Misty's Learning Disabilities

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A sudden fit of rage needs no motive and does not take into account how good the lives are overall.

FYI, from day one, I was here watching this case unfold. I believed 100% Misty was guilty/involved and maintained that the first four weeks. What was being reported to the public, her story didn't ring true as the media was slanted in reporting with an edge, I fell for it.

As have I and have even been to Satsuma with my boots and my stick to look for Haleigh.

Came back into the case 6 weeks ago, and have learned differently. Sooo don't know what you mean about contingencies on my behalf.

Some of us have never left the coverage on this case. Since the topic is Misty's learning disabilities, I will say this. She doesn't have this condition to the point where it would stand in her way if given the chance. So, I'm not sure what you mean about what you've learned differently that would sway you completely to the "innocent" side.

You stated: "The treatment of Misty is frightening. It's already crossed the line into being criminal. If something happens to her, I will never follow another crime case." That is a contingency. IF something happens to her, I will never follow another crime case. This case is what it is. If you want the truth, you have to be willing to accept that she may be guilty.

When I came back, I had a total open mind, and started from scratch. I am where I am due to looking at everything, every possibility. Not tunnel vision, or being told what to think. I explored and expanded the possible suspect list beyond Misty and Ron.

Just as we all have, you formed your own opinion, but most of us have not formed any steadfast opinion either way - yet. All most of us do is try to sleuth out the questions, the most important being "Where's Haleigh". This is a very emotional case because it involves the disappearance of yet.......another child but please don't take my post to mean that I was telling you either way what to believe. If you believe that Misty is completely innocent, I honestly hope you are right and SODDI as she is so young and has not seen much of what life has to offer. I must add also that I have serious doubts though as to what she actually does know.

We only have a few absolutes in this life. And this case will never be an absolute. We don't even have absolute light or dark. cold or hot. Right or wrong. We do have an absolute Good God.

Amen to that.

My notes in red.

I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread yet so I don't know if anyone has mentioned some of the opinions that I am about to mention.
First and foremost, yes I think she has a lower mental capacity. I don't know if it's because she has learning disabilities as I haven't spent time deciphering her actions and words in that manner. And honestly I don't see that it plays any part in honesty.
I have learning disabilities. I have ADHD that went undiagnosed until college, I have OCD (which is completely contradictory to my ADHD... on one hand I cannot finish what I start, on the other hand everything has to be in order and perfect. What a MESS). My husband has dislexia, though he is incredibly brilliant, graduated at the top of his class from West Point. He never had to have help in anything, heck he never had to study!!
I have done a lot of research on learning disabilities, I have worked a lot within my childrens schools to help other kids with these issues.
There are many learning disabilities, and honestly I prefer to call them learning challenges as they IN NO WAY disable a person but challenge them to find a way to learn differently, but I think what plays a bigger part in who she is right now is her drug usage. Even recreational drug use can make goat cheese out of one's brain. It's bound to deminish one's mental capacity. Top that off with, as is my opinion, being exposed to drug use before birth.... you've got a problem.

ETA a child learns what they live. Misty didn't have the innocent childhood that I had. I can see that by all of the incarcerations surrounding her. She learned dishonesty at a very young age. I don't think much value was put on education, as she didn't seem to have a lot of positive iinfluences around her. She didn't seem to have that adult in her life that would say "Misty you can do anything you want with your life. You can be a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, a scientist" etc etc. She didn't have someone (preferrably a male father figure) saying "Misty I'm so glad God gave you to me". She didn't have that, of that, I'm sure. A child that doesn't have values (honesty) from a young age doesn't suddenly grow them. IMO

Whose to say Ron was not the Accomplice and it happened before he went to work!

I highly suspect he is the person reponsible and his mother and his grandmother were called in almost immediately to help save his rear.....I also highly suspect if MC was not at the MH that night she was with the Cummings Clan rehearsing a story and being advised on how to stage the setting for an abduction theory........JMO

staying on topic, armywife, I appreciate your input. I believe we may even have some disorders, disabilities not named yet. The problem with diagnosing it in very young children, is the discovery processes. It's tough, for sometimes like in my case you begin to notice things before their even walking or talking.

Then as they grow and develop, it's a constant process of re-evaluating that person like every 3 months, 6 months and up. I have seen with the proper care, diagnosis and goals set in ones life, they can mature and grow into full functioning adults that are honest and productive. Live normal lives.

If un-treated, we can only imagine. And we have those never treated. I will always remember a strangers testimony in a Mcdonalds years ago. She was 54 years old. Family poor. She finally received eye glasses at the age of 40. When she said, "I didn't ever know I couldn't see, why I couldn't read the chalkboard at school". She said, "I never will know the possibilities I could have achieved". My heart had the heaviest feeling, like a cannonball.

It gave me inspiration to make sure I did everything within my power to help my own family member discover and get proper help. It paid off so big too.

So exactly how does a LD contraindicate that Misty is lying, has lied, continues to lie and protect the lies that other people are telling in order to lie about what they lied about? Seems to me it takes a pretty complex thought pattern to attempt to keep the lies straight....even if she doesn't quite get it. I could assign her age as the reason for that.

My son was diagnosed with Autism at age 2. He regressed from being fine up until he was around 18mths and at that time became non verbal.
With a huge support system put in to place he has took off. People with Autism have a huge learning disability as they do not learn like your typical child, my son is a visual learner. He is now 9 years old in the 4th grade, verbal still has issues with the social realm of things and probally always will, he has an IQ of over 130 and that is just what we could get out of him for the day ! Most people who are around my son for any period of time would be able to see he has a disability.

My point here is that my son who has a huge disadvantage due to his LD still knows right from wrong. He knows how and does manipulate, in order to get what he wants and knows it is wrong when called on it.

Imo Misty may be slower then most people on the education level. I hear it when she speaks and I feel that alot of her problem is how she words things.
Misty is highly street smart though and that does give her an advantage that alot of people don't have.
Misty imo knows right from wrong and I'm sure knows very well how to manipulate and lie to get what she needs, I do not believe if she has a LD that this is playing any part in knowing the truth of what she was doing that night and where she was when Haleigh disappeared.

Don't know if I made any sense at all here as my kids have interupted me like 6 times now...

A sudden fit of rage needs no motive and does not take into account how good the lives are overall.

They may have been newly matched up, but in that time period, there were calls made to DCF or 911 or something that officers went out to the trailer before Haleigh went missing- so not everything was roses and kittens- And going by true statistics, when children go missing, its more often a parent that did something than a random perp-

Thanks Mal (omg I was beginning to wonder if this was the same case I've been studying for eight months! :waitasec:) As if everything was healthy, stable, cute little couple, perky new stepnanny "w two cats in the yard," an otherwise idyllic portrait, til Haleigh pops up missing. We've heard enough of the sordid details in days leading up to disappearance, learned enough of criminal histories and unsavory associates, and witnessed enough of the high drama, drugs and dynamics of the families to know better. Newsflash: not everyone reports how well Misty treated the children. We've seen the same "insurmountable roadblocks," ie red herrings, raised time and again. The latest of which is Misty's "developmental delay" (even tho age equivalent 12 can be accurately administered a poly); alleged LD's (tho even if true, has no bearing whatsoever on ability to distinguish fact from fiction, right from wrong, truth from lies); "lack of motive" in this "very very very fine" life (thank you donjeta, as tho it necessarily was premeditated and couldn't have possibly been rage, endangerment, accident etc); no car (as if there were no vehicles in Satsuma which could have possibly been used lol); and MC's phone turned off (hmm... wonder why...), etc etc. It's time for a reality check.

Roses and kittens... :confused: I think NOT. This was a high risk "perfect storm," a disaster waiting to happen. JMO

:parrot:

Nor for an accident, be it due to negligence or criminal activity or connections.

So exactly how does a LD contraindicate that Misty is lying, has lied, continues to lie and protect the lies that other people are telling in order to lie about what they lied about? Seems to me it takes a pretty complex thought pattern to attempt to keep the lies straight....even if she doesn't quite get it. I could assign her age as the reason for that.
Exactly. I can see evidence supporting the idea that she has LDs, but focusing on them misses the point, IMO. LDs don't make people withhold the truth or lie, and LE is well-practiced in dealing with people who have cognitive deficits of all sorts.

My son was diagnosed with Autism at age 2. He regressed from being fine up until he was around 18mths and at that time became non verbal.
With a huge support system put in to place he has took off. People with Autism have a huge learning disability as they do not learn like your typical child, my son is a visual learner. He is now 9 years old in the 4th grade, verbal still has issues with the social realm of things and probally always will, he has an IQ of over 130 and that is just what we could get out of him for the day ! Most people who are around my son for any period of time would be able to see he has a disability.

My point here is that my son who has a huge disadvantage due to his LD still knows right from wrong. He knows how and does manipulate, in order to get what he wants and knows it is wrong when called on it.

Imo Misty may be slower then most people on the education level. I hear it when she speaks and I feel that alot of her problem is how she words things.
Misty is highly street smart though and that does give her an advantage that alot of people don't have.
Misty imo knows right from wrong and I'm sure knows very well how to manipulate and lie to get what she needs, I do not believe if she has a LD that this is playing any part in knowing the truth of what she was doing that night and where she was when Haleigh disappeared.

Don't know if I made any sense at all here as my kids have interupted me like 6 times now...
LOL I can so relate to that last part. :crazy:

But you made perfect sense, IMO! ITA, and your son's story is wonderful. I have one who's similar, and it bugs me to see these kids' moral and cognitive abilities misrepresented.

I think RC has more of a learning disability than Misty...LOL

I really don't think Misty had much of a chance growing up. Her parents let her live with an elderly grandma and lets face it she was probably good to the child but not edcuated herself, she wasen't a good teacher. And her parents were for sure a lost cause. I'm sure she was shuffled back and forth quite a bit and there was no one that really cared about her. But I don't hold up for her because I believe she knows right from wrong and I believe she knows what happened to Haleigh. She is very street smart IMO and @ this point in her life thats the only smarts she has and uses it to her advantage.

I have learning disabilities. I have ADHD that went undiagnosed until college, I have OCD (which is completely contradictory to my ADHD... on one hand I cannot finish what I start, on the other hand everything has to be in order and perfect. What a MESS).

A wee bit OT, my (now 21-year old) son had the same problem ... talk about a challenge for all!

Armywife and wadahoot, Listen, ADD, ADHD is a gift. I know exactly how ya'll feel, but to understand it is to rally to its call. God Bless!

wadahoot, we should compare notes, its funny now, but oh so serious when it was happening.

I really don't think Misty had much of a chance growing up. Her parents let her live with an elderly grandma and lets face it she was probably good to the child but not edcuated herself, she wasen't a good teacher. And her parents were for sure a lost cause. I'm sure she was shuffled back and forth quite a bit and there was no one that really cared about her. But I don't hold up for her because I believe she knows right from wrong and I believe she knows what happened to Haleigh. She is very street smart IMO and @ this point in her life thats the only smarts she has and uses it to her advantage.

Seriously though, how old could Mistys grandma really be, her Mom is only 40, if she was a young Mom she could be in her late 50's, I dont consider that elderly- and on top of that, Mistys grandma is her mothers mom, she raised a person who is a drug addict and steals from other people, I dont ever see grandma being a big help to Misty no matter what- jmo

Whisp, have you noticed his gait when he walks? I would say you are on the mark, not that it matters, but theres something there.
I didn't know LD could be diagnosed by someone's gait.

Armywife and wadahoot, Listen, ADD, ADHD is a gift. I know exactly how ya'll feel, but to understand it is to rally to its call. God Bless!

wadahoot, we should compare notes, its funny now, but oh so serious when it was happening.
My 15 yr old nephew has both ADD and ADHD and trust me it is NO gift.

My 15 yr old nephew has both ADD and ADHD and trust me it is NO gift.

No sicknesses, diseases or developmental physical issues is a gift, if so who gave them? The gift is the life, the loved one, the person we have in our lives that we must learn to tolerate, love and grow with them as we help them have as good a life as possible like the rest of us that are in pursuit of happiness. We know who gives the gift of life, the beautiful Mothers and Majestic God who says, "Always choose life".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back