call by misty so that it's easier to compare them:

YouTube - Misty Cummings' New 911 Call!

misty sure has her heart in her throat cuz her arm was hurt and her purse stole.
yet when poor little haleigh goes missing, misty goes sounding in between a little nervous and normal. go figure, disgusting!
she obviously doesn't hold the life of a child high on her list of priorities.
top of the list would be her arm, purse, and cell phone. (not necessarily in that order)

I'm sorry, people, I just listened to this initial 911 call and it sounds to me like its a young girl trying to control her emotions in order to offer information to the 911 operator. Note those phrases "oh my god" and "huh" as if the kid is desperately trying to help, but is completely worked up.

If you people cannot see a very worked up girl in this 911 call, well, not sure what you are looking for.

ITA, she sounds very upset!

just listened to the 911 call... @ 3:10 misty says "i wish ----- were here"... and she repeats this again @ 3:20... does she say "ron"?

Gee I wish when I was young and didnt have a job or parents( as I didnt) that I could of had a cell phone.

:rolleyes:

misty sure hesitates a lot on the haleigh call when asked questions or she just don't answer them. "omg" and "huh" she uses to stall her having to answer questions, imo.
when she calls about being robbed, she is a lot more descriptive and emotionally upset.

I haven't been following this thread lately but decided to check out the 911 call posted initially by Misty. Here's how it began:

Misty Croslin: "Hi...umm...I just woke up...and our backdoor was wide open and I think...and I can't find our daughter"

911: "you can't find what?"

Misty Croslin:"our daughter"

She was still half asleep in the initial call relative to Haleigh and she had not been physically accosted.
In the 911 call where she herself was physically accosted when wide awake may explain some of the difference in noted "emotion" response.

However...I do agree that even if she was half asleep in the initial call, she had some time to wake up and comprehend the tragedy that Haleigh was gone from the home. So, I agree that her expression should have been quite animated. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the actual "voice" recording of that initial 911 call and would appreciate a link if anyone can provide that.

As it stands, the circumstances and time could possibly explain the "emotive" difference in the calls, with a big "but" considering that in the first call, even if half asleep, surely the disappearance of the child would have sent a bit of wake up adrenaline through her system.

Coming down from some drug could well explain that lack of adrenaline in the Haleigh 991 call. That would explain that even after noting the door and going through the house that she was still a bit less than animated. It would "not" necessarily assume culpability in the disappearance itself, but it "would" IMO suggest a possible consideration relative to the less than animated 911 response.

BBM--

Respectfully, in her "standing version" of her story, she woke, found Haleigh missing and "tore the place apart" (in her words) looking for her. She wasn't half asleep.

Technically, Misty could apply for an apartment, but she would need to be able to prove monthly income, provide a credit history, and put down one to two months' rent as a deposit. I know a couple, both over 21, one a college grad and the other weeks from graduation, who have three jobs between them and still couldn't get a lease in an apartment complex suitable for their child. Many young people (under 30) have parents as co-signers for the first few leases just because they don't have sufficient credit HISTORY for many landlords. And then, of course, Misty's alleged partying and drug abuse and notoriety in regard to a missing child case would probably disqualify her on terms of character. Landlords can't discriminate because of race, gender, etc., but they don't have to rent to just anyone who applies.

The best thing that could happen to Misty? Get arrested for buying drugs and have the judge send her to rehab.

Bold is mine-

Yeah, for like 3 months, then to sober living and then not move back anywhere near her "family" or "friends".. ever!

she also constantly uses "yes, ma'am"... that's kinda impressive, no?

(has she always been this polite and courteous to LE?)

It's a southern thing. Everyone is "ma'am" and "sir". Often times you hear people speak to their parents this way too. It's supposed to be a respect thing.. though it lost much the actual respect part years ago and they are just words people say because they were taught it their whole lives and it's become a habit (kinda like ya'll), IMO

I dunno how she usually refers to LE but I know Ron uses his sir's and Ma'am's.

Wow, after listening to the 911 purse snatching call, I'm not sure what to think about the comparisons with the 911 call about Haleigh. Misty does speak fairly well on this call, was calling the lady "maam", and didn't need any questions repeated. But.... even though she had her friend talking in the background she didn't have Ron yelling and cursing her. Actually Misty seems to act very differently at different times: acting like a redneck, acting like a mom, acting like a gangster, calling girls "dude", etc.

Well, in all fairness, you are the one who stated you would be upset if big black guys attacked you. You didn't say if someone attacked you, but if black guys attacked you. Not trying to argue, just sayin.

In all fairness, I made a statement of fact. I'm not the one making it an issue of a descriptive over 3 robbers accosting a very young defenseless female. Nothing else was said or picked out of my post but this, which is totally turning my post into a race issue instead of what it was intended for.

Now I have responded 3 times to this same type of post. I'm done with those posts that appear argumentative to me. I want to talk about the relevance if any, this has. Though I've not found anything relative to Haleighs disappearance in this robbery. Yet a crime was committed against 2 young females and it's getting lost.

It's a southern thing. Everyone is "ma'am" and "sir". Often times you hear people speak to their parents this way too. It's supposed to be a respect thing.. though it lost much the actual respect part years ago and they are just words people say because they were taught it their whole lives and it's become a habit (kinda like ya'll), IMO

I dunno how she usually refers to LE but I know Ron uses his sir's and Ma'am's.

Nah, its still a respect thing.

You know,I am probably going to take alot of flack for saying this..but hearing this ticked me off. She sounds FRANTIC.....not like whiney like she did on the 911 call she made the night Haliegh went missing. She even knows the address...she barely knew the one she LIVED at with Haliegh.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think I heard the other female give her the location and she only said name of the apartment complex and streets. Did she actually give a numerical address? I did not hear that. On Haleigh;s 911 call she could have been in shock and in this call she was hurting with physical pain from being pulled from a moving car onto cement or blacktop. Both can be extremely painful. JMHO

Glad she is not seriously injured and surprised RC has not been blamed yet.

just listened to the 911 call... @ 3:10 misty says "i wish ----- were here"... and she repeats this again @ 3:20... does she say "ron"?

3:10 I don't know what I'm going to do. (sounds like)

3:20 Oh my god, they're here. (for sure)

Wow, now why would Ms. Brock do that, wonder?

Who said Ms Brock did that?

Fields said he was told that Ms Brock didn't want Misty to listen to her Attorney....and he learned this.......HOW?

My bet's on Misty, and we all know how reliable she is...

Who said Ms Brock did that?

Fields said he was told that Ms Brock didn't want Misty to listen to her Attorney....and he learned this.......HOW?

My bet's on Misty, and we all know how reliable she is...

Mr. Fields had problems with his client not listening to him before Ms Brock arrived on the scene. She agreed to, signed a waiver stating she was agreeing to, take the LVA and poly tests, knowingly against her attorney's advice. He admitted he had advised her against it before telling everyone he didn't know about it. Can't have it both ways.

Mr Fields needs to prove himself a bigger influence in her life than anyone else, and as yet, has not managed to do so. He should focus on his job instead of blaming others for not doing it.

I can't tell what she says at all at 310 but at 320 she says OMG they're here, meaning the police.

I also want to say, even though I see someone else already thought this too but dismissed it, the difference in calls is coming from the circumstances involved IMO. In the Haleigh call MC had just awoken and prob. was in shock that Haleigh was gone ans scared of Ron's reaction. I know when my brother drowned and we got the info. I was in shock, and was very calm while I called the people that needed to be called. But when I was attacked by my ex-husband and assaulted I was not calm in the least I was hysterical. MY experience only, so I can see that there could be 2 different emotional states for 2 different emergencies. And so begins another day.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back