MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the firefighter's attitude and giving the defense attitude, he wasn't being nice (beyond what would be expected from the counterpart I mean) and I feel if she was admonished, so should have the defense

The PR lady got lucky not being held in contempt I believe?

I’m sure she also finds herself helpless in this situation, just as all the other bystanders, but even more so as she was someone trained to help.... and he died.

She is also emotional about this...as well as nervous.
It is sooo difficult to testify - especially about an emotional situation. So! I can’t imagine how hard it would be to have the nation watching you.

I feel like that goes with the theme of the police not letting her in to do an assessment and help. If she were a man they most likely would have let her in. JMO. Most men do not like being told what to do by a woman. JMO!!!
Let me ask you this...
If they let her in, and she wasn't an EMT, and she treated him and he died, who would be responsible? Although every other part of that scene was beyond belief, I think they did the right thing by not letting her touch him. I know hindsight is 20/20, but she had nothing to make them believe she was an EMT.

Nobody would be responsible for rendering aid as a lay person. Good Samaritan Law. Many folks in the general public know CPR and First Aid and have had to use it. Course are available to the general public.

Let me ask you this...
If they let her in, and she wasn't an EMT, and she treated him and he died, who would be responsible? Although every other part of that scene was beyond belief, I think they did the right thing by not letting her touch him. I know hindsight is 20/20, but she had nothing to make them believe she was an EMT.
Well why didn't they render aid to him?

My opinion of today is that Nelson rattled the firefighter & the athlete. Not clear on what their witnesses bring to the table. They have not swayed me. And then the "PR lady" snapping a photo of the witness with the AG...????

Nobody would be responsible for rendering aid as a lay person. Good Samaritan Law. Many folks in the general public know CPR and First Aid and have had to use it. Course are available to the general public.
I can understand why they wouldn't allow anyone to help, especially since they were perfectly capable of giving him CPR themselves. They just didn't like being told what to do.

Her testimony imo could work in the defense's favor. According to her professional experience, medical help should have been there in two minutes. The time it took to respond was unacceptable. Nelson elaborated on that to raise doubt and to take the blame away from Chauvin, as the reason he died, and place it on dispatch/EMT's response time. IE, he may have died because of delayed medical care. I believe this will help him during closing arguments.
He was hoping to frustrate her enough to make her snap, showing the jury she was "one of those angry crowd members." Having the jury removed like that is not a good thing, especially if they don't know why. It didn't help her at all. imo.

My opinion of today is that Nelson rattled the firefighter & the athlete. Not clear on what their witnesses bring to the table. They have not swayed me. And then the "PR lady" snapping a photo of the witness with the AG...????
Williams did a much better job not allowing Nelson to get him angry. The firefighter gave him exactly what he wanted. I hope she does better tomorrow.

I can understand why they wouldn't allow anyone to help, especially since they were perfectly capable of giving him CPR themselves. They just didn't like being told what to do.
I agree. I just didn't want folks to think if they gave First Aid and person died they would be responsible. I also want to add they simply didn't care. Pathetic Chauvin was still kneeling on GF when EMS arrived.

Let me ask you this...

(DBM / Incorrect information corrected)

I’ve done some wrestling in my life (lol Magz confessions) - you can “feel” when someone stops resisting. Jmo

Last edited:
It's funny how our various observations here might reflect a jury because I don't view the defense attorney as unlikable. I also think he did an excellent job by getting the last witness to state how unusual it was for medical to arrive so late. He's going to claim police called for medical and because they were delayed is why GF died. I dont believe it but he's laid the foundation with the last witness.

Im in the Chauvin is guilty camp but the defense attorney did his job well this afternoon.

Williams did a much better job not allowing Nelson to get him angry. The firefighter gave him exactly what he wanted. I hope she does better tomorrow.
I doubt Nelson is done with Williams yet. My guess is the defense will have an "expert" witness claiming most of what Williams said was not true.
Remember. These so called "expert witnesses" are paid to sway the jury by testifying in favor of the side that they are testifying for. The one with a better sounding story wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams