MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bryce had sent his location to his friends and the only bit of information I read about where the friends looked for him was ‘ along Highway 13 ‘ . So I don’t assume they moved farther than Highway 13. I wonder whether friends remember if he had his tie on him while facetiming ? Or did he have it on while he was seen walking on a cctv ? Why is this hush hush about his movements, phone call etc? Jmo

Agree. Everything has been hush hush for a year. The have released only the most general bits of information.
I think his friends had his exact location, so if they really only went down 13, why not go to where he was? And why not call the police right away, but instead wait until the next morning? Or did they really search for hours and looked back in the park and yelled for him?
There are also mixed reports of things. One news station said the Uber dropped them off at Yankee and Coachman. Another said the friends house at Hill Ridge Drive. Those are very different places. I am pretty sure it was the friends house though. I’ve seen 2 different final phone ping locations. Multiple things about whether he was drunk or on drugs.
Good point on the tie. Who knows. LE said it was found along his route of travel, which could be anywhere. On his way in…or out.
So much seems off to me, IMO.

It was reported that the drop off was 3256 Hill Ridge Dr. at 2:08A (KARE2023-11-03_12-50-25.jpg11.com). I recall the ping was at the end of Yankee Doodle Road (red star) which would make sense to say he's lost because the road ended. That was at 2:37A. Google maps says 22 to 24 minutes walking. He could have gotten turned around in the subdivision which may have added to the time. I always wondered about the bar on Yankee Doodle (yellow star) that he would have walked past. Is it a nice place or questionable? Many bars have after hours for a few regulars; did they? It was Halloween so I could see at least staff being there at that time. Could someone have seen him and followed him knowing he had to be lost?

It was reported that the drop off was 3256 Hill Ridge Dr. at 2:08A (KAREView attachment 45796011.com). I recall the ping was at the end of Yankee Doodle Road (red star) which would make sense to say he's lost because the road ended. That was at 2:37A. Google maps says 22 to 24 minutes walking. He could have gotten turned around in the subdivision which may have added to the time. I always wondered about the bar on Yankee Doodle (yellow star) that he would have walked past. Is it a nice place or questionable? Many bars have after hours for a few regulars; did they? It was Halloween so I could see at least staff being there at that time. Could someone have seen him and followed him knowing he had to be lost?
A few of us have discussed the bar on here previously and wondered if anyone was there or still working or followed him. I wondered if that place had the footage of him walking. Doubt we will ever know.
I used to work at the Blue Cross building at the end of Yankee to the left. The bar used to be the Valley Lounge back then and kind of run down and sketchy. The Yankee Tavern, which us what it is now, seems a lot nicer. I think the owners of the Lucky’s took it over and renovated it.
As for the red star, where his phone pinged, I can see where he may have crossed into that more wooded area. I walked around that spot last November. But if you go in any direction, you either come back out to the road, blue cross, the industrial area, or the tracks/park. If you followed the tracks a bit right, you would see the lights of the industrial area. Left you might see Blue Cross which I think is also lit up. Not sure why you would keep walking straight out into the park/long grass/reeds/marsh.

People thinking he would go out walking through the long grass/marsh towards the river at night with no phone or flashlight, should go out there at 2am on a Sat night.
If he was lost and scared at the end of the road by the woods, hard to believe he would venture back there. I was creeped out just standing by the ponds with Essendant/roads all lit up right behind me. Although I wasn’t intoxicated either. MOO

It was reported that the drop off was 3256 Hill Ridge Dr. at 2:08A (KAREView attachment 45796011.com). I recall the ping was at the end of Yankee Doodle Road (red star) which would make sense to say he's lost because the road ended. That was at 2:37A. Google maps says 22 to 24 minutes walking. He could have gotten turned around in the subdivision which may have added to the time. I always wondered about the bar on Yankee Doodle (yellow star) that he would have walked past. Is it a nice place or questionable? Many bars have after hours for a few regulars; did they? It was Halloween so I could see at least staff being there at that time. Could someone have seen him and followed him knowing he had to be lost?
how far is the river itself from the ping point?

I just can’t imagine him even getting to the really tall grass/marsh. He called his friends that he was lost right at the edge of the businesses and industrial area and roads. Then there are railroad tracks to cross, and lots of longer grass (but not 14 feet) on solid ground to get through. I am not sure what areas they are referring to as I’m guessing there are maybe lots of marshy areas with very tall reeds/grass. I didn’t make it far into the shorter grass in daylight sober without tripping. But I don’t know the stamina or persistence of an intoxicated young guy. The dogs tracked him near the ponds which is up the tracks and right next to lighted buildings of the industrial area. Again, seems really hard to believe he would have stuck close to roads, tracks, and buildings for miles, then decided to venture in tall reeds/marsh that you can hardly maneuver through…and in the dark of the night. I wonder why LE thinks he is back there without a doubt?
i mean... being intoxicated can lead you to make really dumb decisions you'd never make sober.

i mean... being intoxicated can lead you to make really dumb decisions you'd never make sober.
True. However, my question is if professional search crews are having a tough time getting through that ‘challenging terrain’ in daylight, how far would a heavily intoxicated guy realistically have made it in the dark?
It’s not like you are walking on a nice level field with short grass, and can see where you are going and what’s in front of you.

Last edited:
People thinking he would go out walking through the long grass/marsh towards the river at night with no phone or flashlight, should go out there at 2am on a Sat night.
If he was lost and scared at the end of the road by the woods, hard to believe he would venture back there. I was creeped out just standing by the ponds with Essendant/roads all lit up right behind me. Although I wasn’t intoxicated either. MOO
in my early 20s i lived in a college town in the midwest. i was perpetually drunk for a hot minute there. i would take "shortcuts" alone while drunk. i once fell in a river but managed to get out fairly quickly. i'm EXTREMELY lucky.

True. However, my question is if professional search crews are having a tough time getting through that ‘challenging terrain’ in daylight, how far would a heavily intoxicated guy realistically have made it in the dark?
It’s not like you are walking on a nice level field with short grass, and can see where you are going and what’s in front of you.
that's true. but then again, truth is stranger than fiction. i really hope they find this kid soon

A few of us have discussed the bar on here previously and wondered if anyone was there or still working or followed him. I wondered if that place had the footage of him walking. Doubt we will ever know.
I used to work at the Blue Cross building at the end of Yankee to the left. The bar used to be the Valley Lounge back then and kind of run down and sketchy. The Yankee Tavern, which us what it is now, seems a lot nicer. I think the owners of the Lucky’s took it over and renovated it.
As for the red star, where his phone pinged, I can see where he may have crossed into that more wooded area. I walked around that spot last November. But if you go in any direction, you either come back out to the road, blue cross, the industrial area, or the tracks/park. If you followed the tracks a bit right, you would see the lights of the industrial area. Left you might see Blue Cross which I think is also lit up. Not sure why you would keep walking straight out into the park/long grass/reeds/marsh.
One thing that has stuck out for me in this case, or raised questions...Per reports, Bryce had walked from his friends residence on Hill Ridge Drive to his apartment on Promenade Ave. numerous times prior. That he didn't recognize sooner that he was going the wrong way points to a level of intoxication and/or impairment that needs to be considered. We don't know the specific route he took, but seems (IMO) he went the wrong way on Letendre when leaving Hill Ridge - and headed towards Hwy 13 instead of Coachmen. I always wondered when he came to Hwy 13 - did he think it was Coachmen? As other have shared, I've gotten lost while walking intoxicated and swore I was going in the right direction and kept going until I realized I was completely lost.

I’m sure he was intoxicated, confused and turned around. But had enough wits to stick to the roads, know that he was lost when he got to the end of Yankee road and the wooded area, and to FaceTime his friends for help. IMO didn’t seem THAT out of it. And would any of us, even really drunk, have then thought, what the heck, I’ll just not wait for them, and try to trek through this thick brush and marsh in the pitch dark, because that is surely the way to go? I guess I’m more questioning why LE thinks he is back in the horrible terrain somewhere. If anything, I would think he would be closer to where his phone pinged, fell in some closer body of water, or he got back to the roads. But who knows. Maybe I’m thinking too logically about where he could realistically be.

Last edited:
But isn't it challenging because they could fall into a deep marsh, like Bryce did?

But isn't it challenging because they could fall into a deep marsh, like Bryce did?
I am just wondering/questioning what makes them so sure he walked out into the brush, 14 foot high grass/reeds and marshes. LE said they believe they are looking in the right place, but also believed he was in the pond behind Essendant for months. So what if they don’t find him after another year of searching the marshes? Those poor parents.

I am just wondering/questioning what makes them so sure he walked out into the brush, 14 foot high grass/reeds and marshes. LE said they believe they are looking in the right place, but also believed he was in the pond behind Essendant for months. So what if they don’t find him after another year of searching the marshes? Those poor parents.

Probably K9 dogs led them to the places they looked. There is the possibility that only his phone or wallet could be taken there and that would lead the dogs . One would think with underwater cameras and all that technology , they would have found him or his phone by now.

Last edited:
I drove over on 13 and Yankee and through the industrial area last night about 7:30pm. It was dark out, but lights all over in the businesses of the industrial area. A few houses. Other cars driving through there. Cars in the parking lots. Parking lots brightly lit up. Yankee Tavern was packed. When I got to the end of Terminal Drive at Yankee, I was going to go right to the dead end road where his phone pinged to check it out, but there was a car parked down there with its lights on, so I didn’t dare and took a left instead towards 13. Thought it was odd that someone was parked down there, but who knows.
Also, I remembered there is a gun range in that area. Someone on here had mentioned it before I think. I looked it up and it is called Valley Acres Gun Range and says it’s temporarily closed. Anyone know anything about it or why it’s closed?

I drove over on 13 and Yankee and through the industrial area last night about 7:30pm. It was dark out, but lights all over in the businesses of the industrial area. A few houses. Other cars driving through there. Cars in the parking lots. Parking lots brightly lit up. Yankee Tavern was packed. When I got to the end of Terminal Drive at Yankee, I was going to go right to the dead end road where his phone pinged to check it out, but there was a car parked down there with its lights on, so I didn’t dare and took a left instead towards 13. Thought it was odd that someone was parked down there, but who knows.
Also, I remembered there is a gun range in that area. Someone on here had mentioned it before I think. I looked it up and it is called Valley Acres Gun Range and says it’s temporarily closed. Anyone know anything about it or why it’s closed?
During the Covid panic, everything was listed as "temporarily closed", whether it was/still is, or not.

During the Covid panic, everything was listed as "temporarily closed", whether it was/still is, or not.
I read through posts about it on here from last year when Bruce went missing. It was open back then, but not open to the public…only police use. InternetGhost on here walked by it mid-Nov of last year and an officer was back there shooting. Hope Bryce didn’t run into any trouble there. Wonder why it is closed now, if only police use it?

Anyone attempting to search in that srea probably ought to be equipped with an "I'm fallen" alert bracelet and red water buoy. That are some unforgiving wetlands in there.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back