Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He had spent other nights there apparently. An article said that the family knew him for two years. Dad worked with him.

From gleaning only on FB which many call Fake Book, he appears to be somewhat normal. Playing golf, playing softball, really into helping with breast cancer. Someone on here pointed out that he was not dating. That could be a red flag, but he may not be that attractive to women. He may try and be rejected. Of course, now we know he did not prefer adult women. But looking before as a friend, he does not stand out as a perv. What we picture as the loner type.

What I mean by that is the type that will kill. There are plenty that groom kids such as Jared the Subway guy and priests. But they not the ones that kill, I guess. The ones that kill seem to be the loner type. The ones that don't hold a job for long.

I hope more comes out about this guy to add to the documentation of the type that does this. Red flags to watch for.
I went to look for his Facebook right away. There is a photo with him with a girl that creeps me out.

His mug shot seems really off. Doesn't it appear that he has aged like crazy? I wonder if there were drugs recently. His most recent court issue with traffic charges was the end of July.

Maybe he snapped in the last month or so. I really hope so. I hope there aren't additional victims.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He had access to a beautiful place like this? I'm dumbfounded. How difficult could his life have been that he had to take everything from a little girl? I will never understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look up his public record in MN, his mother paid the fines for a number of his tickets in the beginning.
He also would forget to pay them and his license would be suspended. I think he forgot about his insurance too.
It's all basically speeding and not stopping at stop lights/signs. He has two tickets in ND too.
It says to me that he has impulse control issues, but I am no expert.
The news said he committed a burglary at 17, but that won't show up on his public record.

If you look up his public record in MN, his mother paid the fines for a number of his tickets in the beginning.
He also would forget to pay them and his license would be suspended. I think he forgot about his insurance too.
It's all basically speeding and not stopping at stop lights/signs. He has two tickets in ND too.
It says to me that he has impulse control issues, but I am no expert.
The news said he committed a burglary at 17, but that won't show up on his public record.

Interesting.

It seems as though he wasn't capable of managing the everyday requirements of adult life...and he crashed out.

I've seen this with other perps - there is something about a male in particular when he's been sliding by in life but when faced with real adult life, can't hack it - and he commits a horrendous crime. I do NOT think it is conscious to commit the crime - but an unconscious self-loathing and desperation that becomes so stressful they can't control it.

This is no excuse, by the way! This is no excuse, I repeat. Plenty, plenty, plenty of immature or unprepared young adults manage to figure it out, making mistakes for sure, but without raping and killing their friends' family.

He had everything going for him - looks like a nice family with material comforts, a job, friends.....but yet couldn't manage to pay his traffic tickets when the only person to benefit from paying the tickets was himself. He was weak.

This reminds me so much of the Jenise Wright case, thought ZA is older than GG. Same sort of person, imo.

jmopinion

Interesting.

It seems as though he wasn't capable of managing the everyday requirements of adult life...and he crashed out.

I've seen this with other perps - there is something about a male in particular when he's been sliding by in life but when faced with real adult life, can't hack it - and he commits a horrendous crime. I do NOT think it is conscious to commit the crime - but an unconscious self-loathing and desperation that becomes so stressful they can't control it.

This is no excuse, by the way! This is no excuse, I repeat. Plenty, plenty, plenty of immature or unprepared young adults manage to figure it out, making mistakes for sure, but without raping and killing their friends' family.

He had everything going for him - looks like a nice family with material comforts, a job, friends.....but yet couldn't manage to pay his traffic tickets when the only person to benefit from paying the tickets was himself. He was weak.

This reminds me so much of the Jenise Wright case, thought ZA is older than GG. Same sort of person, imo.

jmopinion

Reminds me of the guy that killed Somer Thompson However, the killer of Somer had a bizarre upbringing. And he had child *advertiser censored* as a young teen.

Seems like the guy that killed Alanna as well.

I can say from dealing with my ex husband that some people can go a long time, years or a whole adult lifetime behaving very poorly, being violent abusive people and committing actual crimes. These same said people can go to court and plea down charges for a whole variety of reasons.

After having many years of dealings with my ex where he continually kept getting away with really unbelievable behavior, always just under the radar, always JUST to that line in the sand; m y lawyer told me to my face bluntly; "It's not illegal to be an @$$hole."

We have a court system where I live that loves to hand out 'no same or similar in one year' and the charges are DROPPED and do NOT remain on the person's record. Serious things like domestic violence and violating restraining orders.

Someone's public criminal record often does not give an accurate picture of the true scum sucking parasite they are in 'real life'. My guess is that is the case here with this individual.

Some people, (and that's what I'm thinking with this dude) have developed an identity that helps them HIDE who they really are. They develop the dumble dorf, innocent pudge identity, who me? I'm not responsible for my own traffic tickets. Who me? I cannot manage to pay my car insurance. I'm just an innocent pudge, fat boy with a stupid look on my face.

All the while underneath that they are far smarter than they put on.

We can sit and review the data, wonder and scratch our heads but because we are not homicidal sexual child predators; we all will NEVER understand what went through this sick b@a$!ard's brain when he did this. There is simply no explanation for it, no understanding it, no justification for it can ever be found.

This guy worked with the dad, went and played softball with the dad, sat up and talked with the dad up until just mere hours until he stole this man's child from her own house with her pink Disney blanket and then did unspeakable things to her, then took her life. As I sit here typing this it's beyond my comprehension that there are human beings living among us who do this.

I do wonder what makes these people. We need to try to stop them before they are formed.

I cannot get over the fact that the monster sat there talking to his friend and then took the child. Was he plotting on it the whole time he was talking with the father? Mind boggling.

Like IB says, he must have been hiding his real self.

(And the fact that he didn't actually follow through with his attempt at suicide tells me volumes about the inner tickings of his little pea brain)...still justifying, still explaining away, still hoping to get away with it. "What girl?" <-------------Seriously.

Interesting.

jmopinion

In my opinion, I think he likely had "urges" and whatnot for many many years and maybe suppressed them until now. I think you have to really WANT to do what he did in order to do it. I don't think it had anything to do with not being able to hack it at adult life. I think he had sick sexual urges. He acted on them. It was only a matter of time. I won't be surprised if we hear he had lots of illegal *advertiser censored* on his computer/phone/etc.

In my opinion, I think he likely had "urges" and whatnot for many many years and maybe suppressed them until now. I think you have to really WANT to do what he did in order to do it. I don't think it had anything to do with not being able to hack it at adult life. I think he had sick sexual urges. He acted on them. It was only a matter of time. I won't be surprised if we hear he had lots of illegal *advertiser censored* on his computer/phone/etc.

I agree that he probably has struggled with this urges for a long time....probably since puberty. I'll be shocked if drugs were not also involved, or at least a large amount of alcohol.

Yes, of course. He had to have the desire for little girls. I don't doubt that.

But I do think he was pressured at that age to "grow up," even if no one was specifically saying that. He could not "perform" as an adult, in more ways than one.

People are complicated. There usually isn't ONE trigger, but multiple things that come together and burst.

The fact that he did everything possible to be caught speaks volumes to me. He never has to make an adult decision for the rest of his life. He solved the problem of not being able to grow up - the prison will take care of him.

But, yes, absolutely, he had a sick desire for little girls that was there regardless of anything else.

jmo

I do wonder what makes these people. We need to try to stop them before they are formed.

I cannot get over the fact that the monster sat there talking to his friend and then took the child. Was he plotting on it the whole time he was talking with the father? Mind boggling.

Like IB says, he must have been hiding his real self.

My guess is little one came down from upstairs in the wee hours and fat boy was there on the couch. Everyone else was sound asleep. The fact that he was still awake after playing softball in his rotund shape, in the summer heat, drinking until 2-3 in the morning and still awake enough to sit and visit? Sounds like meth to me. The average person would have been sound asleep.

As far as stopping these people before they are formed, (I hesitate to state 'men' because remember Sandra Renee Cantu; killed by a woman), my opinion is there is not a way to do this as of yet. I don't think we have the medical or psychological tools needed to stop their formation.

But what we do have is the ability to PREVENT it. All of these people that do these things share one common trait and that is they are predators. It's as simple as that. Letting your 5 year old go out and explore the block alone because she 'should' be able to is the wrong mindset. We need to wake up as a society and understand the inner workings of a predator.

Do not let your child be alone with people. PERIOD. If some friend of yours or neighbor or relative is telling you to let them take your child and you resist and then they make you feel foolish about it or pressure you to do it anyway STAY AWAY FROM THAT PERSON. Particularly a man. Any man that insists on watching the kids so you can have a little 'me time', insists on taking the kids camping, to the park, away from you, this person needs to be blocked from those activities.

Any person that likes to 'connect' with your kids and play on the floor, tickle fests, touching, tickling, wrestling that type of thing they need to be watched and never left alone with your children.

The INSTANT you have that little, tiny, distant thought go through your brain, "Oh he would never do that" is the time you need to act.

People who constantly like to broach that intimate fine line are the most dangerous of all and I'm here to tell you it's your relatives that are on the front line of all of this.

Sitting at your Thanksgiving table are probably some of the most dangerous, vile creatures you will ever have to encounter and that right there is the sad fact. ESPECIALLY the ones that continually are trying to ingratiate themselves. "Oh let her call me Uncle I like it." "Are you daddy's little girl? Are you a daddy's girl? Come see what Uncle has for you in his coat pocket."

I've lived it. It has to stop. It stops by saying no.

Never be afraid to offend someone for the sake of your child's safety. You owe it to your child.

If your child continually avoids a relative or friend or neighbor of yours STOP pushing that child to go over and give that person a hug or sit on their lap. The child is acting on instinct.

My guess is little one came down from upstairs in the wee hours and fat boy was there on the couch. Everyone else was sound asleep. The fact that he was still awake after playing softball in his rotund shape, in the summer heat, drinking until 2-3 in the morning and still awake enough to sit and visit? Sounds like meth to me. The average person would have been sound asleep.

As far as stopping these people before they are formed, (I hesitate to state 'men' because remember Sandra Renee Cantu; killed by a woman), my opinion is there is not a way to do this as of yet. I don't think we have the medical or psychological tools needed to stop their formation.

But what we do have is the ability to PREVENT it. All of these people that do these things share one common trait and that is they are predators. It's as simple as that. Letting your 5 year old go out and explore the block alone because she 'should' be able to is the wrong mindset. We need to wake up as a society and understand the inner workings of a predator.

Do not let your child be alone with people. PERIOD. If some friend of yours or neighbor or relative is telling you to let them take your child and you resist and then they make you feel foolish about it or pressure you to do it anyway STAY AWAY FROM THAT PERSON. Particularly a man. Any man that insists on watching the kids so you can have a little 'me time', insists on taking the kids camping, to the park, away from you, this person needs to be blocked from those activities.

Any person that likes to 'connect' with your kids and play on the floor, tickle fests, touching, tickling, wrestling that type of thing they need to be watched and never left alone with your children.

The INSTANT you have that little, tiny, distant thought go through your brain, "Oh he would never do that" is the time you need to act.

People who constantly like to broach that intimate fine line are the most dangerous of all and I'm here to tell you it's your relatives that are on the front line of all of this.

Sitting at your Thanksgiving table are probably some of the most dangerous, vile creatures you will ever have to encounter and that right there is the sad fact. ESPECIALLY the ones that continually are trying to ingratiate themselves. "Oh let her call me Uncle I like it." "Are you daddy's little girl? Are you a daddy's girl? Come see what Uncle has for you in his coat pocket."

I've lived it. It has to stop. It stops by saying no.

Wise words.

The news also said Zac has three assaults. I should add that.

he's staying in the home, kidnaps the child.... Knows he's going to get caught, does it anyway. These pedofiles have uncontrollable urges and will take insane risks even facing the dp, which i pray god he gets. I just can't understand it. I hate these guys.

Sweet little angel... Rip

dont think mn has dp.

Here is an article that discuss those three "assaults". This article uses different wording, but I think you have gotten out of hand if the police are called.
http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/ertl-abduction-suspects-relationship-to-family/305295717

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a guess, but it sounds like he might be a "mean drunk." I've known a couple of them. Buffoons when sober (though not necessary dumb) and angry when drunk.

Or, maybe just run-of-the-mill bar fights that happen sometimes.

We really don't know.

I do assume he was drinking after the softball game and probably up until the time he took the child. jmo

"But he had three contacts with Wright County police in which he was accused of fighting or acting belligerent after drinking. No charges were filed in those cases." http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/ertl-abduction-suspects-relationship-to-family/305295717

Edited to add: The "mean drunks" I have known were contrite after a drunken outburst of aggression, usually slinking away.

Any chance we can get a 6'-0 piece of rope into his cell ?

He'll fix what ails him, we won't need to do anything else.

I fail to see the reasoning behind keeping someone like this alive, much less possibly being released some day.

(ETA--- all this talk about bars and mean drunks is making me thirsty...........)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back