MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rut row!! What just happened?

Jury sent out, Counsel remain, witness remain...

Judge is admonishing for arguing with counsel and the judge. He's hot.

RUT ROH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is still arguing with the judge.

She is told to come back at 9:30

.. He's still at it.... Judge wants to know who has a cell phone, tell that person to come here. BANG goes a door closing..............judge is ON.A.ROLL!!!!

*staring at seal*..................we wait.
I like this judge!

I think that the (prosecution?) should have done more to prepare the witnesses to testify.

I also think that the prosecution and defence should realize that not every witness will understand vocabulary such as "render". IMO I think that the witnesses do not always either fully understand the questions, and/or have the best words to fully express what they are trying to say.

Last edited:
I think she’s handling the cross examination well. She’s clearly getting agitated though. And he’s getting smart with her. I don’t know how that’s going to look to the jury. He’s getting mad as well.
I really wish she had not come across as so hostile. She is an important witness and needs to be a little more respectful of the court. Very disappointing.

Hi everyone! Thanks for keeping me posted! I’m following with you during the day and watching at night.
I appreciate all the posts as it keeps me aware while I work.
I now work in a courthouse here in Canada. Super weird for me to see the differences. We have SO much Plexi glass.
Almost daily one comes crashing down regardless what courtroom I’m in lol. Makes for some awkward moments. Weird what COVID has done.
Now to visually catch up! Xo

oh-oh.....A little fireworks in courtroom. Judge asks jury to leave. Instructs witness to remain. Tells witness not to argue with lawyers and court. Judge dislikes witness response. Judge angry. Tells state whoever has cell phone in court to come forward. Tells witness to come back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. Tells lawyers to meet him in chambers.

back on record. Judge on bench. Questioning owner of phone. Apparently she is a witness "representative" and took a photo of DA or AG or one of those guys.
Judge gives her a little talking to. NO CAMERAS IN COURTHOUSE. And lets her go.

Last edited:
She is a really good witness- he really should stop now- he isn't getting anywhere with her that will help the defense IMO

He just got what he was after with previous witness today... to get them on the defensive by asking the same thing over and again etc.

She's gonna get sideways looks from coworkers.......

I really wish she had not come across as so hostile. She is an important witness and she needs to calm down and be more respectful of the court. Very disappointing.
TBH I thought the def. attorney cut her off rudely and I had the same reaction she did in my head. I understand she shouldn’t have voiced it, but she was emotional.

I really wish she had not come across as so hostile. She is an important witness and she needs to calm down and be more respectful of the court. Very disappointing.

I agree. Makes me worry how that came across, seems the worst of it was outside the presence of the jury though. I’m kind of the same way as her, if I’m asked a question and I’m cut off, I try to continue to give my answer. And the lady speaking with the phone, sounds like an older woman.

back on record. Judge on bench. Questioning owner of phone. Apparently she is a witness "representative" and took a photo of DA,

Now hearing from a woman who identifies herself as DF’s media representative. Judge Cahill asks why she was taking unauthorized photographs.

She apologizes, tells Judge Cahill she didn't realize it wasn't allowed. He asks her to delete the pic & gives phone back

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377016394492043266?s=21

Lady with the phone is a PR person for the young lady/her mother who testified earlier today (the one who's video went viral) She says she's "media person/PR person" who has the job of keeping the media away from the witness.

She took a photo of the AG at the elevator bank. NO! cameras allowed.... SMH she should know that. MOO

I like this judge too. He seems reasonable but has control of his court.

She was getting increasingly defensive to counsel's questions (and not answering them) and argued back at the judge not once but twice. High pressured environments and all that but that was a shame. Whether she wants to or not she needs to show a little contrition tomorrow to outweigh any negative feeling amongst the jury. It's a shame the jury are now left to think on that overnight.

MOO

Yay, rewind available here:

*minor’s testimony starts at 4:51

(I also thought it was “powerful” in that video where GH was still standing there on the street as the ambulance pulled away - shortly before this, the little girl was one of the last left standing there too, iirc. I am skipping the minor’s testimony for now because I really want to hear GH)

*GH’s testimony (firefighter/EMT) starts at 6:33ish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads