MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hall can use the 5th then surely Ms Hill from yesterday could have also?

Hall is currently in the pokey, so has access to lawyers.. free of charge/public defenders. MOO

It was asked if she had any, she said no. She's not in the pokey.

Lawyers make such a difference MOO

Last edited:
It just demonstrates how much power the ME has over a case. Unless they rule it homicide then the victim doesn’t see justice. If this guy did Gf’s autopsy he’d have ruled it natural causes and we wouldn’t be at trial today IMO How many homicide victims have been labelled as accidental deaths and put to one side by ME’s like this one? The mind boggles :eek:

very interesting - from your linked article

The determination in Black’s case was part of a broader pattern of the medical examiner’s office relying on police narratives in cases involving deaths in custody, the complaint on behalf of the Black family argues. Between 2013 and 2019, 30 percent of deaths involving a law enforcement officer reviewed by Maryland’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner were classified as “accidents,” “undetermined,” or due to “natural causes,” according to data released by the state.
Honestly, this was part of my issue with Dr. Baker. I'm not accusing him of unprofessionalism but I found myself thinking about how closely these folks work with one another and how that may impact inherent bias.

If someone deals with police daily on a professional basis, I'd think it could easily lead a subconscious favorability on law enforcement as a whole.

JMO

very interesting - from your linked article

The determination in Black’s case was part of a broader pattern of the medical examiner’s office relying on police narratives in cases involving deaths in custody, the complaint on behalf of the Black family argues. Between 2013 and 2019, 30 percent of deaths involving a law enforcement officer reviewed by Maryland’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner were classified as “accidents,” “undetermined,” or due to “natural causes,” according to data released by the state.

Did anyone click the 'data' link?

I wonder if other states do this? They have every year reported since 2013 and I just looked at 2019, but it's interesting.

Dr. David Fowler, the chief medical examiner of Maryland for nearly two decades called as a defense witness in the trial of Derek Chauvin, is being sued for wrongful death and civil rights violations by the family of Anton Black, a 19-year-old Black teenager who died in police custody.

Chauvin Defense Witness Faces Lawsuit of His Own Over Death of Black Teenager in Police Custody

One coming up from Brevard in Fla. has a very interesting background as to his office having someone fired for falsifying.
I think it’s Blackwell. He was the one objecting earlier. The objecting atty is usually the examining atty.

Excellent observation and catch by an experienced WSer :cool:

Is he forgetting the knee?
He thinks GF had a sudden cardiac arrest due to his heart condition, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.

You can’t ignore the actions of Chauvin, he was literally kneeling on his neck. What did he think of the video? Can’t wait for the cross on this flump.

Despite the lovely accent I am nodding off during Fowler's testimony. Vehicle exhaust may have contributed to killing GF?

I have seen a lot of stretching in this defense but surely that rubber band will snap back on Nelson if he reaches much further with the contributing factor argument.

Maybe the meth killed him
or the fentanyl
or his high blood pressure
or his heart condition
or the distracting angry mob
or the car exhaust
but surely not the knee in the neck and weight of officer Chauvin on his back (chest) for 9 long minutes. Surely not that. o_O

Is he forgetting the knee?
He thinks GF had a sudden cardiac arrest due to his heart condition, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.

You can’t ignore the actions of Chauvin, he was literally kneeling on his neck. What did he think of the video? Can’t wait for the cross on this flump.
Don't forget the exhaust fumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member