MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't make out if GF said, "I ate too many drugs".

If he did, it doesn't appear that any of the LE on the scene caught it either. There was conversation overlap and a lot in general going on in that little clip.

I don't think it matters whether GF uttered those words. It only matters that Nelson can keep repeating the phrase so it gets embedded in the jury's brain.

Sadly for the defense, it likely won't be enough to swing the jury to acquit, IMO, of course.

I don't think he will be acquited. And I didn't think he would before the trial even started.

But I am now leaning towards they may be able to convince at least 1 of those jurors not to convict and we might end up with a hung jury.

JMO

Reyerson is the case agent, lead investigator, on this case. He says he was notified about May 25, 2020 fairly quickly and is responsible for "knowing the course of the investigation."

Reyerson says his supervisor called him at approx. 9:45 p.m. on May 25, 2020 about an incident in Minneapolis. Reyerson and other agents went to city hall.

Reyerson: We knew that some form of critical incident had occurred, but at that point we didn't have a huge amount of information.

Reyerson confirms he took this picture of Derek Chauvin shortly after he arrived at city hall on May 25, 2020.

Reyerson says Chauvin weighed approx. 145lbs, but the gear on his duty belt and the vest added approx. 30-40lbs.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379845214647373824?s=21

I'd like the prosecution to show the "crowd" after the ambulance left. NONE of the officers cared about that crowd the moment Floyd was gone. This "crowd" problem needs to stop persisting. There was no level of threat against the police, even as the police killed a man in front of them.

I am hoping the prosecution will put this to rest in their closing argument- and they need to slam it down pretty good: it is an absurd argument but remember the defense attorney is speaking to one juror, because that is all he needs for a mistrial.

I suppose the response here mirror a jury or maybe they reflect people's preconceived notions? Some posting "Nelson is painting a fantasy" or "Nelson is beating a dead horse" as opposed to "Nelson is doing well" and "Nelson is having success with this witness".

I think this illustrates how this trial isn't a slam dunk for either side.

Very few trials are slam dunks!!!!!
For me this is a simple case though: IMO absent Chauvin putting his weight/knee- on the neck, shoulder of Mr. Floyd for 9 minutes +, Mr. Floyd would still be on this earth. The case of course becomes more confusing and difficult when phony baloney defenses are used like unruly crowds distracting the cops, etc.

I don’t think they actually called for backup, did they?
I may be assuming a bit too much here but I would expect that a police officer in a large metropolitan area in the US is used to dealing with far angrier mobs than a couple of blokes, and old man, some kids and a shouty woman.
I like your analysis of the "crowd" and so agree...Nelson needs to stop with that.

Ultimately MOO. GF is not a saint. He initially resisted arrest (but not in an aggressive way). He took drugs. Those drugs may have contributed to his death (I await testimony). But those facts do not excuse the actions of Chauvin IMO. He had a duty of care. He had a chance to save a man's life. He chose not, deliberately and knowingly. Not only did he not act. But his excessive use of force possibly (and probably) contributed to GF deteriorating health and ultimate death. MOO.

Not sure if it was that night or not.

Thanks. The guy just said "around this time."

Very few trials are slam dunks!!!!!
For me this is a simple case though: IMO absent Chauvin putting his weight/knee- on the neck, shoulder of Mr. Floyd for 9 minutes +, Mr. Floyd would still be on this earth. The case of course becomes more confusing and difficult when phony baloney defenses are used like unruly crowds distracting the cops, etc.

I agree. I would think, and it's just my opinion, that if they were that afraid of the crowd, they were negligent to not call for backup. Also, I believe dispatch is the one who called DC and TT to the scene, not TL or AJK. So if dispatch is still watching or listening, they should have sent more backup if they thought they heard an unruly crowd.

Isn't it correct that dispatch said they sent DC and TT because they heard scuffling? If that is correct, surely they heard the "unruly" crowd, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member