MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is the guy in this video, then I really hope he talks about this:

I've just started watching this during break and Tau and Chauvin were stood down from the initial call for back up - they were told they were no longer needed but Tau decided to proceed anyway for "scene security"....

ETA: only half an hour in so not sure if more detail provided later..

Back from break with senior special agent James Reyerson.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379861012938100743?s=21

Matthew Frank is asking Reyerson about an envelope he seized at the scene on May 26, 2020. Reyerson says there were two bills and a pipe.

Reyerson the BCA sent these bills to the U.S. Secret Service to be "processed."

Reyerson is now describing the pipe in the envelope and how the BCA analyzed it.

Reyerson testifies that Floyd's SUV and the squad car at the scene were processed on May 27 by the BCA Crime Scene team.

IDK. Maybe concerns about immigration violations and/or general concern about dealing with law enforcement?

I mean, if that's the case, give the video and get the police out of your business. Don't deny them and keep them around, asking and drawing attention to your business. IMO

They're now playing another Dragon Wok video, but it's not the one they meant to come up. This shows Christopher Martin, the Cup Foods clerk, approaching Floyd's SUV to ask him to return to the store.

Photo:
https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379864015162204172?s=21

After a brief discussion with Nelson, Frank says he'll "come back to that subject later."

Frank asks Reyerson if it's typical for a BCA agent to attend the autopsy. He says yes, but couldn't in this case because of COVID-19 restrictions.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379864696040394753?s=21

Reyerson says the prosecution requested Floyd's vehicle be re-processed "with a particular focus on additional few specific items to include a potential pill." This was in Dec. 2020.

Reyerson says the defense requested to view Squad 320 at the secure lot and they "identified something in the backseat, a pill..."

Reyerson then had the squad re-processed.

• (ETA: IMO, I don't think from the video, that DC et al heard the statement "I ate too many drugs", which is why IMO, they didn't administer Narcan)
IMO, Nelson specifically used that clip to show that
1) in the heat of the moment, important details can be missed, which supports
2) the scene was chaotic and tense, which supports
3) a level of force had to be used and finally
4) Mr Floyd himself admitted to taking "too many drugs".

IMO, that doesn't necessarily mean I, you, (or the jury) will or will not believe all of that, but it is the defense's job to challenge witnesses and question the prosecution's version of events.

Excellent. You are pointing out that Nelson used it to say that in the heat of the moment, that it may have been missed. Yet just 8 minutes prior in the post that I did he was stating that he knew.

I just do no like when stuff is allowed to go both ways to perhaps Yet it is the LAW to give a rigorous defense... and is outright misleading again and again as Nelson has done MOO

Analagous to folks here were so very upset that the other man in GF car was allowed to plead the 5th and were all over such.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, that is exactly what the other three... Lane, Thao, Keung and Chauvin are doing yet this person was targeted and said so wrong to plead fifth???

MOO

F: Incidentally, agent Ryerson you yourself in working on the case. Have you been in squad 320.
R: Yes.
F: Do you know what kind of vehicle squad 320 is?
R: Hybrid.
F: What does that mean to be a hybrid vehicle?
R: It operates on a gas traditional engine and electronic.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379866443387396096?s=21

Reyerson says they were confused that when they started squad 320, they didn't hear the engine start. Realized it was "running on the battery rather than the gas engine."

Reyerson confirms it has a catalytic converter which reduces toxic emissions.

Excellent. You are pointing out that Nelson used it to say that in the heat of the moment, that it may have been missed. Yet just 8 minutes prior in the post that I did he was stating that he knew.

I just do no like when stuff is allowed to go both ways to perhaps Yet it is the LAW to give a rigorous defense... and is outright misleading again and again as Nelson has done MOO

Analagous to folks here were so very upset that the other man in GF car was allowed to plead the 5th and were all over such.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, that is exactly what the other three... Lane, Thao, Keung and Chauvin are doing yet this person was targeted and said so wrong to plead fifth???

MOO

I agree Nelson has been "both waysing" it. For example, he argues that the knee on the neck is reasonable and then he says DC didn't even have the knee on the neck -- which is it?

Why are we spending days talking about a knee on a neck being acceptable or not if this photo Nelson wants to toss around is the truth? If the knee was not on the neck, Nelson should have showed every witness the photo and argued that DC never even put it on the neck.

Did I just hear an objection there? Quickly overruled. What's he objecting to? The submitted evidence being played again. Hasn't he presented his 'shoulder blade' stills multiple times...

TW: They're now playing BWC video.

Frank asks where Chauvin's knees are. Reyerson says the left appears to be on the back of Floyd's neck and the other appears to be on the right.

Photo:
https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1379867117781155846?s=21

TW: This video has audio so it could be tough to watch/listen. It's also spliced with matching times from Darnella’s cell phone video.

TW:

Frank: So is this the moment in the encounter between Mr. Floyd & Mr Chauvin and Mr Floyd appears to stop making verbal sounds, talking.
Reyerson: Yes sir.

I had no idea Chauvin was so small in stature. 140lbs is a very small guy. I'm 5'10'/175lbs and not a big guy but to think I outweigh Chauvin by 35lbs is surprising. Very possible the defense tries to use this angle.

Did I just hear an objection there? Quickly overruled. What's he objecting to? The submitted evidence being played again. Hasn't he presented his 'shoulder blade' stills multiple times...

I wish we could hear those objections better... I didn't even hear it!

When news broke during jury selection/pretrial hearings that the BCA missed drugs in the squad car -- and had to search again after prompting from the defense -- many viewers asked me if it's possible the defense planted them. SA Reyerson testified that the car was still sealed.

https://twitter.com/louraguse/status/1379866928651636746?s=21

But the fact that question even needs to be asked will tell you how bad of a look that is for the BCA.

Regardless, all that matters in the trial is what the jury hears. And it was presented to them in the way most favorable to the prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV