MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #4 - Chauvin Trial Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crump and Sharpton should not be doing this presser right before opening statements.
I'm sure the Judge will address this when court resumes. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. What happens if any juror see this?

I am choosing to watch the trial on the MN Star Tribune site. I watched all of the jury selection there. Absolutely ZERO talking heads and MSM opinions... Just the trial. Just like a juror would see. There is no scrolling chat full of trolls, just the streaming trial. When I want opinions, I stop in here!

Watch live: Opening statements in Chauvin trial at 9 a.m.

Crump and Sharpton should not be doing this presser right before opening statements.
I'm sure the Judge will address this when court resumes. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. What happens if any juror see this?

This is very common in high profile trials. Even way back with Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias. The media at those trials had places they were allowed by court to do.. and had large pressers at that site.

I don't think an issue MOO. It's very common MOO in high profile cases to have pressers outside court. New to this state is doing media in court, we shall see.

And they are doing no "calls for violence " etc.

Last edited:
Good morning, all. Has the judge said how much time he's allotting each side for their opening arguments?

With Florida trials, it is stated, but haven't seen such for this case.

We are on seal now.

WE ARE LIVE WITH JUDGE NOW

Judge says expect #15 to be kicked, and will start with opening at 9:30..... motions right now.

ETA #2: Judge says will start early at 9:20 ET as all jurors are there

Last edited:
Judge and both parties are being very careful with how things are portrayed. State filed a motion on already agreed upon terms for opening just to be extra clear. No one is taking any chances!

The brother from NY who spoke last was good. (Edited to add: And no one can deny Sharpton’s oratory skills!)

Listen, I’m not saying they don’t have a right to be heard. Nobody has denied them that since George’s death. The whole world rallied for them, in fact. But this press conference is pure theatre organized by Crump and Sharpton.
Agree pure theater which is Crump's speciality.

Rev. Al Sharpton, Attorney Ben Crump and George Floyd’s family take a knee for 8 minutes and 46 seconds (this morning) to mark the length of time that Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kept his knee on George Floyd’s neck.

Video:
https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1376534662995181570?s=21

it was a very solemn event. Eight minutes and 46 seconds is a really long time. Retired LAPD officer on CNN noted that their department policy is when the person has been handcuffed, police are to stop applying force. George Floyd didn't present a danger to those officers, there was no need to kneel on his neck and cut off his air supply.

Remibds me of a tragic story several years ago at the Lake of the Ozarks in MO. A state police officer arrested and cuffed a man for being drunk while driving a boat. He was taking him to shore in the police boat, hit a swell, the man fell overboard and drowned. People are pretty much helpless once they're handcuffed.

Looks like Keith Ellison and Blackwell are sitting in front at the prosecution table. I thought Ellison was not going to be active in the prosecution!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver