MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #13 - Chauvin Trial Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@cathyrusson
·
5m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Dr. Baker is giving his background. He is a much anticipated witness as cause of death is central to this case.

4m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Jerry Blackwell wastes no time and gets right to the autopsy of #GeorgeFloyd by asking him what information he had about the death at the time of autopsy. He purposely didn't watch any videos as to not bias his findings.

Not gonna lie y’all, I’m excited to see the cross for Dr. Baker. I feel like he’s gonna school Nelson with his questioning.

I'm still catching up but I too am getting increasingly annoyed with Nelson's "questions" with his hypothetical situation.

"The prone position, generally speaking, is not inherently dangerous right? Massage therapists use it & it's not dangerous right? Just talking about the prone position and no other factors"

Well that's great Nelson but there ARE other factors involved. An officer holding down a handcuffed man by using mostly his knee for pressure, an officer who stayed in that position for nearly 3 minutes after GF stopped responding at all & State witness said after he took his last breath."

None of this is one factor only....Any line of questioning around situations that are is just disingenuous but I think he's doing what the Defense needs right now IMHO.

Replying to @cathyrusson and @LawCrimeNetwork
Why is chauvin in on the sidebars. Plz answer this
@cathyrusson
·
7m
It's his right to hear the sidebars or at least have knowledge. Defendants have the right to aid in their defense. Some courts we see defendant with headphones, some trials we've covered the defendant actually goes up to the bench with attorneys.

3m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Dr. Baker testifies #GeorgeFloyd's heart showed no evidence of prior heart damage

Not gonna lie y’all, I’m excited to see the cross for Dr. Baker. I feel like he’s gonna school Nelson with his questioning.
I hope he asks about this -
prosecutors said that preliminary results from an autopsy "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

MOO

Well so far today the most astonishing question of the day goes to Nelson...something about "laying in the prone position at the pool in Florida"....you can't make this stuff up. Really Mr. Nelson?

@cathyrusson
·
15m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Dr. Baker saw no brain damage indicating oxygen deprivation

9m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Dr. Baker: The fact that #GeorgeFloyd had Covid 7-8 weeks prior didn't factor into his decision.

4m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Baker says the M.E.'s primary role is cause of death, manner of death and how injury occurred.
3m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Again showing the manners of death. Blackwell asks Baker if drug overdose is "accidental" , he says most of them are, but some are "suicide".

1m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest (heart and lungs stopped) complicating law enforcement subdual, restart and neck compression

boy the state kept that short and sweet...a bit unusual as they usually really get into the weeds with these guys. What do you all think of that? Seemed to use the previous witness for more details than the guy who did the autopsy?

Baker is point blank with that last testimony. Drugs did not cause Mr. Floyd's death, heart condition did not cause death. Mr. Flyd's death was caused by law enforcement subdual, restraint and compression. (paraphrased)

boy the state kept that short and sweet...a bit unusual as they usually really get into the weeds with these guys. What do you all think of that? Seemed to use the previous witness for more details than the guy who did the autopsy?

short and sweet like you said, and nailed it home with drugs didn’t cause death and neither did heart issues.

“Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest (heart and lungs stopped) complicating law enforcement subdual, restart and neck compression”

The word “complicating” is very confusing to me. Even Dr Thomas seemed unclear about its medical meaning. If he meant “caused by” or “resulting from,” why not just state that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches