MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #13 - Chauvin Trial Day 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally think of things in a "but for" paradigm. Baker goes on to clarify his findings in light of Nelson's attempts to impeach him.

Nelson goes back to trying to split hairs on the difference medical homicide vs legal homicide.

Wow Nelson can't stop asking hypothetical questions because he has NOTHING.

I don't hold it against them for asking hypotheticals.

I've seen numerous trials over the years where the DA, and the defense have asked them. That's why it's legal to do so when either side ask them as long as the judge agrees.

As long as the Judge allows them to be asked it doesn't bother me one way or the other no matter which side asks them.

Jmho

Paraphrasing “you pull out what I said and we can go over it. I’m not doing your work for you.”

he knows that Nelson is trying to impeach him so his snarky comments back to Nelson are wonderful. He’s not changing his answer of he died from those issues because of compression on his neck!

Would GF have died if the compression only lasted 5 mins, for example? Would his heart condition or effects of fentanyl usage (exacerbated by the encounter with LE) have killed him regardless? Would the restraint have had the same effect on an otherwise healthy person? These are questions I have only after Dr. Baker’s testimony.

Fairly certain we could see the reflection of a juror on the plexi-glass then...

Blackwell will bring it home...and he just did...short and good thoughts to leave with the jury but guess they will continue.

https://twitter.com/DannySpewak/status/1380619271177396230

NELSON: "In terms of the placing of Mr. Chauvin’s knee, would that explain... would that anatomically cut off Mr. Floyd’s air?" DR. BAKER: "In my opinion, it would not."

For the many asking about how this impacts "intent" in the minds of the jurors, remember, second-degree murder requires proof that Chauvin intended to commit felony assault leading to Floyd's death. It doesn't require proof that he specifically intended to kill Floyd.

Would GF have died if the compression only lasted 5 mins, for example? Would his heart condition or effects of fentanyl usage (exacerbated by the encounter with LE) have killed him regardless? Would the restraint have had the same effect on an otherwise healthy person? These are questions I have only after Dr. Baker’s testimony.

This is why the prosecution had a pulminologist, toxicoligist and pathologist on the stand first to answer those questions before you had those questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState