Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They would have to wait for testing on the crushed up pill to arrest her. They have to know what it is before they can arrest anyone. Then you get into who it belongs to, and she says it is hers and she says she didn't know what it was and someone else says they have never seen it before. LE is not being lazy, they have to have more than that to go on and have a charge stick.
If they know the pill belonged to her, i.e. in her possesion, then they wouldn't need to have it tested to arrest her. You can buy a sugar pill from a dealer but as long as you were intending to buy Oxy (or any narcotic/illegal drug) it doesn't matter WHAT you bought. Same goes for the dealer he could be selling baking powder but if he is passing it off as coke, he can be charged as if it WAS coke. :)

Honestly, if I were her, I can't blame her for wanting to medicate herself. I would be suicidal if people had said and done the things to me that's been said and done to this girl. I would be beyond consolable. The public humiliation has to be horrible. Hear how Nancy Grace talks about her so hatefully to her own husband. And he doesn't stop it nor defend her.

I don't think people will be happy til Misty is destroyed, and killed herself somewhere. Very sad.

FGS when will we learn there is suffering for others, for righteousness' sake... and then there is suffering for our own unlawfulness, pridefulness, willfulness, selfishness, deceitfulness, arrogance, and continued foolishness. Most people might think twice about using, purchasing, possessing or cavorting around w those who use drugs after a child goes missing or may even have died on their watch.

Medicate herself? Come on Kool, you and I and everyone else posting here, know that if you need medication, you go to the doctor for a prescription, a remedy or referral, not to a parking lot.

Thank you az geez yathink...

Shelters. I used to work in that arena. Clean, safe, regular meals, counseling, access to medical care. Salvation army, Rescue Mission, DV shelter, Catholic Charities, and on and on. That is where she needs to go if she wants to change her lifestyle. I think that right now she is free from the inlaws and she is having fun. But I'm afraid it will get her killed if she isn't careful.

Now there's a thought grace :blowkiss: There actually are some options for someone righthearted, w an ounce of humility, regrets, or compassion who is genuinely seeking to learn something from such a horrible and heartbreaking tragedy.

:parrot:

Misty was robbed=Karma. Im a big believer in karma and what comes around.....goes around.IMO!

Maybe she CHOSE to stay with "Like minded" people as herself. It is well known that Misty is no stranger to the world of drugs. Maybe if people stop making excuses for her, she'll be FORCED to be held accountable for her actions. Then MAYBE she won't go down the same path as her Mom.

(snip, bbm) :clap: Agree w bold! (wait... was that a flicker of light I just saw...)

I bolded above the statement about NG. My perspective is that NG asked the obvious, penetrating, probing question that was on everyone's mind.

(snip) Yes granna, and I'm no fan of NG and she sure took her time getting around to one direct question, but better late than never! :)

:parrot:

Why did they not rob the other two women also? How did they know that Misty was the one holding the drugs? Misty is unemployed and anyone who knows her or has been following the case knows it. Why was one of the women brave (stupid?) enough to chase the robbers? (Did she know them and therefore was unafraid?) Why did they just take off leaving the woman alone with the robbers? (Instead of calling the cops or following her in the car and picking her up?) Why did one of the women admit to law enforcement they were going to buy drugs? That is totally asinine. The whole thing is just odd. It does not make any sense.

Edited to add: Or did Misty stage a robbery to get another prescription for Xanax?

Why did they not rob the other two women also? How did they know that Misty was the one holding the drugs? Misty is unemployed and anyone who knows her or has been following the case knows it. Why was one of the women brave (stupid?) enough to chase the robbers? (Did she know them and therefore was unafraid?) Why did they just take off leaving the woman alone with the robbers? (Instead of calling the cops or following her in the car and picking her up?) Why did one of the women admit to law enforcement they were going to buy drugs? That is totally asinine. The whole thing is just odd. It does not make any sense.
I think the article said they did take one of the other girl's purse too.

IMO, if you are a part of the drug culture, this is probably par for the course. I wish Misty had some good guidance in her lifetime to know that. I am no expert, but I do know teenage behavior, and they think they are invincible, smarter than anyone, and can get away with anything they can, and they will try. And they will buck the system when they are that young. And the problem there is, they think they are right haha. In their young unknowing minds they are just fitting in with the crowd, thinking it is cool.

I think you're right. Misty seems to be attracted to "exciting" behavior. At first I thought she would be in a difficult position, on the outs both with her family and with Ron, and having burned bridges with her so-called friends. But it sounds like Misty is now somewhat of a celebrity in certain circles, so I think she will have people who want to hang out with her and offer her a place to stay. These are not people who will encourage her to improve her behavior, however.

I have an opinion on this mess, and also a question. When Misty married Ron, she was declared a legal adult, correct? I thought that is how it worked. Now that they are divorced, does she revert back to legal child? Seriously, I keep seeing posts regarding her being a child,( I get it in the sense of her age and mentality,) but when talking about her having to be an adult to rent an apt, etc...if she was declared by marriage to be a legal adult, would that not apply to entering into contract as an adult? Not being a smarty pants, just need clarification.
Okay, IMO...Misty is out in the world on her own right now, but she definitely has choices other than the same junky friends, if she choose to make changes. She could probably go anywhere in the country, walk into a shelter or church and ask for help. People know who she is and what she has been going through. I think that if she showed a genuine will to change her life, people would help her, even with this all still hanging over her head. Heck, even foster care if she is considered a minor. She has had the chance to see, if only briefly, that there is more to life. Of course, I am assuming that Donna, being associated with Tim, is not a drug addict. When she was with Donna, the reports were that she was taken care of pretty well. She also has an attorney, who undoubtedly advises her to clean up her life. If she wanted to,IMO, she could enter some kind of program offered via charity, get her GED and a job and build a life for herself. But we don't hear of her making those choices. We hear her hanging with the same quality of people as before. No change is being sought.
Feel sorry that she was born into a family this messed up? Sure. Feel sorry she was raised to think the norm is lying, stealing, drug use, and various forms of abuse? Sure.
But she is the one choosing to not speak freely to LE and tell what she is withholding. She has chosen to not use whatever money she made from her interview to boost herself into a start away from all of this.
Just as we acknowledge a normal girl her age would be devastated from all the pressure of these past 8 months, we must acknowledge that a normal girl would have crumbled and told all she knew and reached for whatever hand was there to save her from a life like this. Those who do not wish to be saved, cannot be saved.
Sorry, rant done. For some reason this touches a nerve for me.

I have an opinion on this mess, and also a question. When Misty married Ron, she was declared a legal adult, correct? I thought that is how it worked. Now that they are divorced, does she revert back to legal child? Seriously, I keep seeing posts regarding her being a child,( I get it in the sense of her age and mentality,) but when talking about her having to be an adult to rent an apt, etc...if she was declared by marriage to be a legal adult, would that not apply to entering into contract as an adult? Not being a smarty pants, just need clarification.
Okay, IMO...Misty is out in the world on her own right now, but she definitely has choices other than the same junky friends, if she choose to make changes. She could probably go anywhere in the country, walk into a shelter or church and ask for help. People know who she is and what she has been going through. I think that if she showed a genuine will to change her life, people would help her, even with this all still hanging over her head. Heck, even foster care if she is considered a minor. She has had the chance to see, if only briefly, that there is more to life. Of course, I am assuming that Donna, being associated with Tim, is not a drug addict. When she was with Donna, the reports were that she was taken care of pretty well. She also has an attorney, who undoubtedly advises her to clean up her life. If she wanted to,IMO, she could enter some kind of program offered via charity, get her GED and a job and build a life for herself. But we don't hear of her making those choices. We hear her hanging with the same quality of people as before. No change is being sought.
Feel sorry that she was born into a family this messed up? Sure. Feel sorry she was raised to think the norm is lying, stealing, drug use, and various forms of abuse? Sure.
But she is the one choosing to not speak freely to LE and tell what she is withholding. She has chosen to not use whatever money she made from her interview to boost herself into a start away from all of this.
Just as we acknowledge a normal girl her age would be devastated from all the pressure of these past 8 months, we must acknowledge that a normal girl would have crumbled and told all she knew and reached for whatever hand was there to save her from a life like this. Those who do not wish to be saved, cannot be saved.

Nice post supergirl and my thoughts exactly. Some people DO want to be saved just "not right now..later". The problem with that is sometimes "later" never comes....

Thank you supergirl.....well said....and I agree with your post

She is an emancipated minor, which states no one else (her parents or now her ex-husband) are responsible for her or any decisions she may make in the future, whether that be bills she may owe, signing contracts, making business deals. The person entering into any contract or business deal would be aware of her age and should be rightfully cautious.

One of the many drawbacks of going into an area where drugs are sold is that you are making yourself a target for robbery. Many people robbed when they are attempting to buy drugs won't call the police to report the crime because of why they're there in the first place.

Sorry SuperGirl, I would not rate your post as a rant. You ask some thoughtful questions and make some excellent points about Misty's behavior and choices.
She claims to have slept through the kidnapping of a child in her care, I think and possibly you do too, that this episode would be life changing for her. She is as you pointed out not looking for a safe helping hand.
Oh, by the way, tv news shows don't pay for interviews. Travel, lodging and food is all they cover when conducting an on-air interview.

Just getting through the thread. First, have to say, I'm really shocked at how many posters feel sorry for MC. She did this to herself. She decided to declare herself emancipated and an adult and she continues to make her own choices.

I had a light bulb moment . . . It's been discussed that if MC really had gone out the night Haleigh disappeared, someone would've come forth by now. Well, after hearing about this, I'm thinking maybe she was out with these people or someone similar. I mean, I can't imagine drug dealers and possibly gang members are going to go to LE with any info. I don't think whoever she was out with that night was just a bunch of kids.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Misty has been crucified publically for 8 months without a moments peace or break from it all. There's not a Doctor I know of that wouldn't write that gal a script right now for some anti-depressants, anxiety pills, all kinds of medicine. Haleigh is not lost, shes abducted or been harmed and hidden from being found. No excuses.

I understand you have a sense of sympathy to Misty and I say this with all due respect but try and look objectively at this. Misty has had a drug problem, she was on a 3 day binge the days leading up to Haleigh going missing. Misty has surrounded herself with people just like her, many including her ex-husband have drug arrests on record. I'm quite sure the crushed pills in the bottle weren't anti-depressants or any therapeutic medication prescribed by a physician. Crushed pills sound like an oxycontin fix to me. Also Haleigh is listed as a missing child, it's never been proven that she was abducted.

nonono. I meant it to mean: This 17 year old youth, has no where to go. Meaning she is being forced to stay probably somewhere other than where she would like to be as she can't go home to her family, her other family, Ron Cummings has forsaken her, her other friends Tim and Donna betrayed her, her Grandmother is several states away, she's a minor, no home herself.

An article was posted a few days ago, stating misty was staying with two friends, and I was wondering if these were the friends mentioned. But, I guess she could have just hooked up with them, knowing them from her past, or through family or other friends, or just recently met them.

She's got to stay somewhere, so when a person has no options, that's what I meant by "forced".

I remember hearing a grandmother from another state, TN maybe, said she would drive to FL & get Misty. Grannie needs to do that & Misty needs to go. Somebody, somewhere, needs to get some sense into this young lady. She needs to get her butt in school, stay off the booze & drugs. Her mother has FAILED her in every way & someone needs to teach this girl she can be worth much more than spreading her legs for a few pills, beers or cigs. If Misty had anything to do with Haleigh missing & I for one believe she did, she should pay the price. Until that is proven though, maybe she needs to have a very very slow walk thru the same jail KC is at & she how joyful life is on the inside.

One of the many drawbacks of going into an area where drugs are sold is that you are making yourself a target for robbery. Many people robbed when they are attempting to buy drugs won't call the police to report the crime because of why they're there in the first place.

Yes its referred to as "beat". Misty and her friends got beat. The dealer takes her money and she got no drugs. In the city where my hubby works it's pretty common and sometimes the buyer gets a gun shot to the leg or foot just because. It's the nature of the beast so to speak.

Just getting through the thread. First, have to say, I'm really shocked at how many posters feel sorry for MC. She did this to herself. She decided to declare herself emancipated and an adult and she continues to make her own choices.

I had a light bulb moment . . . It's been discussed that if MC really had gone out the night Haleigh disappeared, someone would've come forth by now. Well, after hearing about this, I'm thinking maybe she was out with these people or someone similar. I mean, I can't imagine drug dealers and possibly gang members are going to go to LE with any info. I don't think whoever she was out with that night was just a bunch of kids.

I don't feel sorry for Misty regarding her being held accountable if she does have something to do with Haleighs disapperance. I do though, feel sorry for anyone raised in the type of house hold she was . She was never taught to make good choices nor was she raised to respect herself. If mom nor dad thought enough of her to send her to school cause it was "too hard" for her, I suspect she felt they gave up & they did. Maybe Misty doesnt think Misty is worth saving.
Again, I dont feel sorry for her anymore than I feel sorry for KC, but I also dont think either of these girls became the way they are all on their own.

This is the prime example as to why I think the police are doing a crap job with this case. Come on she was busted with crushed up drugs in her purse and was not arrested? You have to be kidding me. They could have arrested her and then questioned her right there and pressured her more on Haleigh.

The problem is that they have no proof that she is the one that bought the
drugs and put them in her purse.
Sad to say but it’s really hard to get someone arrested on drugs unless the
police actually see them buy it there is nothing they can do…
I know from experience with my niece!

I truly believe it is time for LE to consider placing her in protective custody, as a witness and as a person that seems to be placed or is placing herself in Danger.
She is only 17, she doesn't have a support team behind her, her "friends" are involved in lots of illegal stuff, most of her family has been or is incarcerated ! White Boy and most of her guy friends do not want the drama and attention she would bring.Ron and family want to distance themselves from her to protect their interests.
She really has no one, I hope this recent event gives them the excuse to hold her.
Look at KC...3 squares a day for over a year now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back