Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is also where I'm stuck. He appears to have a lack of concern in hiding his crime (he and daughter are missing with dad's truck) - yet he submerges her under water and debris. Why bother concealing if you're planning to take your life?

That's why I'm curious as to any alcohol or substance usage. And maybe there's not - his actions were depraved regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He never seriously planned to take his own life. Far too much of a pathetic coward to be able to do that. Shades of Jodi , convicted killer....

This is also where I'm stuck. He appears to have a lack of concern in hiding his crime (he and daughter are missing with dad's truck) - yet he submerges her under water and debris. Why bother concealing if you're planning to take your life?

That's why I'm curious as to any alcohol or substance usage. And maybe there's not - his actions were depraved regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was the case a few days ago where that college kid in Florida ingested some kind of drug and ate on some people.

It 's not that I don't think he could be a sex perv , but the whole thing is so bizarre compared to what criminals do. Generally,they try not to get caught. Maybe he is not the brightest bulb? Just does not make sense

I forgot. He called his dad about using the cabin. So he wasn't crazy on drugs. I don't get it

I wish they would correct the story to say the mom put her to bed at 8pm, and checked on her at 2am. (I don't know if that was with a baby camera, or peeking in the room.). Anyways, I appreciate being able to find out was said on the scanners here. I'm so heartbroken right now. My family had to cheer me up.
I actually got my brother to prevent my nephew from watching the Olympics this afternoon/evening. I told my brother that I felt she was going to be found dead and I didn't want him to see that. He is seven. He is really into the Olympics. I was scared about breaking news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't really matter what time that poor little girl went to bed! There are PLENTY of perfectly acceptable reasons why kids stay up late sometimes, (especially in the summer.).
A late bedtime does not make you a horrible, terrible, evil parent. But there are plenty of "Perfect", "my child is always in bed at a *decent hour*", parents who will pass judgment.

That gets old.

As far as I am concerned, it's nobody's business:
What I feed my child...
What her "bedtime" is...
What clothes she wears ect...

She is loved and cherished, healthy, happy and very well protected and cared for.

There will always be those who love to pass judgement, but it's more of a sad reflection on their own character imo.

I think those musings were from prior to the SA charge being released.

"Violent homicide" doesn't indicate, to me, that he accidently squished her or anything like that. Seems much, much more nefarious.

Also, I'd be very surprised if this was a case of him accidently killing her out of anger in the house because she was keeping him up or something. Again, seems like something far more nefarious.

Most if not all segregate but oh they do meet other inmates.

I believe Minnesota is a state that segregates sex criminals from others. He may never meet anither type of inmate.

None of routine in the home sounds wonky. Mom came home with the kids after the game. Guys went out to a bar with teammates. Alayna fell asleep on the couch. Mom moved her to her bed when Dad got home. They never suspected their friend was a homicidal pedophile!!! Just goes to prove in this day and age, trust no one regarding your children.

Any information on when she was killed?

What county will try him?

Well, we wouldn't want to make prison even more unsafe for CO's than it already is.

If convicted, he will be completely protected from other inmates - and your tax dollars will be going to provide that extra layer of protection.

I am wondering if they do like CA and label the most dangerous ones as high risk and commit them civilly for a period AFTER their time.

As an attorney in MN (haven't tried to get verified yet so take with grain of salt) I really dont think all sex offenders are in ad seg by default or cloistered away from other prisoners in state correctional facilities (prisons). Of course they may tend to end up in certain MN prisons (for instance, Oak Park Heights) that harbor the more long time serious offenders including those doing life sentences for murder. But kept in their own wings for their own safety... No not necessarily.

I live in Lino Lakes and have done job shadowing at the prison - also interviewing guards and yes Lino Lakes prison does have a specific sex offender program. My guess is he will end up there & as far as I know those offenders are all kept together.

I live in Lino Lakes and have done job shadowing at the prison - also interviewing guards and yes Lino Lakes prison does have a specific sex offender program. My guess is he will end up there & as far as I know those offenders are all kept together.

Since it's a medium security prison, do they also house murderers there?

I am wondering if they do like CA and label the most dangerous ones as high risk and commit them civilly for a period AFTER their time.
Wasn't there a change in MN law after Dru's murder and there are facilities to warehouse individuals that can't be released like Alfonso should not have been?
I remember people getting upset with the past governor because the places had flat screen TVs.
I didn't care. I would rather have dangerous people like that, and many who were pedophiles, be committed past their prison sentences and watch TV rather than outside and out hunting for their next victim!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a change in MN law after Dru's murder and there are facilities to warehouse individuals that can't be released like Alfonso should not have been?
I remember people getting upset with the past governor because the places had flat screen TVs.
I didn't care. I would rather have dangerous people like that, and many who were pedophiles, be committed past their prison sentences and watch TV rather than outside and out hunting for their next victim!

It is the civilly committed facility in Moose Lake. The "patients" got attorneys paid for by the taxpayers to say that the facility violates their civil rights. THEY WON! No one had ever been released from Moose Lake. Now there have been maybe four? I have not heard how that is working.

The perps are deemed too dangerous to release back to society after they serve their prison term so they are placed in Moose Lake for treatment. They are considered to be patients. There are articles online about the crimes some of these "patients" committed. They are beyond horrendous. Sex with infants and four year olds. Multiple rapes.,

The cost of Moose Lake is not sustainable. I forget now but maybe I can find it. I don't know what can be done. Releasing them is not the answer, to me.

None of routine in the home sounds wonky. Mom came home with the kids after the game. Guys went out to a bar with teammates. Alayna fell asleep on the couch. Mom moved her to her bed when Dad got home. They never suspected their friend was a homicidal pedophile!!! Just goes to prove in this day and age, trust no one regarding your children.
There is an even more detailed timeline out there. Zac showed up at the house after the dad arrived home, like 30-60 minutes later. The dad stayed up until 4am, maybe like an hour with him, and then went to bed.
I don't think anyone should blame the parents.
I've read reports that Zac had just moved to a suburb of the Twin Cities, Coon Rapids. That means he would have had a long drive, and if he was drunk, and with his terrible driving record, Zac could have easily convinced his coworker/teammate to let him sleep on the couch.
In the normal world, that has good people, some may argue the coworker/teammate has a duty to make sure an acquaintance who is drunk, does not get on the road. This family either owns a bar or is related to the bar owner (family owned bar), which I have read in many places. So I can't help but wonder if the family might be liable to make sure that Zac didn't drive home drunk if he just showed up on their doorstep.
I feel so much compassion for this family. I wish this nightmare would end.

:welcome:

It is the civilly committed facility in Moose Lake. The "patients" got attorneys paid for by the taxpayers to say that the facility violates their civil rights. THEY WON! No one had ever been released from Moose Lake. Now there have been maybe four? I have not heard how that is working.

The perps are deemed too dangerous to release back to society after they serve their prison term so they are placed in Moose Lake for treatment. They are considered to be patients. There are articles online about the crimes some of these "patients" committed. They are beyond horrendous. Sex with infants and four year olds. Multiple rapes.,

The cost of Moose Lake is not sustainable. I forget now but maybe I can find it. I don't know what can be done. Releasing them is not the answer, to me.
Of course they did and of course we are paying for their lawyers. Sigh....
I bet the Lino Lakes person will join them one day.

There is an even more detailed timeline out there. Zac showed up at the house after the dad arrived home, like 30-60 minutes later. The dad stayed up until 4am, maybe like an hour with him, and then went to bed.
I don't think anyone should blame the parents.
I've read reports that Zac had just moved to a suburb of the Twin Cities, Coon Rapids. That means he would have had a long drive, and if he was drunk, and with his terrible driving record, Zac could have easily convinced his coworker/teammate to let him sleep on the couch.
In the normal world, that has good people, some may argue the coworker/teammate has a duty to make sure an acquaintance who is drunk, does not get on the road. This family either owns a bar or is related to the bar owner (family owned bar), which I have read in many places. So I can't help but wonder if the family might be liable to make sure that Zac didn't drive home drunk if he just showed up on their doorstep.
I feel so much compassion for this family. I wish this nightmare would end.

He had spent other nights there apparently. An article said that the family knew him for two years. Dad worked with him.

From gleaning only on FB which many call Fake Book, he appears to be somewhat normal. Playing golf, playing softball, really into helping with breast cancer. Someone on here pointed out that he was not dating. That could be a red flag, but he may not be that attractive to women. He may try and be rejected. Of course, now we know he did not prefer adult women. But looking before as a friend, he does not stand out as a perv. What we picture as the loner type.

What I mean by that is the type that will kill. There are plenty that groom kids such as Jared the Subway guy and priests. But they not the ones that kill, I guess. The ones that kill seem to be the loner type. The ones that don't hold a job for long.

I hope more comes out about this guy to add to the documentation of the type that does this. Red flags to watch for.

It doesn't really matter what time that poor little girl went to bed! There are PLENTY of perfectly acceptable reasons why kids stay up late sometimes, (especially in the summer.).
A late bedtime does not make you a horrible, terrible, evil parent. But there are plenty of "Perfect", "my child is always in bed at a *decent hour*", parents who will pass judgment.

That gets old.

As far as I am concerned, it's nobody's business:
What I feed my child...
What her "bedtime" is...
What clothes she wears ect...

She is loved and cherished, healthy, happy and very well protected and cared for.

There will always be those who love to pass judgement, but it's more of a sad reflection on their own character imo.
I agree with you!!! I think my previous comment got lost with this.
Just to give you a little context, there are half dozen to a dozen trolls who are posting vile comments on the news articles locally, on the news sites and on Facebook. Then there are just regular people who are saying bad things about the mother.
The trolls and these harsh people are responding to ACTUAL family members and friends and neighbors.
While I don't think the trolls can be stopped, I thought maybe it could help a little by releasing a little more information about what happened.

Myself and others were trying to help by saying that it didn't matter what time the girl went to bed, and things like that, but that didn't stop some people.

I have noticed that it has helped some that it has been released that the girl fell asleep on a couch and she was moved to her bed.

I'm sorry if it appeared that I was one of the people who was among this group of people who was attacking the family and friends. Right now, I am trying to do whatever I can to protect them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143
Back