MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family could have hired a PI that is helping them.

As far as hiring PIs, you'd have to believe there was investigating that still needed to be done, that only they could get done, not just searching. And you'd have to be very careful when hiring, because it does seem many PIs require large amounts of money and don't really provide the family with the promised new information. (There may be some worth hiring. This is just my opinion.)

Agree with all you've said except the resources. How much is a life worth? No matter what, resources would be available somewhere, somehow.

IMO resources aren't always available. For example, they can know exactly where someone fell into a bay. That doesn't mean they can recover them. Between depth, darkness, and currents. It's horrible, but it's just true. (I hope this isn't a bad example. I am exhausted.)

I have been reading some things on missing person cases. I have seen this statement over and over…

Media coverage and public interest help keep the victim's face out there, increasing the odds that someone -- and all it takes is one -- will come forward with needed information. And coverage also dials up the pressure on law enforcement to spend time and resources on the case.

While there may be some reasons to not do press releases or give updates, what’s more important? Building a case, protecting an investigation, protecting images, or finding Bryce?
IMO it’s finding Bryce.

Last edited:
As far as hiring PIs, you'd have to believe there was investigating that still needed to be done, that only they could get done, not just searching. And you'd have to be very careful when hiring, because it does seem many PIs require large amounts of money and don't really provide the family with the promised new information. (There may be some worth hiring. This is just my opinion.)

IMO resources aren't always available. For example, they can know exactly where someone fell into a bay. That doesn't mean they can recover them. Between depth, darkness, and currents. It's horrible, but it's just true. (I hope this isn't a bad example. I am exhausted.)
I am fairly local. There have been experienced persons - firefighters, drones, divers, who have volunteered services to LE. All have been rejected. (A drone would compromise something???) Further searches have been rejected.

Searching doesn't mean recovery. That's LE's job. It means finding him. There are professional search teams out there and available. Why aren't they being used? Good example is Adventures with Purpose that finds a submerged vehicle (often with someone inside). They do nothing to it, notify LE who proceeds from there.

This is Minnesota with over 2 ft of snow right now. What's probably going to happen is next spring some non-professional just out for a walk is going to stumble across him and compromise the situation.

Last edited:
I am not sure LE even knows if he is in the water at this point, given that they reached out to businesses again last week. I get the impression they don’t know where he is.

And they would have had more resources than they knew what to do with if they let the community and public help. We could have had thousands out all over Eagan that first week when the weather was good. People on various Facebook and websites have offered up ground searching, diving services, drones, etc.

It sure sounds that way. YIKES !!

Also-- A huge Thank you to you and other locals here with boots on the ground and helping us, that can't be there, get insight of the area and local news.
There has been no local news on this, and no updates for exactly a month since Nov 7th on the Eagan police site. Dozens of people have asked on their site for any update. However since then they have had updates on winter parking, finding the owner of a stray dog, the day in the life of a retired police dog, a new Tesla squad car, and playing Connect-4 with the community night. And many other updates. Maddening IMO.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous that full-force searching wasn’t done at get-go before the snow… I’m quite sure he won’t be found until spring (or later) and it won’t be because of any tip from a random business (imo)

This case very much reminds me of Tyler Davis… Occam’s razor tells me he was disoriented and found himself in a dense/tricky area, stumbled, passed out and passed away :(

ETA: If there’s news of any searches that LE allows, someone please DM me, I’m in Minneapolis and could get to the suburbs but I might not catch it on the thread

ETA: If there’s news of any searches that LE allows, someone please DM me, I’m in Minneapolis and could get to the suburbs but I might not catch it on the thread
I am not holding my breath on that, given we can’t even get an update out of LE, but will do on letting you know.

I have been out walking and searching myself over there a few times, but rather blindly with no guidance as to where to focus. There are so many wooded areas and ponds in all of Eagan where he could be too if he made it out of the industrial area and east of 13.

There has been no local news on this, and no updates for exactly a month since Nov 7th on the Eagan police site. Dozens of people have asked on their site for any update. However since then they have had updates on winter parking, finding the owner of a stray dog, the day in the life of a retired police dog, a new Tesla squad car, and playing Connect-4 with the community night. And many other updates. Maddening IMO.
Heard via the grapevine (no reference) family is not happy because LE has not found him. I've said this so many times - hire a professional search team. This is a professional family, doubtful $ is a problem. Wild horses couldn't keep me away from the site and further searches if this were my child.

Heard via the grapevine (no reference) family is not happy because LE has not found him. I've said this so many times - hire a professional search team. This is a professional family, doubtful $ is a problem. Wild horses couldn't keep me away from the site and further searches if this were my child.
Maybe the family needed to put less faith in LE and more in the community from the start, if that is the case. But hindsight is 20/20 as I’ve said before.
And maybe they have hired others. I have seen different SAR rvs/trailers over by Essendant. Lots of different search groups when I’ve been out there.
The problem is no one really knows anything other than rumors and speculation.

I am fairly local. There have been experienced persons - firefighters, drones, divers, who have volunteered services to LE. All have been rejected. (A drone would compromise something???) Further searches have been rejected.

Searching doesn't mean recovery. That's LE's job. It means finding him. There are professional search teams out there and available. Why aren't they being used? Good example is Adventures with Purpose that finds a submerged vehicle (often with someone inside). They do nothing to it, notify LE who proceeds from there.

This is Minnesota with over 2 ft of snow right now. What's probably going to happen is next spring some non-professional just out for a walk is going to stumble across him and compromise the situation.
Let’s try not jump to negative conclusions about what LE or family is doing. I’ve hiked the area along with many others here and watched LE conduct ground and water search, and a trailer there for Wings of Hope which specializes in aerial and underwater drones. Home - Wings of Hope Wings of Hope Search and Rescue of Wisconsin if you’ve been out there it’s obvious there are reasonable explanations for not opening up the area for volunteer searches. It’s hard to access without trespassing through private business property, requires crossing and walking along active (I think) train tracks, and the area is very rugged with tons of treacherous marshland that would be easy to get stuck in. There’s a lot of safety/liability concern there. Hoping for closure soon like my fellow sleuthers.

Let’s try not jump to negative conclusions about what LE or family is doing. I’ve hiked the area along with many others here and watched LE conduct ground and water search, and a trailer there for Wings of Hope which specializes in aerial and underwater drones. Home - Wings of Hope Wings of Hope Search and Rescue of Wisconsin if you’ve been out there it’s obvious there are reasonable explanations for not opening up the area for volunteer searches. It’s hard to access without trespassing through private business property, requires crossing and walking along active (I think) train tracks, and the area is very rugged with tons of treacherous marshland that would be easy to get stuck in. There’s a lot of safety/liability concern there. Hoping for closure soon like my fellow sleuthers.
I don’t think we are disputing that LE and family are doing everything they can and searches are going on. And I think many people that offered their services are professional and probably capable of searching that area. Also it’s the lack of any updates or information. LE has not told us to not go out there on our own. Many have been out searching because we know nothing and feel the need to do something and help. As I guess may be why you have been out there too. I would hate to hear that someone else is missing because they were out searching. I also wonder if I should be looking around town instead, depending if he got out of the woods/brush/marsh area. Half of Eagan doesn’t even know there is a missing person in the area. What if he is on their property? The absence of any information is what bothers me:(

Last edited:
I don’t think we are disputing that LE and family are doing everything they can and searches are going on. It’s the lack of any updates or information. LE has not told us to not go out there on our own. Many have been out searching because we know nothing and feel the need to do something and help. As I guess may be why you have been out there too. I would hate to hear that someone else is missing because they were out searching. I also wonder if I should be looking around town instead, depending if he got out of the woods/brush/marsh area. Half of Eagan doesn’t even know there is a missing person in the area. What if he is on their property? The absence of any information is what bothers me:(
I am equally frustrated from the lack of information, yet realize that it’s probably at the family’s request. I think we all agree that family and LE have more evidence than has been released by the public because of the intensely narrow search to a single body of water for the majority of this case. It’s difficult to speculate on the silence without being in their shoes and knowing what they know.

Having been out there many times (fishing as a teenager years ago and recently after Bryce went missing) I have mixed feelings hearing they might be shifting focus to industrial buildings. I’m skeptical all those buildings have been searched by the property owners, so I hope this happens, but the shift might indicate they have thoroughly searched the water with sonar and losing confidence in him being in there.

That is so baffling!! You would think a communication like this would have already gone out way earlier. That makes me feel like LE has no idea about him and no clue what they're doing.
We've been following since he went missing and it's heartbreaking with each day that passes. We live a few blocks away and there's just so many questions left unanswered with this whole scenario.

That area isn't the safest. I know of folks that fish back there but never go alone even in daytime.

Hoping and praying with you all that they find Bryce.
Gun Lake isn't the safest place. Hard to believe it once was the sacred fishing place of elite industrialists.

I am equally frustrated from the lack of information, yet realize that it’s probably at the family’s request. I think we all agree that family and LE have more evidence than has been released by the public because of the intensely narrow search to a single body of water for the majority of this case. It’s difficult to speculate on the silence without being in their shoes and knowing what they know.

Having been out there many times (fishing as a teenager years ago and recently after Bryce went missing) I have mixed feelings hearing they might be shifting focus to industrial buildings. I’m skeptical all those buildings have been searched by the property owners, so I hope this happens, but the shift might indicate they have thoroughly searched the water with sonar and losing confidence in him being in there.
My thoughts too on the industrial area, as they cover a lot of area, lots of buildings, semis, trailers, dumpsters, etc on the grounds of those companies.
I also have to wonder what evidence they had to suspect he was in the one body of water and their focus so long on that one. I think of all the time wasted on that if he is not in there.

I also have to wonder what evidence they had to suspect he was in the one body of water and their focus so long on that one. I think of all the time wasted on that if he is not in there.
There was a mention of a SAR dog picking up BB's scent near those holding ponds from what I've read. That is the only mention I've read for them believing her may be there. When I ran into SAR near Essendant, the searcher was not in the area of the ponds, but rather searching near a home. Not that that matters, just saying.

We live a few blocks away and there's just so many questions left unanswered with this whole scenario.

That area isn't the safest. I know of folks that fish back there but never go alone even in daytime.
I grew up in this immediate area and currently reside here as well. When you say it's not the safest area, what do you mean? Have you personally had experiences? I walk this area often and have never had issues at all, and I'm generally solo. Any details with this statement would be heard with open ears. Please share.

There was a mention of a SAR dog picking up BB's scent near those holding ponds from what I've read. That is the only mention I've read for them believing her may be there. When I ran into SAR near Essendant, the searcher was not in the area of the ponds, but rather searching near a home. Not that that matters, just saying.

I grew up in this immediate area and currently reside here as well. When you say it's not the safest area, what do you mean? Have you personally had experiences? I walk this area often and have never had issues at all, and I'm generally solo. Any details with this statement would be heard with open ears. Please share.
Local also. I would call the industrial, office, storage west of Hwy 13 isolated rather than unsafe. There does not appear to be a criminal, gang, homeless environment specifically along Hwy 13. That said, I wouldn't walk there at the time BB disappeared, but in normal daylight hours, I don't think it would be a problem. Around Gun Club Lake things may be different, although ending up at Gun Lake probably would have been a stretch for BB. Never been to the Yankee Tavern at Hwy 13 and Yankee Doodle, but recent online reviews are decent. Large open parking lot. It closed at 2:00am the night of the disappearance. Housing east of Hwy 13 is just a regular area, not slums/criminal.

Not sure if anyone following this is on TikTok, but a girl named Grace has posted 3 videos about Bryce in the past few days. Seems friends and family are FINALLY trying to get Bryce’s name back out there. Most people responding didn’t even know there was a missing person in Eagan…even people that live close to where he went missing. Shows the lack of coverage about him IMO. His case should have been on the news for the past month. Hopefully this keeps his case moving and puts some pressure on LE.

Not sure if anyone following this is on TikTok, but a girl named Grace has posted 3 videos about Bryce in the past few days. Seems friends and family are FINALLY trying to get Bryce’s name back out there. Most people responding didn’t even know there was a missing person in Eagan…even people that live close to where he went missing. Shows the lack of coverage about him IMO. His case should have been on the news for the past month. Hopefully this keeps his case moving and puts some pressure on LE.
Posters would help, maybe in the stores around Central Parkway.

All MOO, but I think they found something in those 1st couple of days. Maybe from the FaceTime call. Maybe from his friends. Maybe a camera on a business. Maybe his phone or belongings by the pond. Something that LE and the family knows. Is a lawsuit a reason to not have the public involved? I also heard the Rosemount police were involved in the search efforts early on and were also dismissed. Would there be a reason for that? Would that compromise a case? IDK, just thinking too much…as usual.
the friends gave an affidavit to the police, it is quoted in several articles linked in this thread. do you give an affidavit if you aren’t involved in a crime? i’m guessing yes since the friends had info necessary for police to obtain the search warrant.

why did they get a search warrant vs. doing a well check? search warrant implies that they knew for certain he wasn’t there. something was definitely found those first days that hasn’t been released

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinsandsurvivors
Back