MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #4 - Chauvin Trial Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Chauvin didn't let up on #GeorgeFloyd ... Because he felt the power he had and when the bystanders begged him to let up...he pressed harder, he wasn't going to let anyone tell him what to do, no matter what.
Agree and his nonchalant look about him was disgusting. Hand in his pocket looking as tho he was pondering a grocery list!

Not too many - I'll wait longer for her to post a bunch....

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
5m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Chauvin is not looking at the video.

4m
We hear the voice of Donald Williams, bystander. He is a mixed martial arts expert and will be testifying. He's in the grey hoodie and grey shorts. You can hear him begging officers to get off of Floyd saying he's not breathing.

4m
Blackwell about #GeorgeFloyd: He's "pancaked" with the pavement underneath him and Chauvin on top of him.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

IMO had any of the bystanders physically intervened they would have been thrown in the back of a squad car. My heart goes out to them witnessing this........

If this was my neighbor, I now am convinced (well, we never know until it happens) that if my neighbor had this happen.... I am more leaning to that I would push the LE off.

I would bum rush.

Who knows in real life, but this event will be forever in my brain like someone dying in a fire. I won't think.. I will risk...

And YES, I appreciate when/if folks say guilty .. point to which of the 3 charges.
Strictly my opinion:
2nd degree, intent: you can infere the intention from the long time Chauvin knelt on Floyd, specially the amount of time he kept on pressing after he had already passed out.

If it's anything less than 3rd: evincing a depraved mind with no regards for human life, I don't know what to say.

I saw that too. He was rocking adding his weight and putting his hand in his pocket to add further weight. To me he was purposefully putting more pressure on him
Yeah, we were just discussing that last night. He adjusted his weight and applied more pressure, and sprayed pepper spray, which can also have an affect on someone already struggling to breathe.

Good morning. Haven't been active here in quite a while, but the death of this man, the sheer nonchalant brutality of it, has never left my mind. Glad to see a trial thread. Hoping for some much needed justice.

Rev Sharpton likes to rev the crowd up and send them out of control, when possible. I hope that doesn't happen today, on day one of the trial.

I agree, Katy. There simply is no need for him to do so. I don't even understand why he's even there at this time. Now if he wants to quietly sit in the courtroom listening to the trial that's understandable.

I trust the jury to do the right thing once hearing all of the evidence presented. I also trust the DA to do his job.

I don't understand why others can't just let justice take it's course.

There isn't any reason to incite the passions of anyone especially when the trial has just begun. The prosecutor is excellent in laying out the case.

If the jurors see Sharpton already there they may feel intimidated, and fearful. No jury should feel intimidated or fearful even one as sad as George's.

Plus it gives the defense more appellate issues if the defendant is convicted.

I'm sure the DA wishes they wouldnt do this either, and wishes they'd just let him do his job.

Jmho

Strictly my opinion:
2nd degree, intent: you can infere the intention from the long time Chauvin knelt on Floyd, specially the amount of time he kept on pressing after he had already passed out.

If it's anything less than 3rd: evincing a depraved mind with no regards for human life, I don't know what to say.
Yes, and they don't even need to show intent. As long as Floyd's death was caused while committing another crime (assault) he can be found guilty of second degree murder. Murder with intent and premeditation would be first degree murder, I think. Imo

Excellent prosecution opening IMO! Just the right tone! I learned a lot that’s even worse than I originally thought! Wow!

Nelson is now arguing to the one or two jurors that he hopes will hang this jury!

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1m
#DerekChauvinTrial - NOTE: Law&Crime Network is NOT taking breaks during these opening statements. You will not miss a minute.

6m
Blackwell on autopsy report - "Homicide" is Manner of death. He tells jurors that means on an autopsy report the person "Died at the hands of another
Press release.png

5m
Blackwell explains there are FIVE possible Manners of Death that a medical examiner can list on an autopsy report. Natural, Accident, Suicide, Homicide or Undetermined

Manner of death.jpg

Prosecution just wrapped up opening statements by laying out who George Floyd was as a person

George.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Me too.. might be on another version. We are likely to see that multiple times. I am not sure I can watch any of those videos again
I hear you. I was laser focused on Chauvin's menacing look when he whipped out the mace. If that's when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155