MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #4 - Chauvin Trial Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 1st time I’ve seen the entire video. It’s absolutely disgusting. I could never treat another human being like that.

I am not a doctor but I have a mild lung disease. Struggling to breathe can induce panic attacks. Your heart rate can go way up. I know without a doubt that if I was laying face down on pavement with a knee being pressed into my neck and I’m struggling to breathe that I would die without medical intervention. I’ve called 911 many times.

JMO

This is the 1st time I’ve seen the entire video. It’s absolutely disgusting. I could never treat another human being like that.

I am not a doctor but I have a mild lung disease. Struggling to breathe can induce panic attacks. Your heart rate can go way up. I know without a doubt that if I was laying face down on pavement with a knee being pressed into my neck and I’m struggling to breathe that I would die without medical intervention. I’ve called 911 many times.

JMO
Same here... I would have a panic attack by just being held down...

All this time I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, but I watched it in the DAs opening statement.

I am very interested in seeing all of the video evidence available from the time George entered the store, and when he was in the Mercedes including when he was first arrested then put in the police car before the Chavin video.

This should be one of the most interesting trials I've followed lately.

Rarely is the DA, and defense equally excellent adversaries.

May justice be done.

Jmho
I'm looking forward to hearing the reason why officer Lane approached the vehicle with his gun drawn, and if the officers ever checked the twenty to verify it was counterfeit before arresting him.

He was calm when they first arrested him. He thanked the officers when they sat him down. He mentioned several times that he couldn't breathe, but he didn't seem to resist until Chauvin arrived at the scene and there was a struggle inside the police vehicle.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
24m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Nelson has concluded his openings. Judge takes morning break. Watch @LawCrimeNetwork
with @RBianchiEsq
for legal analysis during this break. @LawCrimeNetwork
Quote Tweet
Kim Johnson
@KimJohnsonCFT
· 25m
Defense closed opening statement by saying Floyd died from drugs in system, hypertension and not asphyxia #derekchaivintrial

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
23m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Nelson tells the jury the growing crowd was a concern, Chauvin was following training and experience and #GeorgeFloyd died from a bad heart, drugs and other things. @LawCrimeNetwork
Quote Tweet
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
· 25m
Nelson: the evidence will show Mr. Floyd died from a bad heart, drugs and other things. You will find Mr. Chauvin not guilty #DerekChauvin #GeorgeFloyd @LawCrimeNetwork

Cathyrusson
·
21m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Yes, our legal experts have been split on if he will testify.
Quote Tweet
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
· 21m
Interesting note: No mention of #DerekChauvin testifying in defense opening statement. I have talked to people who think he will testify. Other people say he won't b/c of federal grand jury and statements could be used against him #GeorgeFloyd @LawCrimeNetwork

First witness for the state is 911 dispatcher, Jena Scurry.
ExqPnBwU4AM4ssx

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

They seem to be having technical problems this morning...

Cathy Russon Retweeted
Linda Kenney Baden (she/her)
@KenneyBaden
·
3m
According to #JerryBlackwell State-a 911 dispatcher could see through a special camera everything that was happening-w as so disturbed by seeing what she never saw before she made a call to a supervisor. #GeorgeFloyd #DerekChauvintrial @LawCrimeNetwork
Is #JenaScurry the one?

7m
Portion of the 911 document now on the screen. The report was a male provided a counterfeit bill to the business....
ExqUG4kU8AAe-vt

2m
Now playing 911 dispatch call.

Who is the guy asking the questions? TIA! :)

Only 1 tweet....

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
15m
Few notes form pool reporter inside court during video: one juror draw sharp breath, as Floyd says I cant breathe, “everything hurts”. One Juror has her hand on her temple. Grandmother in 60s staring intently at the video, brow furrowed.

don't know if @Chelly is here? Do you want to take over the tweets when it gets too late for me to stay up? If not, it's okay - I can always copy/paste them in the morning - I'm sure there will be a ton! :)

Prosecution now playing some video from elevated city security cameras directly across from Cup Foods. Exhibit #11 is basically the vantage looking down from the Speedway signage at 38/Chicago intersection. Dispatcher Scurry telling jurors what she remembers watching that PM.

https://twitter.com/paulblume_fox9/status/1376583150600527880?s=21

Is Chauvin writing his memoirs? He’s been writing non stop since jury selection.

Probably writing notes on things he wants his attorney to ask the witnesses.

He can get a full transcript of what's going to be testified to in the trial from beginning to end if he wants to write a book.

I've seen other defendants do the same note taking.

Jmho

Probably writing notes on things he wants his attorney to ask the witnesses.

He can get a full transcript of what's going to be testified to in the trial from beginning to end if he wants to write a book.

I've seen other defendants do the same note taking.

Jmho
Transcript won't have personal observations of what he sees during his trial...IMO

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
6m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Watching CCTV footage of the scene. Officers try to place #GeorgeFloyd in the driver's side backseat. While trying to pull him through from the passenger backseat, during the struggle, Floyd ends up hanging part way out so officers pull him out to the street

and lunch break....

and that's my last posting of the tweets - good night....

It’s interesting that the dispatcher used the word “snitch.” And made her voice very cheerful when calling the seargent to report a concern. Goes to show the culture

I think the prosecutors preamble questioning of the dispatcher was excessively long, boring and quite a bit of it unnecessary. He could have made his point much quicker without dragging the jury through that yawner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus