Silver Alert TN - Victor Birchfield, 61, vehicle sighted in SC, Elizabethton, 21 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what time Fletcher walked away from his work detail. Also, what was he originally charged with?

From the timeline, it appears Fletcher encountered Birchfield between 6:53 and 7:33.

3 year probation violation charge.
However…

“Billy Fletcher was a violent offender,” Cole said. “His prior charges included kidnapping, burglary, armed burglary, and assault. This man had no business being outside on a work detail to start with. It’s sickening. It makes me angry.”

Wait, does this mean they’ve actually located the vehicle as in LE physically has it now?

A confirmed sighting of Birchfield’s vehicle was reported in the Clemson, S.C., area following his disappearance, and his vehicle has now been located in South Carolina.

Wait, does this mean they’ve actually located the vehicle as in LE physically has it now?

A confirmed sighting of Birchfield’s vehicle was reported in the Clemson, S.C., area following his disappearance, and his vehicle has now been located in South Carolina.
No, I think it just means they pinged it and know it is in the area.

Sadly, I think Birchfield is much closer to home especially since Fletcher is wearing his belongings.

Unfortunately, it seems Billy Fletcher was right in the path of Victor Birchfield.

ETA Siam, where Birchfield lives.

Attachments

• Victor Birchfield Billy Fletcher.JPG
    Victor Birchfield Billy Fletcher.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
No, I think it just means they pinged it and know it is in the area.

Sadly, I think Birchfield is much closer to home especially since Fletcher is wearing his belongings.
Can you confirm your last sentence

Last edited:

The sheriff’s office said state law enforcement received a tip regarding Fletcher’s location and deputies found and arrested him without incident at 8:38 p.m. Thursday.

Birchfield’s vehicle was recovered in South Carolina after it was spotted in the Clemson area. He remains missing.
I'm actually surprised he was captured so quickly. I was predicting another deadly carjacking after VB's card was eventually declined. I'm glad to be wrong.

The Carter County Sheriff’s Office said it is investigating Birchfield’s disappearance in connection with escaped inmate Billy Fletcher. While Fletcher was captured on July 4, the search for Birchfield isn’t over.

“We’re just asking people, please, whatever you saw at the time please notify law enforcement, even if you think it’s small,” Hayes said.

Hayes and Davison are asking people in both Carter County and Johnson County to look at camera footage that might show Birchfield in the area between 6:50 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.

In the hearing, Fletcher signed a waiver of extradition.

Cole says finding Fletcher was the first step. Now she wants to turn all the attention to finding her father.

“I understand finding the fugitive was the biggest element for that, but this isn’t over. I don’t want us to get quiet about where my dad is at or the fact that my dad is still missing – that is the most important part of this. Billy Fletcher should have never been able to walk away from this detention center to start with and now they need to work to make that as right as they possibly can,” she said.

Cole is unsure of what happened to her father but says she has a message for Fletcher.

“I'm disgusted. My dad would have given you his vehicle given you his belongings - whatever items you wanted to take from him but if you've taken him from us, if you've taken his soul from us, if he is not able to come home alive and well to us - you will answer to that.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309
Back