MN MN - Albert Lea, I-90, WhtMale 40-55, UP13731, garnet/ruby ring, clothes, coins 1965-1992, Apr'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are correct on the geography. What I'd like to find is photos of the rings he was known to wear. Perhaps, could a willing someone contact the Facebook group linked above and see if someone has any.

Or send the Facebook group admin the photo of this man's ring and see what they think?

I've attempted contact with admin for the Cody Christle fb page with no response. I did also gently send a message to his mom but again have heard nothing. I simply sent a pic of the ring and asked if it looked familiar. I've reached out to the case manager for Cody and will pass the info on as I get it.

The Find Cody FB page seems pretty active. Has anyone requested to join? The UID seems to match pretty well with him; I really hope he goes home soon and this UID gets a name.

Per Damarna's post on Cody's thread, his Mom did not recognize the ring. Not a total ruleout, but a setback nonetheless.

ABC 6 News Investigates: Backlog at the State

Sent from http://www.KAALtv.com/investigative...ensics-albert-lea-freeborn/4078069/?cat=10151)

(ABC 6 News) -- In our latest ABC 6 News Investigation, Freeborn County officials are still waiting for answers after a man's remains were found in a ditch near Albert Lea almost one year ago.

There is a key report that could break the case wide open, but one year later, it still hasn't come.

Per Namus - DNA sample submitted and tests complete. One step forward!

Joshua Bohlen was 5 foot 6 inches. the unidentified body was 66 inches or 5 foot 6 inches.

Probably worth submitting! I've toyed with that match as well. The difference in possible footwear (work boots vs loafers) and the fact both have DNA entered have made me think it's probably not Josh. I know the fact that both have DNA isn't a 100% guarantee it's been compared... I say go for it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joshua and Cody Christle seem the most obvious possible matches. Nobody is shown as excluded, yet.

FYI - I've touched base with Dr. Huston and Kris Rush (contacts for the UID, Josh and Cody) regarding possible matches as well as any rule outs. Will update as I get info!

Per Dr. Huston, Joshua Bohlen has been ruled out but not Cody Christle. He has sent this info to the lab for a comparison!

I had a hunch this unident was James Clemons http://charleyproject.org/case/james-a-clemons
* Clemons last known (apparent) location was Albert Lea, where his credit card was used at a Conoco station, just a few miles from body *that is HUGE*
* vehicle found abandoned off I-90 2.5 hours drive E of Albert Lea. Remains found along I-90 near Albert Lea.Disoriented Clemons maybe hitched to Albert Lea
* litte info on the brand of shoes found with unident, but they were advertised in Ebony mag in Apr '85, which caters to African Americans. Clemons is Afr Am
* the style ring found with unident likely worn not by younger man but by older man. Clemons was in 70's
* I've been to spot where body was found. One of last places one would think to dump a body. I think unident was possibly disoriented, walking I-90, laid down with blanket behind brush along fence line to rest and passed away. Broken bones on one side likely due to mower attachment, as that ditch is mowed.

However,
* someone above states that unident was determined to be Caucasian (how known? - Case Report - NamUs UP # 13731 lists race as 'unsure')
* unident determined 5'6" to 5'9", whereas Clemons was 6' (although at 70+ yrs, may have lost an inch or two)
* Clemons went missing in 2000, well outside the range 2010-2012 that investigators think unidents remains were in place. Are investigators off?
* presumably, a relative of Clemons (or co-worker at trucking firm he was driving for when became disoriented), when shown unident's ring, would have ID'd
* investigators have unident's dental, so presumably have checked unident's dental records back in NJ where he was from, and failed to match

I had a hunch this unident was James Clemons
* Clemons last known (apparent) location was Albert Lea, where his credit card was used at a Conoco station, just a few miles from body *HUGE*
* vehicle found abandoned off I-90. Remains found along I-90 near Albert Lea
* the brand of shoes found with unident were advertised in JET magazine, which caters to African Americans. Clemons is Afr Am
* the style ring found with unident likely worn not by younger man but by older man. Clemons was in 70's

However,
* someone above states that unident was determined to be Caucasian (how known? - Case Report - NamUs UP # 13731 lists race as 'unsure')
* unident determined 5'6" to 5'9", whereas Clemons was 6'

According to this article from April 2017 they are still waiting for a forensic anthropologist's report, which will provide more insight into the person's ethnicity. The medical examiner's report puts him between 5'6" and 5'9" tall. His age is estimated from teens to in his 50's.

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/freeborn-county-skeletal-remains-case/3934550/

Here is what NamUs states for Mr. Clemons: " <snip>
Clemons was scheduled to deliver a truck to the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area in June 2000. He became stuck in the mud near Rochester, Minnesota on June 17, 2000 and was helped back onto the road by the police, who gave him directions to Milwaukee. Clemons never arrived at Milwaukee, however. He was last seen walking away from the vehicle near Interstate 90 and Interstate 43 in Beloit, Wisconsin."

I had not really noticed this before. So he was actually last seen in Wisconsin? I'm really thinking it's not him at this point.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8050/15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back