MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #13 - Chauvin Trial Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Baker talks so fast that I don’t think Nelson would dare cut him off like he did Miss Hansen.

I think ‘caused’ and ‘contributed’ are commonly misconceived as being interchangeable. They’re not. Several things contributed to his death but didn’t cause his death. That’s the way I’m understanding it anyway.
I'm of the same opinion.

*giggle* oh dr. Baker. That was cute.

I think that the most important part of the autopsy was the cause of death. The cause of death supports the prosecution's case, so I think they went with the 'less is more' method here. Allowing the report to speak for itself.

Edited out double quote. My error
probably waiting for re-direct to make final points with ME

Dr Baker talks so fast that I don’t think Nelson would dare cut him off like he did Miss Hensen.
Yeah, I thought he said he would expect the weight of the heart of a man Floyd's size to be around 521 grams, then quickly went on to say that since his heart weighed 541 grams it was unusually large. That doesn't seem that much bigger to me. Also, he doesn't take into account that he was physically active and in good shape. Athletes tend to have bigger hearts. He hasn't convinced me that the size of his heart indicated severe heart disease. Otherwise why didn't he take a photograph?

It's also very strange that he didn't want to see the video at first. Since there were no crime scene photos, I would think that would be important. Imo

"A subject would have to have had an anoxic brain incident for a long time to have visible damage" (Paraphrased), there goes that.

Yeah, I thought he said he would expect the weight of the heart of a man Floyd's size to be around 521 grams, then quickly went on to say that since his heart weighed 541 grams it was unusually large. That doesn't seem that much bigger to me. Also, he doesn't take into account that he was physically active and in good shape. Athletes tend to have bigger hearts. He hasn't convinced me that the size of his heart indicated severe heart disease. Otherwise why didn't he take a photograph?

It's also very strange that he didn't want to see the video at first. Since there were no crime scene photos, I would think that would be important.
Imo

i can see why he wouldn’t want to see the video first.

He's making a point about lack of any bruising or signs of damage to the neck area.

That is the only point he's made IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member