MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by this. If GF had no pulse when the EMS picked him up, are you saying it might be EMS's fault for being unable to get his pulse back? I'm under the impression that he didn't have a pulse when they got to him. Isn't that correct?

If it helps at all, this is a mini timeline I did a while back. Three mins between EMTs arriving and CPR being started. (UK) paramedic that I spoke to found this to be a surprising delay.

20:27.45 EMT Smith checks for carotid pulse and checks pupils. All three police officers are still holding GF down
20:28.40 EMTs have stretcher ready. All three police officers are still on GF
20:27.45 police officers get off and GF is loaded onto stretcher still cuffed
20:29.30 GF is in the ambulance.
20:29.42 coppers belting him to the stretcher. EMT removes GF’s cuffs and vest
20:30.43 Smith checking again for a pulse. Still no chest compressions
20:30.47 Officer Lane begins chest compressions at EMT’s direction

If it helps at all, this is a mini timeline I did a while back. Three mins between EMTs arriving and CPR being started. (UK) paramedic that I spoke to found this to be a surprising delay.

20:27.45 EMT Smith checks for carotid pulse and checks pupils. All three police officers are still holding GF down
20:28.40 EMTs have stretcher ready. All three police officers are still on GF
20:27.45 police officers get off and GF is loaded onto stretcher still cuffed
20:29.30 GF is in the ambulance.
20:29.42 coppers belting him to the stretcher. EMT removes GF’s cuffs and vest
20:30.43 Smith checking again for a pulse. Still no chest compressions
20:30.47 Officer Lane begins chest compressions at EMT’s direction

I noted this from Dr. Toobin's testimony, you may be interested...

last breath was at 20:25:16 (according to Dr. Toobin)

paramedics arrived at 20:27:45

20:35:06 was when oxygen was first pumped back into him.

I wouldn’t blame the prosecutors if they feel like this judge is biased against them and they’re smarting a bit as a result. That’s how I took Blackwell’s head shake when the judge made a big deal about that portion of questioning. It was obvious what Blackwell was doing with that line of questioning. It was in the judge’s discretion. That was an impeachment question and Blackwell was reading the key portions to impeach the witness! I’ve seen many judges make a quick comment “ask a question soon” etc without making a big deal of it! JMO

This witness has just been backed into the corner. He just admitted in a round about way that Chauvin should have done CPR because he may have not been dead after he stopped breathing. Not good for the Defense.

In my opinion it was a mistake for Nelson to allow him to offer opinions on anything other than the medical examiner's report of Dr. Baker. It seems to me that he wanted to use this witness to contradict all the other witnesses, the cardiologist, pulmonologist, toxicologist and so forth. Mr. Blackwell is getting this witness to admit he is not a pulmonologist and would need to defer to one. Will this line of questioning continue until he admits he is not an expert in all those other areas therefore can not offer expert opinion and must defer to experts in those fields? JMO

Dr. Martin Tobin:
Using "precise science," Tobin said Floyd lapsed into unconsciousness shortly before 8:25 p.m. on May 25 as his oxygen levels plummeted. Floyd stopped breathing 23 seconds later and "didn't have an ounce of oxygen in his body" less than a minute after losing consciousness, Tobin said.

JB: Do you feel that Mr. Floyd should have been given the needed emergency attention to try to reverse the cardiac arrest?
DF: As a physician I would agree.

JB: Are you critical on the fact that he wasn't given immediate emergency care when he went into cardiac arrest?
DF: As a physician I would agree.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382416594522025990?s=21

Blackwell had asked about the moment Floyd’s leg lifted and it being a sign of a brain injury. Dr. Fowler explained it’s a sign the brainstem is not functioning correctly.

JB: At the very least, we know the brain is suffering from insufficient oxygen.
DF: Yes.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382417344379637760?s=21

Well yes okay. We know he took pills at some point before but to imply he was caught on camera multiple times over a period of time holding a pill in his mouth is just stupid. He had low levels of meth and "normal" levels of fentanyl in his system so we know he wasn't popping pills every minute. It's a desperate attempt from defence IMO.

Yeah, I'm kind of like you with the pill thing. I'm just imagining how hard it would be for GF to talk as much as he did with pills in his mouth. They'd be flying out all over the place, I'd think. It's amazing that he'd hold onto one pill that long with all the talking that had been going on, but then I was thinking that maybe he had one pill or two under his tongue, just letting it dissolve on purpose. Can you get high like that? I don't know. Or maybe he coughed it up when he hit his head on the plexiglass in the car? I don't know. I have had pills stick in my throat and feel as if they didn't go down before, so IDk.

But I do know it really doesn't make sense that he is trying to swallow his pills to keep from getting caught, but two pills are left in the car. If we believe SH, then he was asleep anyway and didn't see the cops coming. So what would make him start popping pills? When did he have time to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop