MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems odd to be looking for information, if they are so sure he wandered into the river or pond. I feel like there is a lack of information about the party bus or party. I Understand the need to keep information from the public for cases And if anyone involved is a minor, but it just seems like the lead up to him being dropped off is grey.

Bryce Borca's family offers $30K reward to find missing Eagan man - Bring Me The News
Snippets:
The family of Bryce Borca, the 23-year-old Eagan man who has been missing since October, are offering a $30,000 reward for information that leads to his whereabouts.

"These efforts have included hundreds of volunteers, multiple state and federal agencies, professional search teams, canine teams, drones and water sonar equipment, covering [1,000] acres of land and water in Fort Snelling Park and surrounding areas," the family said in a statement on Friday.

IMO
Interesting
Also no mention of foundation

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for non-approved source> have driven around all the roads on his route and searched some of the woods where he went missing, along the tracks, back in the brush, and around the ponds. As so many others have done also.
It is crazy how they haven’t found him yet after all the private search crews, K9s, drones, divers, sonar, etc.
LE/searchers found the missing Stillwater young man in a day.
And there has been a lack of information, in general, from the beginning:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see Bryce back in the news. Unfortunately, I didn't see any new information that may lead to his whereabouts.

JAN 20, 2023

It sounds like his parents have been doing more than the public realized, i.e. searches, professional help, drones, etc. The missing item has been the public. Perhaps the reward will counter this and find him. I still think a Go Fund Me would be a good idea.

The Eagan police do not think he was abducted, but after searches of 1000 acres, where could he be? I move between thinking he's still there and thinking someone else is involved, and he's not in the area. Just hope no one is hurt searching the area going after the reward.

I think they may have had some sensations and they believe that someone knows something but is hiding so yes they suspect foul play might be on the table . Jmo.
So why does LE always say no foul play suspected at the start in what seems every missing person case? Same for the Chris Jenkins case, which then turned out a homicide. Do they never want to suspect the worst? Or not upset the public? I have to wonder if they would be more open and transparent early on, if people would come forward with information. When you pass it off as just a drunken accident, what incentive is there for anyone to dig deeper or come forward with anything they heard or saw that night that may have been suspicious. Just my opinion.

Wow. That is a substantial reward if they believe all along he had fallen in water accidentally whilst intoxicated. I saw it on Facebook and was quite shocked so came here to discuss. My first thought was, wow seems like they believe foul play is involved? But we know for sure he was dropped off in the area by the Uber/taxi driver. So I guess it is one thing they do have to confirm he was definitely in this area. I’m guessing they weren’t able to find a scent trail of him leaving said area? I have felt all along he’s in the water but I’m not closed off to the idea of foul play. I think about Bryce often.

Is it possible that they still believe he wandered off into a water body of some sort, but maybe they are looking into any illegal substances that may of lead to his extremely intoxicated state as part of a more criminal matter? IMO

Last edited:
Is it possible that they still believe he wandered off into a water body of some sort, but maybe they are looking into any illegal substances that may of lead to his extremely intoxicated state as part of a more criminal matter? IMO
Reading the family's statement about the extensive search, it does seem they don't believe he's in the area. If he's was heavily intoxicated and someone offered him a lift, I suppose he would take it. Or he could have been easily forcibly taken.

i have been suspicious of the friends from the beginning. why is the info they’ve given coming from an affidavit? if my friend was missing, i would talk to the media until they were found, not communicate through a police statement. IIRC they didn’t call police til 11 am the next day. JMO

Please everyone, tell all your young men NOT to walk alone when drunk, Ever.
this is consistent annually and happens more in winter, the cold plus inebriation confuses you, slows you down until you pass out, and then you pass away whether drowning or freezing.

Young drunk men have a great deal of confidence in walking alone at night, I think that absolutely factors into the statistic. however that variable would obviously be hard to quantify for a study on this tragic phenomena.

Whatever you believe happened to Bryce, please please warn your loved ones.

Moo

Please everyone, tell all your young men NOT to walk alone when drunk, Ever.
this is consistent annually and happens more in winter, the cold plus inebriation confuses you, slows you down until you pass out, and then you pass away whether drowning or freezing.

Young drunk men have a great deal of confidence in walking alone at night, I think that absolutely factors into the statistic. however that variable would obviously be hard to quantify for a study on this tragic phenomena.

Whatever you believe happened to Bryce, please please warn your loved ones.

Moo
When you're young, you're invulnerable whether drunk or sober. Maybe it takes having children and concern for them to make someone realize all that's out there.

Below is near the last ping on his cell and looking North towards where some have hypothesized where he might be - in the quarry ponds. Take a closer look, this road goes off google maps. I have been very drunk before and sometimes you just put your head down and walk. I wonder where this goes?

bb.JPG

Below is near the last ping on his cell and looking North towards where some have hypothesized where he might be - in the quarry ponds. Take a closer look, this road goes off google maps. I have been very drunk before and sometimes you just put your head down and walk. I wonder where this goes?

View attachment 398075
Wondering if he just kept walking as you suggest - maybe north along the paved storage areas near Hwy 13. If he got as far as Lone Oak, there is a paved tail that goes all the way to Lilydale and St Paul. Maybe check near the Mendota Overlook?

Wondering if he just kept walking as you suggest - maybe north along the paved storage areas near Hwy 13. If he got as far as Lone Oak, there is a paved tail that goes all the way to Lilydale and St Paul. Maybe check near the Mendota Overlook?
If he kept walking somewhere, wouldn’t the dozens of canines have tracked him to wherever he is, or if he got picked up by someone… to that spot? I also consider if he stuck to the roads in the industrial area, wouldn’t one of the many security cameras on those businesses have picked him up? I still would like to know anything about his path that night, what was picked up on the cameras, if he was still in possession of his phone, the call with his friends, etc. Really anything.

View attachment 398075

View attachment 398075
It showes that it goes to Valley Acres Police Range. There is a gate but IDK if it is ever closed. All the pictures I have seen its been open. From there it turns into a dirt road which looks like it could be a gravel pit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127_183144.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127_183144.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230127-182901_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127-182901_Maps.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230127-183429_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127-183429_Maps.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 12
If he kept walking somewhere, wouldn’t the dozens of canines have tracked him to wherever he is, or if he got picked up by someone… to that spot? I also consider if he stuck to the roads in the industrial area, wouldn’t one of the many security cameras on those businesses have picked him up? I still would like to know anything about his path that night, what was picked up on the cameras, if he was still in possession of his phone, the call with his friends, etc. Really anything.
K-9's are not infallible. Search teams, including K-9's, miss people all the time. :(

Body Found in Woods Believed to Be Missing Sagaponack Woman | The East Hampton Star
She was found hanging from a low-lying branch, in a heavily wooded area that had been previously searched by officers, as well as K-9 units.

Man Missing Since Christmas Eve Found Dead With Multiple Gunshot Wounds: Autopsy
The Chicago Police Department confirmed that officers and a K9 search unit had previously searched the area where Brooks' body was found and said it had also searched several other locations.

A Muslim Teenager Was Found Hanging And The FBI Is Now Reviewing The Case
A search team with a K-9 unit was unable to find his body when the area was previously searched.

Remains of Chesapeake woman who disappeared in 2017 identified
Chesapeake police, Virginia Department of Emergency Management crews and hundreds of K-9 teams, aviation teams and trackers from multiple states had previously searched for Coffield near a road that neighbors reported she'd been seen walking along.

Sheriff's office investigating after human remains found in Kanawha County
The K-9 group had previously searched the area with detectives working a missing person case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back