GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That video clip was a bit of a stunner for me. That local old-timer criminal defense attorney even says Mr. Collins has an uphill climb in this case, just with the "2 day prior to the murder buying more life insurance" thing'y.

I am with everybody here who (over last night, for me) posted horror about us being told the cause and manner of death for this little boy, Barway: Oh, dear God, I am scared to learn what happened. Maybe it is quite horrible, since all those police officers, especially Crystal Police Chief Stephanie Revering imo, looked absolutely sickened yesterday at the 2 pm press conference.

There's a pic' of Barway's mom in Liberia, too - very, very pretty young woman - so very sad. My understanding is that money's been raised already and Barway's mom is on her way here for the funeral, which will be absolutely massive, I am sure.

Another thing: Where Mr. Collins (if he did do this) took Barway, well, it's a park that goes sorta 'N-S' along the west bank of the Mississippi River. You have to climb down steep bluff, through leafless shrubs, to get to the river's bank. There are little dirt walking trails all around. The park is just 'off' (on the east side) of I-94, and there is NOWHERE else legally to park in that immediate area than the park parking lot. Little Barway's body was 'collected' in the parking lot, and a memorial service that very night took place in that parking lot, so I presume it's pretty close to the site where Barway's body was found.

It also makes sense that for 25 days, little Barway's duct-taped body was sloshing around in the storm water drainage collection area - just mortifying ! Then, Saturday morning, for some reason, little Barway's body finally sloshed around and made its way out to the murky and somewhat shallow river's edge area.

Also, with the 'speed' in which the crime took place, I do think, if Mr. Collins did do this, he did it entirely on his own. IMO if Mr. Collins had an accomplice with him, it would have slowed everything down.

ALSO, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CRIMINAL COMPLAINT SAYS ABOUT MR. COLLINS SHUTTING OFF HIS PHONE (or putting in to airplane mode) ---- do you think he 'forgot' to do that and then remembered just after the murder? Also, the criminal complaint talks about 'wi fi devices' - does that mean it is ongoing/nonstop gps on Mr. Collins' cell phone that was traced, OR just 'tower pings' whenever Mr. Collins dialed out? Please explain, even post links for study, because I wonder how that all works.... tyia

ALSO, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CRIMINAL COMPLAINT SAYS ABOUT MR. COLLINS SHUTTING OFF HIS PHONE (or putting in to airplane mode) ---- do you think he 'forgot' to do that and then remembered just after the murder? Also, the criminal complaint talks about 'wi fi devices' - does that mean it is ongoing/nonstop gps on Mr. Collins' cell phone that was traced, OR just 'tower pings' whenever Mr. Collins dialed out? Please explain, even post links for study, because I wonder how that all works.... tyia

I think he shut off is phone when he got to the river so that his wife couldn't contact him to tell him Barway never came home.

As soon as he turned the phone back on, he called his wife and she told him about Barway. He can claim he didn't know about his son's disappearance until that phone call.

JMO.

This is the first missing person case I have followed on WS {and wow ~ my heart has slowly been breaking since I started} so please forgive me for any mistakes I make. Like many of you, the awful things that are running through my mind about what may have happened almost makes it hard for me to breath!!! But just one of the things I feel is that PC did NOT act alone. Just ONE of the things that makes me feel this way is..... If he had put that sweet boys body in the drainage pipe I would think his shoes and parts of his pants/clothes would be wet and not the type of wet that could dry within a 15 min drive to the store after. My personal feeling is that PC brought Barway to the river but "uncle" was the one to put him in the pipe while PC rushed to get to the store for an alibi. I am not speaking about who may have ended this sweet boys life, just who I think brought him to the river and who I think hid his body.

Also.... You ladies are an AMAZING group of people with hearts of gold!!! The dedication, compassion and love for the people you spend your own time trying to help is not something anyone can be taught. It's a gift only some are born with! You are all what I consider to be Angels in disguise!!

Immediately after leaving the river that afternoon, PC goes straight to Cub Foods/TCF Bank to check is bank account balance.

This show, in my opinion, his mind was on money.

JMO.

This is the first missing person case I have followed on WS {and wow ~ my heart has slowly been breaking since I started} so please forgive me for any mistakes I make. Like many of you, the awful things that are running through my mind about what may have happened almost makes it hard for me to breath!!! But just one of the things I feel is that PC did NOT act alone. Just ONE of the things that makes me feel this way is..... If he had put that sweet boys body in the drainage pipe I would think his shoes and parts of his pants/clothes would be wet and not the type of wet that could dry within a 15 min drive to the store after. My personal feeling is that PC brought Barway to the river but "uncle" was the one to put him in the pipe while PC rushed to get to the store for an alibi. I am not speaking about who may have ended this sweet boys life, just who I think brought him to the river and who I think hid his body.

Also.... You ladies are an AMAZING group of people with hearts of gold!!! The dedication, compassion and love for the people you spend your own time trying to help is not something anyone can be taught. It's a gift only some are born with! You are all what I consider to be Angels in disguise!!

I've been wondering about that as well.

He did scope out the location earlier in the day, so having a plan might have helped keep him clean. He knew just want he needed to do and got to work.

Also, we really don't know that he wasn't wet.

But, it is also possible he had help. I'm not ruling that uncle out just yet.

JMO.

The lines from the press conference yesterday in this news article are really making me sick... Now I am thinking Police Chief Revering herself may have been too sicked to get behind the mic' and speak. Oh, Lord, how will we bear it if it is true that Mr. Collins simply 'duct-taped' his child and threw him in that round metal waste water drainage area at the side of the River? The only way to bear such things is: Pray to God. Oh, and we must forgive all: Jesus' Orders ! If Mr. Collins did this thing, Mr. Collins is a profoundly soul-sick person.

Freeman said, "We believe the father took him to the river and dumped him in the wastewater storm water system; he remained underwater for 24 days." ... According to the criminal complaint, Barway's feet were bound together with duct tape, and a piece of duct tape was wrapped around his torso too.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3765270.shtml

He did scope out the location earlier in the day, so having a plan might have helped keep him clean. He knew just want he needed to do and got to work.

But, it is also possible he had help. I'm not ruling that uncle out just yet.

JMO.

Quoting myself, lol!

Also, the Statement of Probable Cause shows that he changed clothes after he got home, before going out again for 20 minutes. If you heard from your spouse that your child was missing, would your first response be to change clothes? I would think most of us would immediately jump into action and not even think about our clothes.

Why did he change clothes?

JMO.

The lines from the press conference yesterday in this news article are really making me sick... Now I am thinking Police Chief Revering herself may have been too sicked to get behind the mic' and speak. Oh, Lord, how will we bear it if it is true that Mr. Collins simply 'duct-taped' his child and threw him in that round metal waste water drainage area at the side of the River? The only way to bear such things is: Pray to God. Oh, and we must forgive all: Jesus' Orders ! If Mr. Collins did this thing, Mr. Collins is a profoundly soul-sick person.

Freeman said, "We believe the father took him to the river and dumped him in the wastewater storm water system; he remained underwater for 24 days." ... According to the criminal complaint, Barway's feet were bound together with duct tape, and a piece of duct tape was wrapped around his torso too.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3765270.shtml

MNMary, I can't go there yet. I'm waiting for cause of death, hoping for something redeemable to hold on to, like a quick death where he didn't know what was happening to him.

Every night Barway was missing I'd wake and wonder where he was...I wanted to believe he'd been sold, thinking that would have been better somehow. That there would still be hope to save him.

Every morning when I drove over the river on my way to work I'd wonder where he was, was I driving past his body right then? Since they found Barway's little body I've waked in terror wondering what his last moments must have been. That poor, dear baby soul.

I just cannot fathom what type of monster does this (even though I've been lurking here since the Laci Peterson case). I hope he rots in hell for eternity and I would gladly vote the death penalty back into our State laws for the perpetrator of this heinous crime.

Something in our world must change.

JMO.

Can someone pull up the picture I posted here of Barway's body in the water - it was a huge pic'. I think I posted it the day of the discovery of little Barway's body, or maybe the day after... I don't remember, but maybe the murderer could have tossed the child's body into that round meta 'sewage/pond' from the bluffs/cliff ???

The police took Mr. Collins clothes and shoes, so maybe they'll have forensics that will show the dirt on his shoes matches the River bluffs/cliff in that area.

Can someone pull up the picture I posted here of Barway's body in the water - it was a huge pic'. I think I posted it the day of the discovery of little Barway's body, or maybe the day after... I don't remember, but maybe the murderer could have tossed the child's body into that round meta 'sewage/pond' from the bluffs/cliff ???

The police took Mr. Collins clothes and shoes, so maybe they'll have forensics that will show the dirt on his shoes matches the River bluffs/cliff in that area.

Here is the article with the photo (if you click on the photo it gets a bit larger).

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...sissippi-river-believed-to-be-barway-collins/

Attachments

• barway-found.jpg
    barway-found.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 123
Immediately after leaving the river that afternoon, PC goes straight to Cub Foods/TCF Bank to check is bank account balance. This show, in my opinion, his mind was on money. JMO.

WOW - I never, ever thought of that angle - how horrific imo ! If it is true (and, of course, I withhold ANY sort of judgment), it downright frightens me that a parent could murder one's child, then head to the bank in minutes.... Reminds me of that awful case out east where the 2 creepy men slugged the napping/doctor dad with a hammer, knocking him out, then did such horrible things to the mom and 2 daughters, making mom take money out of her bank account and telling her they'd then leave - that is just the beginning of that nightmare of a case....

Here is the article with the photo (if you click on the photo it gets a bit larger).

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...sissippi-river-believed-to-be-barway-collins/

Thanks so much. I know I posted (I thought I did....) a pic', tho', which shows the big round concrete 'tube'/'drain' that brings all the rainwater and melting snow and debris down from the gutters at the top of the bluff/cliff - can someone please find THAT pic'??? BECAUSE that pic' ought to show us if the murderer could have stood on the bluff/cliff UP & BEHIND that silver metal round 'pooling' area, and tossed the duct-taped child (alive??? .... omg....)

With things like this, how can we not turn to God and bow down?

Every night Barway was missing I'd wake and wonder where he was...I wanted to believe he'd been sold, thinking that would have been better somehow. That there would still be hope to save him.

Every morning when I drove over the river on my way to work I'd wonder where he was, was I driving past his body right then? Since they found Barway's little body I've waked in terror wondering what his last moments must have been. That poor, dear baby soul.

I just cannot fathom what type of monster does this (even though I've been lurking here since the Laci Peterson case). I hope he rots in hell for eternity and I would gladly vote the death penalty back into our State laws for the perpetrator of this heinous crime.

Something in our world must change.

I did not follow this case and only saw it of today . BBM , I prefer to think of what his newest moments are like. He's free of any kind of fear or sorrow from now on. That is not a bad thing :)

This is a pic' of the 1st two police officers in wet suits in the water, holding a tarp over Barway's body, to shield his body from the news helicopter on the east side of the river, where I went (after I found the west side of the M. River park area entirely blocked with cop cars and yellow tap ---so, it is making sense that the news helicopter I saw was ordered to stay on the east side of the river: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCVsUvLUEAAUMAd.png I believe the round 'metal thing' and the big 'tube' is where drainage from snow, heavy rains goes through a gutter system from the upper bluffs down into the M. River. I believe the big round 'metal thing' is meant to prevent drainage water from going into the River too fast.

I hate to say it, but: I bet Barway was murdered, like strangulation, and then weighted down with some ropes and heavy rocks (probably all laid out in advance by the murderer or murderers, waiting for the murder to happen), and then, over the days, with the turbulent weather we've had here, some very heavy rains, little Barway's body came loose from ropes and weights and surfaced today. I bet the child's body was dumped right at that area, and that the searchers found the child very shortly after the body surfaced.

Also, hate to say this, but if Barway's father, and, or 'Uncle' murdered this child, I would imagine they tricked the kid to the murder site and told him all was a surprise for Barway and he was going to be able to go fishing! That's how they'd get little Barway happily down the bluffs to the edge of the M. River....

MMary ~ is this the one? Page 21. Post 409
It will not let me post a picture

If you go to Google Earth and search for the North Mississippi River Regional Park you can see the drainage tube. Unfortunately there is no "streetview" but it looks like it might not be difficult to get to. But I cannot say for sure. Might have to drive over there a little later. I also cant get a link to it on my phone for some reason.

So, thx ! If you go to this pic' and blow it up, you will notice the one uniformed Hennepin County Sheriff Deputy 'to the left', on the bank of the Mississippi River. When you use that man as an indicator 'for size and proportion', it seems very clear to me that an (so very disturbed, sicko) adult easily could have tossed a duct tape child over the edge, at whatever spot seemed easiest for the murderer. This is so very horrific - I cannot wrap my mind around the horror. I feel 'extra' sad, I think, because I know all the sites (I am 'a local') and am located quite close to all of it. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCVsUvLUEAAUMAd.png I'm sure many, many people here are very much brokenhearted. I loved the poster who said little Barway is at least free from fear and pain now - in God's Loving Arms....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty