GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced the step-mother is totally innocent. Where was she when Barway came home from school? Did she not know PC left about that time?

Here's what I'm thinking - she was home with the two young kids. Just when Barway was expected home, PC leaves the apartment at 4:25. She really has no reason to worry at that point since, I would guess, she assumes PC will run into Barway outside. After awhile, she might start to wonder, but PC turned off his phone (or put it on airline mode) from 4:42-5:41. I don't know if she tried calling PC during that time period, but she wouldn't have been able to reach him anyway. What could she do, at home with two little ones, other than wait for PC and Barway to come home?

At 5:41, PC called home and his wife tells him that Barway never arrived home from school.

I tend to think she didn't know anything. After all, she thought PC was going to work that day when in reality he was in court and driving down to the river.

JMO.

Why do you think Barway stated he saw his father? Could it be possible PC left his phone upstairs? Told the child to wait here (near the car) and ran back to get it? I may be missing something.

Why do you think Barway stated he saw his father? Could it be possible PC left his phone upstairs? Told the child to wait here (near the car) and ran back to get it? I may be missing something.

PC's Jetta was parked in the lot when Barway was dropped off. PC was in the Jetta. 9 minutes later PC drove out of lot and north on hwy whatever. Neighbor saw Barway get into car with PC.

How in the world do they know 'the only reason to go to the river would be to fish'? And how in the world would the police know he didn't have any fishing gear - does that mean there's a river park live camera and the police can see him leave his car earlier in the day?

What about 'present' wife - anybody think she could be in on this ??? I am feeling mighty suspicious -- this imo -- due to how very gabby and defensive of Pierre she was in those early 'in home' press conferences ! The Wife 'vouched' for Pierre's whereabouts the whole time, did she not??? Also, now I feel suspicious - this is imo -- about when Wife screamed out 'Allah' at that prayer service -- that prayer service was where she and Pierre were given $1,200 cold cash ! omgosh

Also, IT IS SO INCREDIBLY DAMNING that Pierre has no job, and Wife no job, AND HE'S PAYING FOR A $30,000 LIFE INSURANCE PREMIUM ON A HEALTHY 10 Y OLD BOY !! OMGosh, I am guessing the insurance company has Pierre on tape asking to buy even more life insurance on Barway, the two days prior to the murder, I believe Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said. WOW - just so shocked !

I do not think the step mother has been named a suspect and is a victim at this point.

PC's Jetta was parked in the lot when Barway was dropped off. PC was in the Jetta. 9 minutes later PC drove out of lot and north on hwy whatever. Neighbor saw Barway get into car with PC.
The timeline offered by the Probable cause statement indicates PC was not outside when Barway arrived home. Thats what is confusing me.

Sorry I've been a serial poster on this thread! The case has captured me.

I think Barway saw the Jetta when the bus pulled up and didn't actually see his dad. The Statement says the Jetta was parked in front, and it wasn't normally in that spot. So I think Barway just saw the car at first.

Barway interacted with others outdoors before his dad appeared, and I would think they would have mentioned if PC was in the car or nearby.

The whole "uncle" thing does throw me off. I don't know the significance of that comment at all.

JMO.

I think Barway saw the Jetta when the bus pulled up and didn't actually see his dad. The Statement says the Jetta was parked in front, and it wasn't normally in that spot. So I think Barway just saw the car at first.

Barway interacted with others outdoors before his dad appeared, and I would think they would have mentioned if PC was in the car or nearby.

The whole "uncle" thing does throw me off. I don't know the significance of that comment at all.

JMO.
Your info and clarifications have really helped my tired brain!! Post on!!

I agree that Barway thought he saw dad - the Jetta was in an unfamiliar spot and maybe caught his attention IMO.

The timeline offered by the Probable cause statement indicates PC was not outside when Barway arrived home. Thats what is confusing me.

Barway got off the bus at 417pm. Stepmother says that PC suddenly left the apartment 'around 415pm'. I think he either saw the bus, or knew when it was due.

Barway spent 6 to 7 minutes in the carpark. So until 423/4pm. Why? Did 'uncle' tell him to wait for his dad?

At 425pm PC is known (via phone info) to be in the carpark.

There must be cctv of PC leaving the building. I wonder if it shows him with Barway.

Yeah heck if I know! Either way PC was lurking about. With all the video they say they have - how can they not have an idea who Barway was referencing as uncle.

JMO.

From probable cause doc: At*6:27*pm,*the*defendant*called*911*from*his*cell*phone*at*the*apartment*and*reported*the*victim*missing.
He*told*police*that*after*learning*the*victim*had*not*returned*home,*he*called*the*bus*company*and*the
operator*told*him*the*bus*driver*heard*the*victim*say*his*uncle*was*there*upon*getting*dropped*off.
*He*said
he*knew*of*no*uncle*who*would*be*picking*up*the*victim*and*that*he*had*no*idea*who*he*would*have*been
referring*to.*The*defendant*and*Y.C.*claimed*no*knowledge*of*the*victim’s*whereabouts,*and*the*defendant
said*he*was*not*present*when*the*bus*dropped*off*the*victim.*

I think Pierre set "Uncle" up to take the fall. Maybe he told uncle to be there but did't tell him the full plan. Now he can't come forward without implicating himself. JMO

He probably didn't think Barway would notice his car since he parked it in an unusual spot so Barway would only mention uncle. Pierre underestimated Barway's intelligence and awareness.

603pm - 624pm.

Where is PC during this time?

Is this enough time for him to rush to the river, check that Barway is not visible, and rush back home?
Or did he use this time to dump the backpack?

moo

I just checked the distance/time it would take to make a round trip from the apartment to the river and back. It looks like it would take between 11-13 minutes one way, so that would be 22-26 minutes just for driving the round trip without stopping. I used google maps for the calculation. I would think he would get out of the car or at least stop the car to check the water, if he went to the river.

6:03-6:24 gives him 21 minutes to make the round trip. Possible, I guess.

But it's also possible he went somewhere else. With all the detail on his whereabouts based on his phone, I would think that LE knows. ??

JMO

I just checked the time/distance between the river location (using 53rd and Lyndale) and Cub Foods, Brooklyn Center. It takes 7-8 minutes to make the drive.

He arrived at Cub Foods at 5:17, which means he left the river about 5:09. He arrived at the river at 4:42, according to the Statement of Probable Cause.

That gives him 27 minutes at the MOST down by the river.

The 27 minutes means he left at 5:09, encountered minimal traffic at that time of day, parked, and got on video tape at Cub Foods by 5:17.

JMO.

I don't understand the charge of Murder in the 2nd degree-with intent-not pre-meditated.

I don't understand the charge of Murder in the 2nd degree-with intent-not pre-meditated.

Only the grand jury can bring charges of 1st degree murder. I'm assuming the case will be brought to the grand jury and we'll see the increased charges. (I just learned this today myself.)

I have all kinds of awful things going through my mind. Wouldn't be surprised if he just delivered him to someone else ,for one.

Only the grand jury can bring charges of 1st degree murder. I'm assuming the case will be brought to the grand jury and we'll see the increased charges. (I just learned this today myself.)

THANK YOU!!! Very informative---I had no idea.

THANK YOU!!! Very informative---I had no idea.

I should say that it's the case for Minnesota - the grand jury is the entity to charge 1st degree murder. I don't know if that is true for every state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop