MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #15 - Chauvin Trial Day 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This video of Chang with Hill is great for the defense. Listen to her comments about GF's behavior and not doing what they're telling him to and she's trying to yell at him to do what they say.
I agree. She’s not trying to convince them he’s claustrophobic. She can’t figure out why he won’t just comply.

Hall tells Chang he doesn’t know Floyd, only from his work as a security guard at the Salvation Army. Shawanda Hill tells Chang Floyd is her ex.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382001988725043202?s=21

Nelson pauses the video here. You can see in the left corner Genevieve Hansen, the off-duty firefighter, walk by Chang, Hill & Hall.

Shawanda just walked over and looked around to see the scene in front of Cup Foods. You can briefly hear Donald Williams and other bystanders yelling.

You can hear Williams say “He’s not responsive right now.”

At this point you hear Shawanda Hill say “they did something to him…”

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382002981701312513?s=21

So, Chang wasn't even near GF, he was just a babysitter for the other two that were in the car. Ridiculous.

Chang tells Hill & Hall that they called an ambulance for Floyd. Hill says, “They hurt him?” She then walks over the corner, ignoring Chang’s commands, to look at the scene. “He’s on the ground and everything!”

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382003392042655749?s=21

Shawanda yells “why is he going to the hospital?” And Chang says, “Shawanda, you’re not helping.”
There’s a lot of motion in the video because Chang is turning to look at Cup Foods and Hill/Hall.

Chang tells Shawanda that once his partners are done they can ask them what happened.

I still hear no mob being aggressive. I hear angry outcries "what are you doing?! He can't breathe." At this point in the video EMS is on the way, George has been in distress for a while or is now dead. I don't hear a mob being threatening. I hear citizens asking why and expressing very legitimate concern over the actions of the officers.

I don't support the defense in any way. I think DC is guilty. But in this country, the defense deserves a fair representation

I think Shawanda Hill was a good witness for defense. She showed that GF was nodding off in the car, couldn't stay awake, was under the influence of drugs. This is bottom line for Nelson. Drugs did it.

Exactly! This is what the defense is going for.

Nelson's bottom line (after angry mob etc... and spaghetti model of defense)

He indeed for defense I agree with you. this is "the bottom line" for Nelson. Yet MOO helps me have a stronger belief in my opinions as to defense "false" stances.

Thanks for helping point out to have more conviction in my opinion.

re: the crowd

I think it’s often important in these situations to be proactive rather than reactive, when possible. Although the crowd never got out of hand (IMO), I did see moments where it seemed like they were about to. I can see the officers being uncomfortable. You never know when things will escalate.
Honestly for that much commotion in that area...remarkably small "crowd" as evidence well from this video.

Did the older gentleman who tried to convince GF to get in the car come over to Hill and Hall say “he *advertiser censored**ed up” or “they *advertiser censored**ed up”?

Did the older gentleman who tried to convince GF to get in the car come over to Hill and Hall say “he *advertiser censored**ed up” or “they *advertiser censored**ed up”?

He IMO
Saw that clip somewhere before? may have been in his testimony, but not sure.

@AJillSimons
Witness Charles McMillian then approaches Hill and Hall, "Somebody call his family, he's up." They kept... on his neck," he said gesturing. “What?" Hill asked?

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
17m
#DereKChauvinTrial - Morries Hall tells ofc. Chang his name is "William Ricardo"

Shawanda eventually walks up to the corner where she can see #GeorgeFloyd on the other side of the patrol car and asks why he's being taken to the hospital.

Hall tells Kueng that his partner has his info meaning Lane. We know at this point Lane is riding in the ambulance. Kueng tells Chang that HIll and Hall are good to go. Chang, "I don't know about that."

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
11m
Jury continues to watch officer Chang's body worn camera footage. Chang is tasked w/ keeping track of #GeorgeFloyd companions Morries Hall & Shawanda Hill. They were also in SUV. Morries appears to give a bogus name. Officer Chang tells them Floyd "is making it more difficult."

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

CM was telling SH how the officers were on his neck. GF may have not complied in the beginning but by the end he was definitely complying as evidenced by the video. Witnesses may have assumed he was still resisting since the officers were still restraining him. We now know he was not resisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member