MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #15 - Chauvin Trial Day 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank: Once you walk over to the far side of the road over by the Dragon Wok, you could no longer see what was going on with Mr. Floyd.
Chang: Yeah.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382007676016734208?s=21

Frank: You assumed when you were doing that that those 4 officers were okay over there because there were 4 of them. Chang: Yes.
F: And if they had radioed for help, you would have heard it over your radio.
C: Yes.
F: they never radiod for help?
C: No.

Witness dismissed.

Now taking a 10 minute break.

If it’s reasonable to understand how an unarmed black man will immediately begin to yell “DON’T SHOOT!” when first encountering a law enforcement officer, it should also be reasonable to fathom how an officer involved in the arrest of an unarmed black man (or any person for that matter) will feel threatened by any amount of people who gather around a scene; yelling, standing, pacing, video recording, whatever the case may be.
Any number of people gathering and/or yelling can turn on a dime. Maybe I watch to many live streams but that is my opinion.

One of the WP reporters said something I agree with. Paraphrased, “If a crowd, yelling or talking, leads you to cause the death of someone, this may not be the profession for you.”

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1m
#DerekChauvinTrial - On cross exam Frank asks Chang - When you pulled up the officers on scene had called code 4? Chang says yes, and clarifies that means "scene safety".

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
7m
Officer Chang testimony is finished. Judge Cahill calls 10 minute break to check on availability of next defense witness. Then all sides head into chambers to talk. Is this the Morries Hall moment? Stay tuned...

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

wondering if Hall left...

If you think that a witness is high on the stand (is that what you are saying?) can you explain why you think that it makes the defense looks good?

TIA

And I keep saying this was GF's ex..

can someone please bump such information.

TIA
In answer to your question about GF's high associates/friends........Defense theory is drugs did it. GF's friends high. You know, birds of a feather and all that. I am not defending Chauvin, I need to tell you again, DC is guilty as H----, in my opinion. But I am pointing out what the defense is going after. I am not challenging, just stating.

@AJillSimons
Witness Charles McMillian then approaches Hill and Hall, "Somebody call his family, he's ****** up." They kept... on his neck," he said gesturing. “What?" Hill asked?

hmmm I just went back, I still hear him say "he *advertiser censored**** up" SH says 'they *advertiser censored***** him up?', he repeats, he f'd up he f'd up...

There is some cross talk, so it's not easy to hear. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. What does everyone else hear?

re: the crowd

I think it’s often important in these situations to be proactive rather than reactive, when possible. Although the crowd never got out of hand (IMO), I did see moments where it seemed like they were about to. I can see the officers being uncomfortable. You never know when things will escalate.
I can understand them being uncomfortable or even intimidated but what I don't understand is why they didn't react to their concern. Why assume both the Firefighter and Williams were wrong, especially about Floyd not moving or breathing? It just seemed like too big a risk to take. I wonder if they would have checked his pulse at all if the crowd hadn't been there.

The defense recalls MPD Officer Nicole Mackenzie.

She previously testified during the state’s case. She’s the medical support coordinator for the department.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382013186975600644?s=21

Nelson asks Mackenzie about excited delirium. Judge Cahill informs jurors about why MPD training on it is being introduced.

I'm not sure I was ever persuadable and I may be alone in this but Mr. Floyd could have been mainlining heroin in front of Chauvin and I still wouldn't believe it removed culpability from the officers involved.

JMO

If it’s reasonable to understand how an unarmed black man will immediately begin to yell “DON’T SHOOT!” when first encountering a law enforcement officer, it should also be reasonable to fathom how an officer involved in the arrest of an unarmed black man (or any person for that matter) will feel threatened by any amount of people who gather around a scene; yelling, standing, pacing, video recording, whatever the case may be.

Exactly, if LE weren't trained.

But they were trained...

and have much much experience (in the case of Chauvin two decades?) for being around folks that are filming and stating the person isn't responding, he can't breathe etc?

(or yelling standing, pacing, video recording... which many now can understand that yelling to help the person, standing, pacing, video recording... not really a threat?)

Is that analagous to someone with a gun??? All those that were asking to check his pulse etc.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill