MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eagan Police provide update on search for Bryce Borca - Bring Me The News

Eagan Police Department has provided its first update since early November concerning the search for missing 23-year-old Bryce Borca.

"Over the past seven weeks, the Eagan Police Department has continued an active investigation into the disappearance of Bryce Borca," The Eagan Police Department posted Thursday.

"The investigation has included an extensive search of over 1000 acres in coordination with state and federal officials. Additional specialized support has been added through private entities to assist in locating Bryce. The investigation remains open and active, as Bryce has still not been located."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...ftEfCvirGl&id=100069357663239&mibextid=Nif5oz

Last edited:
People are asking why the family would set up a foundation. The chances of finding complete human remains IF Bryce went into the Wetlands area are pretty slim & the chances of survival at this point are approaching zero. For those not in the area, there is a ton of wild life in the MN River Valley & MN River is a National Wildlife / Wetlands Refuge. Coyote & Red Tailed Hawk are extremely prevalent in the area as are racoon with the rare bobcat as well.

I have not heard if they dredged the river or not. There are also many ponds in the area. I drive over the MN River Bridge every time I go into the office. The area before the marsh/wetland is solid but very thick cover. Deer love it. Point being that unless he was spotted immediately there is a possibility that varmint displaced his body before large searches were underway.

People are asking why the family would set up a foundation. The chances of finding complete human remains IF Bryce went into the Wetlands area are pretty slim & the chances of survival at this point are approaching zero. For those not in the area, there is a ton of wild life in the MN River Valley & MN River is a National Wildlife / Wetlands Refuge. Coyote & Red Tailed Hawk are extremely prevalent in the area as are racoon with the rare bobcat as well.

I have not heard if they dredged the river or not. There are also many ponds in the area. I drive over the MN River Bridge every time I go into the office. The area before the marsh/wetland is solid but very thick cover. Deer love it. Point being that unless he was spotted immediately there is a possibility that varmint displaced his body before large searches were underway.
Body yes but not the clothes.

Without a body, I would be clinging to the tiniest chance he is still alive and not moving forward with a foundation. But that’s me.
He could have been picked up or abducted. That would not be a great situation either, but I think of Jayme Closs or Elizabeth Smart. Or sometimes adults choose to leave. Doesn’t seem like Bryce would do that to his family, but who knows.

Without a body, I would be clinging to the tiniest chance he is still alive and not moving forward with a foundation. But that’s me.
He could have been picked up or abducted. That would not be a great situation either, but I think of Jayme Closs or Elizabeth Smart. Or sometimes adults choose to leave. Doesn’t seem like Bryce would do that to his family, but who knows.
While we know nothing of his background thoughts, it doesn't seem like he would have left voluntarily, especially considering the 2:00am circumstances. He was in school, had a job, seemed a stable person.

Someone could have picked him up, but at that hour around that particular area Hwy 13 doesn't have a lot of traffic. (The Eagan Outlet Mall and I-77 it is busier, although that's a ways away from where he disappeared.) Note that Sophie the dog seemed to track him in a circle around the pond in back of Essendant, meaning he could have come back to the buildings area west of Hwy 13 and been abducted.

If he was walking, it would seem he would have been found, especially since he probably would not have gone far intoxicated. Was he abducted?

I wonder what the Eagan LE theory is. Nearly 2 months since he's been gone. Maybe we'll know in spring.

I'm wondering if there is a link to George Musser. Looks like he was found 30 miles from where Bryce went missing.
Told friends he was going to the bathroom (1:30a). Did not return. Had a vehicle. Keys, wallet found next to car. No jacket. No idea what happened. Temps well below zero.

Told friends he was going to the bathroom (1:30a). Did not return. Had a vehicle. Keys, wallet found next to car. No jacket. No idea what happened. Temps well below zero.
So, SO strange.
I grew up in the Midwest. In my college town, I personally helped search for 3 of the college-aged men we've lost to rivers. I always thought the Smiley Face SK theory was total garbage and just rumors due to the high amount of smiley faces spraypainted around the area (plenty). I still don't subscribe to SFSK theory but I am beginning to really wonder if all of these boys are just randomly stumbling drunk into rivers to their own demise. It's getting weirder and weirder as time goes on because it feels like there's MORE and MORE every year.

I'm wondering if there is a link to George Musser. Looks like he was found 30 miles from where Bryce went missing.
Like for Bryce Borca, Grace has put together a couple of videos on TikTok about George Musser. There have been some good and interesting posts out there. Another really intoxicated young man left to find his way home alone. Apparently he was also going in the wrong direction from his home, phone dead, etc. George had to walk a couple miles and cross Hwy 36 to get where he was found, just like Bryce walking and crossing 13 into the river valley. I just don’t know how either of them made it to where they ended up being so drunk and without being seen by anyone or cameras. Or if not so drunk, they would have known that they were going the wrong way. Makes me wonder.

So, SO strange.
I grew up in the Midwest. In my college town, I personally helped search for 3 of the college-aged men we've lost to rivers. I always thought the Smiley Face SK theory was total garbage and just rumors due to the high amount of smiley faces spraypainted around the area (plenty). I still don't subscribe to SFSK theory but I am beginning to really wonder if all of these boys are just randomly stumbling drunk into rivers to their own demise. It's getting weirder and weirder as time goes on because it feels like there's MORE and MORE every year.
IMO
It is weird. I have been following these missing college people cases since Chris Jenkins (Halloween 2002 in Minneapolisn MN) which seemed like a drunk college kid drowning accident but reclassified to Homicide (he was found and remains unsolved). If you take away the smiley face artwork part of the theory, it becomes a more workable theory.

I live in the land of 10,000 lakes and grew up in Mound which is surrounded by water. Never heard of anyone drowning that wasn't on the lake boating or swimming or fell through the ice when fishing. Why men vs women. Just saying

As for Bryce, I have been messaging with someone who has connections to his family. Sounds like they have had multiple different K9s all having hits in the deep pond. We have seen one of the K9 maps. And multiple divers have been in there with no luck. The family is considering digging or draining the pond…both hugely expensive options. Likely won’t happen until the spring with the temps and water freezing now. Hopefully he will be in there, but the waiting and still not knowing or having Bryce back must be unbearable for the family.

As for Bryce, I have been messaging with someone who has connections to his family. Sounds like they have had multiple different K9s all having hits in the deep pond. We have seen one of the K9 maps. And multiple divers have been in there with no luck. The family is considering digging or draining the pond…both hugely expensive options. Likely won’t happen until the spring with the temps and water freezing now. Hopefully he will be in there, but the waiting and still not knowing or having Bryce back must be unbearable for the family.
How deep is the pond? Is the scenario plausible where the divers may not see him...(I don't know alot about the water aspect)? All those dogs hitting there is pretty convincing. MOO. An answer is an answer but still, sad.

IMO
It is weird. I have been following these missing college people cases since Chris Jenkins (Halloween 2002 in Minneapolisn MN) which seemed like a drunk college kid drowning accident but reclassified to Homicide (he was found and remains unsolved). If you take away the smiley face artwork part of the theory, it becomes a more workable theory.

I live in the land of 10,000 lakes and grew up in Mound which is surrounded by water. Never heard of anyone drowning that wasn't on the lake boating or swimming or fell through the ice when fishing. Why men vs women. Just saying
Yes, I grew up next to lakes and went to college in Duluth. Everyone drank back then. I don’t remember anyone just wandering around drunk for miles and falling in a pond, marsh, lake or river and drowning.
There was just the drunk guy who fell off the Carnival cruise ship earlier this month and managed to tread water for 15 hours before being rescued.
But none of these college drunk kids can manage to swim out after supposedly walking for miles. Odd IMO.

How deep is the pond? Is the scenario plausible where the divers may not see him...(I don't know alot about the water aspect)? All those dogs hitting there is pretty convincing. MOO. An answer is an answer but still, sad.
I’ve heard it’s an old quarry or gravel pit. Some reports I’ve heard 150 feet deep. Others even more. Maybe it’s murky or lots of sediment in the bottom. Or who knows what else is down there. Someone on here also said divers can only go so deep.
Yeah, sounds like the multiple different dogs hitting that same spot has them thinking he is in there.
I did ask if Bryce was ever around that pond before or diving in it (as I’ve heard there is one pond over that way that kids dive in), and maybe the K9s were picking up an old scent, but didn’t get an answer.

Last edited:
I’ve heard it’s an old quarry or gravel pit. Some reports I’ve heard 150 feet deep. Others even more. Maybe it’s murky or lots of sediment in the bottom. Or who knows what else is down there. Someone on here also said divers can only go so deep.
Yeah, sounds like the multiple different dogs hitting that same spot has them thinking he is in there.
I did ask if Bryce was ever around that pond before or diving in it (as I’ve heard there is one pond over that way that kids dive in), and maybe the K9s were picking up an old scent, but didn’t get an answer.
How the heck would he have ended up there...

How the heck would he have ended up there...
It doesn’t make sense to me either, if you read any of my earlier posts. I have specifically gone back there at night. The ponds are right next to the industrial area,which is brightly lit up. Can’t miss it, particularly if he circled the ponds. And if he walked for a couple miles from the friend’s house, across 13, through the industrial area and woods, up the RR tracks, and circled the ponds through heavy brush without falling, not sure how you then just accidentally fall in and drown. IMO I think he was either put in there or chose it…if that is indeed where they recover him.

Last edited:
Were the dogs scent dogs or cadaver dogs? I thought cadaver dogs can detect a body in the water but are not specific to an individual whereas scent dogs will detect a particular individuals scent on land. My understanding is a cadaver dog could hit on a body of water but they can only say it's human remains meaning it isn't necessarily Bryce. I can't imagine draining that pond what do they do with all the water? I can't imagine what his family is going through especially over the holidays. What ever came of the letter someone mentioned the area businesses getting about searching their property? Seems that should have been done much sooner.

Were the dogs scent dogs or cadaver dogs? I thought cadaver dogs can detect a body in the water but are not specific to an individual whereas scent dogs will detect a particular individuals scent on land. My understanding is a cadaver dog could hit on a body of water but they can only say it's human remains meaning it isn't necessarily Bryce. I can't imagine draining that pond what do they do with all the water? I can't imagine what his family is going through especially over the holidays. What ever came of the letter someone mentioned the area businesses getting about searching their property? Seems that should have been done much sooner.
I don’t know which dogs, but thought I read somewhere they used both. I also had lots of questions. Old scent? Did the dogs track him all around the ponds? Could he have washed off in the pond or fell in and got out? Could it be a different body in there? But I did not get any more detail than multiple different K9s hit on the same spot and stayed on that spot (which means they are probably correct), and now family is contemplating draining them. I also don’t know if LE or family has other info pointing to the pond. But seems it’s been their focus for weeks now. I feel lucky to have gotten any response from someone who knows something.
As for the letter, I’ve heard nothing more about that or if any businesses found anything. Doubt the public would anyway. I am not sure, but would have guessed a similar letter went out in the beginning too, when LE asked everyone around that area to check their cameras and properties.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back