MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here’s a link to a map. It’s not my map.
This is the map I saw early on from Lou Raguse/Kare11…pinged at wooded area near a street called Terminal Drive.
But even on your map, the pinged spot by the pond is right behind Essendant…a building that has huge lights on it and roads and parking lots converging next to the building.
So which spot is the correct one?
1698761827332.jpeg

This is the map I saw early on from Lou Raguse/Kare11…pinged at wooded area near a street called Terminal Drive.
But even on your map, the pinged spot by the pond is right behind Essendant…a building that has huge lights on it and roads and parking lots converging next to the building.
So which spot is the correct one?
View attachment 457228
I don't know what info is correct and what's not. Maybe one of the maps was created before the search warrant was made public.

His cell phone records states he traveled through a small industrial area near Highway 13 before heading into heavily wooded terrain with several marshes and ponds.

Marshes and ponds in MN can often times look like land when it's not. Floating bogs can be massive in size and they are very unstable with holes that a person can fall through and get trapped under. I haven't been to that area, but IMO he's in the water and his body is most likely trapped under a bog. :(

I don't know what info is correct and what's not. Maybe one of the maps was created before the search warrant was made public.

His cell phone records states he traveled through a small industrial area near Highway 13 before heading into heavily wooded terrain with several marshes and ponds.

Marshes and ponds in MN can often times look like land when it's not. Floating bogs can be massive in size and they are very unstable with holes that a person can fall through and get trapped under. I haven't been to that area, but IMO he's in the water and his body is most likely trapped under a bog. :(
I think this.

And any search in that area puts searchers in the same jeopardy, even by day.

He may simply have become turned around, then thought he had a bead on direction and took what he predicted to be a short cut.

Which may have worked, had there been solid ground beneath him.

JMO

That makes sense. It would be very hard to find someone in those conditions.

I can't imagine the anguish they deal with on a day-to-day, even hour-to-hour basis.

It doesn't change the outcome, but I did find the below references from the article interesting. These are not quotes from the parents, but statements from the reporter (bbm). I was always under the impression from earlier reports that Bryce planned to exit the ride share with his friends at their residence and walk home which he had previously done on several occasions. This info leads one to believe Bryce unexpectedly decided to exit with his friends and originally intended to continue in the ride share to his apartment. Maybe it's just semantics or not clearly stated by the reporter.

"After some confusion over a drop-off, he got out of an Uber about a mile from his Eagan home." and this statement "He got out of an Uber early before he reached his Eagan home and decided to walk the rest of the way."

I can't imagine the anguish they deal with on a day-to-day, even hour-to-hour basis.

It doesn't change the outcome, but I did find the below references from the article interesting. These are not quotes from the parents, but statements from the reporter (bbm). I was always under the impression from earlier reports that Bryce planned to exit the ride share with his friends at their residence and walk home which he had previously done on several occasions. This info leads one to believe Bryce unexpectedly decided to exit with his friends and originally intended to continue in the ride share to his apartment. Maybe it's just semantics or not clearly stated by the reporter.

"After some confusion over a drop-off, he got out of an Uber about a mile from his Eagan home." and this statement "He got out of an Uber early before he reached his Eagan home and decided to walk the rest of the way."
I read somewhere that when booking the Uber only one dropoff was listed. When he said he needed to be dropped off at a second location the Uber driver said he would need to book it separately which would have been double the cost so he chose to walk home. I'm hoping they checked out that Uber driver because I believe he made a statement of Bryce being drunk and kicking the door. If only the Uber driver would have gone another mile none of this would have happened.

I read somewhere that when booking the Uber only one dropoff was listed. When he said he needed to be dropped off at a second location the Uber driver said he would need to book it separately which would have been double the cost so he chose to walk home. I'm hoping they checked out that Uber driver because I believe he made a statement of Bryce being drunk and kicking the door. If only the Uber driver would have gone another mile none of this would have happened.

That is very interesting .. Thank you for sharing .

From what I have read so far, I thought that on the route Bryce walked, the road ended at some point and he had to enter the forest area to go on . I was wrong . When I looked at Google street view yesterday, I saw that the main roads and secondary roads continued as he was walking I guess. In other words, he must have chosen to leave the road and jump into the dark forest with bushes on the ground. Why would a young man leave the main road and enter the forest area to find his way home? Was his house in a wooded area like that ? Even if being drunk, I think one can distinguish between the main road and the forest. As soon as he stepped in the woods if ever , he would realize that . Maybe he was running away and hiding from someone . Foulplay would be my number one guess .If Bryce was a woman , foul play, abduction , rape and killing, sex trafficing etc would be on the table . So sad.. Jmo .

From what I have read so far, I thought that on the route Bryce walked, the road ended at some point and he had to enter the forest area to go on . I was wrong . When I looked at Google street view yesterday, I saw that the main roads and secondary roads continued as he was walking I guess. In other words, he must have chosen to leave the road and jump into the dark forest with bushes on the ground. Why would a young man leave the main road and enter the forest area to find his way home? Was his house in a wooded area like that ? Even if being drunk, I think one can distinguish between the main road and the forest. As soon as he stepped in the woods if ever , he would realize that . Maybe he was running away and hiding from someone . Foulplay would be my number one guess .If Bryce was a woman , foul play, abduction , rape and killing, sex trafficing etc would be on the table . So sad.. Jmo .
My same thoughts from the beginning. If he stuck to roads for miles and knew he was lost and scared immediately upon crossing into the narrow strip of woods where he called his friends and his phone pinged, why go deeper into that? In the dark? With a dead phone? I could see him maybe getting turned around in the wooded area, and maybe going out the other side to the field/park area, but then you could see all the lights of the industrial buildings if you went a short way up toward the ponds.
His apartment is an 8-10 story high rise on Yankee Doodle in the middle of businesses with roads all around it…not wooded at all.
LE has said over and over that no foul play is suspected. His phone call was how many minutes to his friends. Wish we knew what was on that call. Probably key to how intoxicated he was, how lost, how scared, whether his friends told him to stay put and they were coming to find him, etc.

Last edited:
Because they don’t think that adult male was coincidentally kidnapped right after FaceTiming in heavy woods. I agree with the conclusion.
He may not have been kidnapped right after FaceTiming, but if he walked for a bit and made it back to the industrial area or roads or up to the homeless encampment or shady area of Gun Club Lake that is not far, who knows what trouble he may have encountered.

So whatever happened to the theory of him being in the pond next to Essendant? It was searched multiple times. There was word that they were maybe going to drain it in the spring because multiple K9s tracked him in there. Did that just go out the window or do they know somehow or for certain he is not in there now? Must not be, if they are now focusing on the 14 foot grass and marshes, and not a word about the ponds anymore.
I did find the K9 map of that at one point. But it’s not out in Caltopo anymore. The map also had the dog going right to the edge of the parking lot by Essendant, which makes me wonder…

So whatever happened to the theory of him being in the pond next to Essendant? It was searched multiple times. There was word that they were maybe going to drain it in the spring because multiple K9s tracked him in there. Did that just go out the window or do they know somehow or for certain he is not in there now? Must not be, if they are now focusing on the 14 foot grass and marshes, and not a word about the ponds anymore.
I did find the K9 map of that at one point. But it’s not out in Caltopo anymore. The map also had the dog going right to the edge of the parking lot by Essendant, which makes me wonder…
Perhaps he did in fact arrive at water's edge, then turned back the way he'd come.

JMO

JMO

So if he made it up to the ponds for a look at those and the bright lights of the Essendant building/parking lot was right next to them, why would he turn back towards the darkness, weeds/brush, 14 foot grass/marshes and what everyone calls a formidable, miserable area that searchers can barely get through in daylight. Even if he was drunk. Maybe I don’t get the mind of a drunk person, but I have a hard time believing it.
MOO

So if he made it up to the ponds for a look at those and the bright lights of the Essendant building/parking lot was right next to them, why would he turn back towards the darkness, weeds/brush, 14 foot grass/marshes and what everyone calls a formidable, miserable area that searchers can barely get through in daylight. Even if he was drunk. Maybe I don’t get the mind of a drunk person, but I have a hard time believing it.
MOO
Perhaps it served as a landmark giving him confidence, assurance of which way to go. Only it was off.

Jmo

Just something to note, my dad pointed this out to me on the map. There appears to be a skinny little strip of water running through the marshy area. He said he has come across this same type of thing while deer hunting (different area of MN, but same concept). Apparently these little waterways can look unassuming, but be multiple feet deep and plunge you straight down if you misstep thinking it’s solid ground. If Bryce accidentally hit this in the pitch dark and cold, then algae helped conceal him… just another possibility.

I keep thinking something had to have incapacitated him pretty quickly between the time of the FaceTime call to his friends and when they got out there to look for him… it’s so quiet, sound would carry easily. If they were yelling his name he should have heard them.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 26
Agreed. So if he walked from where his phone pinged near Yankee and Terminal Drive in the wooded area all the way to the ponds, that takes a while. Took me about 20 minutes in the daylight along the tracks. I walked it, and the tracks are hard to walk on, but easier than the taller grass. And at night it’s so quiet, you can hear a pin drop out there. If his friends got there within 20 minutes and yelled for him, he should have heard IMO. Unless he never made it up to the ponds.
However, LE has had hundreds of searchers, drones and sonar out in that area and would guess have covered every inch of the ponds and water closer to the industrial area already. But who knows.

I have to wonder if LE has been out there at night trying to re-enact his steps, the friend’s timing and yelling, and trying to figure out how far he may have realistically walked and what he saw or heard…in the dark. I would hope so. Or are they assuming he walked for miles and acres through thick brush and marsh in the dark while drunk.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWhitaker
Back