MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he did put his hand in his pocket when he pulled out the mace and/or put it back. I don't think it matters much whether he had his hand in his pocket or on his thigh when he readjusted his body and applied more pressure.

I noticed yesterday that DC's left foot/boot was flexed as he kneeled. So, imo, all of the weight/pressure was on George's neck, he wasn't "balancing" his weight at all. I hope that makes sense.

Frank, "When you asked the officers to take his pulse do you ever see them doing that?"

Hansen responds, "No" but acknowledges she couldn't see all of the officers.

Hansen describes her decision to record video at the scene as "an instinct".

Frank, "Why did you think it was important to record that?"

Hansen, "Because memories of witnesses are never going to be as good as a video"

Frank asks Hansen about moments after ambulance left.

Hansen says "I think I was probably in disbelief".

Frank asks Hansen why she felt helpless that night.

Hansen responds, "Because there was a man being killed. Had I had access to a call similar to that, I would've been able to provide medical attention to the best of my abilities and this human was denied that right."

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377003856253620234?s=21

This witness said unique as so much miscommunication between fire and PD. She knew 2 of the 4 fire folks that responded that day. She had conversation with them. Driver and firefighter that wasn't in the ambulance, she spoke to them later that night.

(Gahhhh, I accidentally hit refresh and lost my spot in her testimony I had paused grrrrrr booooo....will have to watch it back later, thumbs down.)

Anyway, in addition to being nervous, she also seems clearly traumatized/disturbed by the experience, as she remembers it and talks about it, imo.

I think it’s “powerful” that two seasoned community service members so far, a 911 dispatcher AND Firefighter/EMT, both saw it as clearly inappropriate and dangerous/worrisome at the time, that this wasn’t right, and both took actions to try to help. I think this speaks volumes, jmo.

(FTR I’ve updated my signatures to “Everything is JMO” as we tread water here)

Witnesses in this trial are under a high level of stress. We all handle fear and anxiety differently. I think the firefighter is doing a great job testifying under nerve-racking conditions. She watched DF die and could do nothing. I bet this haunts her.

Nelson asks, "Do you have trainings that focus on how to deal with the physical reaction to stress?"

Hansen responds "We do go over that in our trainings throughout the continuing ed, also I think you're suited or not for the job."

Nelson, "Have you ever heard the term tunnel vision" as a part of fire training?

Hansen says no but says she knows what it is.

Nelson is asking about her testimony where she said she's been in burning buildings.

Nelson, "Has anyone ever tried to come up to you to say you're doing it wrong?"

Hansen, "No".

Nelson, "Do you think it would make your job fighting the fire harder, if someone started yelling at you and telling you that you're doing it wrong?

Hansen, "I'm very confident in the training that I've' been given so I would not be concerned ..."

As Nelson presses, Hansen says "I would be confident in doing my job and there's nothing anybody can say that would distract me."

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377007323604865025?s=21

I think the more nervous and unsure these bystanders seem the more human they seem and less like an unruly mob antagonizing the police. It demonstrates these bystanders were stressed and wanting to help GF. That was their only motivation for engaging the cops that day. All this testimony is really meant to refute defense arguments about the unruly crowd and also the bit about Chauvin seeming to press harder on the neck at certain points and being well-positioned is very important for the assault element and INTENT.

Also, not willing to provide care and preventing others from doing so again goes to INTENT.

BBM

I find it interesting it seems the defense they're going for is the unruly angry crowd played a huge part in all of this. When so far all what we have seen is 4(?) kids, an EMT/FF, and a man who seemed very level headed. For me personally, they seem less like an 'angry mob' by the second.

She might be nervous but she is compelling. The defense is making a decent point on cross though. Taking about crowds, name calling, filming etc. She answered with confidence but it's hard to believe a person wouldn't be impacted by those factors. This might be his best cross so far.

She might be nervous but she is compelling. The defense is making a decent point on cross though. Taking about crowds, name calling, filming etc. She answered with confidence but it's hard to believe a person wouldn't be impacted by those factors. This might be his best cross so far.
I’m not so sure. She’s kind of making his questions seem nonsensical. She knows her job, and he not able to trip her up IMO.

It is clear that the "angry mob" defense is nothing more than a distraction from the obvious issue in this case--- While I would like to dismiss it out of hand because it is so obvious (to us here I believe), one never knows how it will land on one or two jurors. We know that the real issue in this case is going to be the cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member