MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea how many kids witnessed GF death before now.

State is getting ahead of the defense stance that it was a mob and that affected them giving care to GF... is what they stated in opening statement. NOPE. Almost half at 1/2 in were minors.

If you really want to push that idea, they got him in the ambulance and decided out loud to get him out as soon as the ambulance got there as they knew he had no pulse at that time, and wanted to save face/save from more video.

MOO

On cross-examination, witness Alyssa was asked about initial statements she made to police that she saw officers “check his pulse multiple times” before paramedics arrived.

“I would not agree with that. Because I don’t remember,” Ms Funari said when questioned by defence attorney Eric Nelson.

Ms Funari told the court that, after re-watching the video, she remembers seeing someone – not Derek Chauvin - move their hands towards the wrists of George Floyd.

Derek Chauvin trial resumes as eyewitness says ‘I believed I witnessed a murder’ - live

Not sure if others are watching this via Court TV but the presenter just said "little inconsistency" with regards to the last witness stating the officers checked the pulse multiple times vs her previous statement that they didn't check GF's pulse. Not sure I would call that a "little inconsistency" ...May be something the defense comes back to perhaps...

ETA: Witness did manage to get in a comment that implied the multiple times statement was somewhat coerced.

I watched it this am upthread... his pulse was checked multiple times by LE. It's on video of body cam. Perhaps she was influenced by watching stuff vs. seeing hand and assuming.

Nevertheless.... doesn't change what we see with our own eyes and when shown to jury... they'll now be eagle eyes and see such!

MOO

Genevieve Hansen is next, she is the woman who identified herself on scene as a Minneapolis Firefighter.

Genevieve is wearing her Minneapolis Firefighter uniform as she is sworn in.

We are now seeing her cell phone video of the scene.

We are now hearing the 911 call the State says Hansen made. Caller reports, "I literally watched police officers not take a pulse and not doing anything to save a man and I am a first responders myself".

We are seeing #DerekChauvin as it's played.

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1376989844824526850?s=21

Hansen has been a Minneapolis firefighter for about two years. State is asking about her EMT training.

Last edited:
Many a case we see eye witness accounts which may differ in some of the details. The video does tell it all and bolsters much of the testimony heard thus far. All the more reason to at least try to render aid if indeed a pulse was not found. It only makes this crime even more horrific IMO

Did I see correctly that GF was put in the ambulance still handcuffed??

Yes, they were taken off after he was in ambulance. It was a load and go... for 3 blocks then they pulled over in a residential area and waited for the fire truck... no one from fire went into ambulance, they just picked up Lane after they pulled up behind the ambulance on the residental street. See videos upthread this am.

When he was placed in the ambulance, EMS cut off clothes, asked Lane to do manual CPR. Then they hooked up mechanical CPR in the video. After pulled over on the residential street, Lane got out and got into another PD car, then went to the back of the ambulance and opened the door and you could see that they were no longer doing mechanical compressions by machine.

(See post #6 on this thread for video I'm referring to)

Last edited:
I can’t even imagine how traumatized all of these witnesses are. Especially the minors. I’ve only ever seen the videos of the MURDER on my phone but now seeing it on a large tv.. my heart is broken. They clearly knew he was at least unconscious yet DC continued to do what he was doing. He looked cold and evil.

No doubt he was a good witness for the prosecution, but I found it ironic that Williams does these type of holds in his profession, and several in his profession have suffered severe brain trauma themselves. I believe some of them have actually died, iirc.

Is it acceptable in this sport to do these dangerous choke holds?

I've tried to watch a couple of them, but it was too violent for me.

Imoo, it's a barbaric sport, but that's only my personal opinion.

Jmho

What Chauvin was doing (knee on the neck) is never, ever, seen in MMA. It would be legal but MMA fighters would never be in that position because they could get out of it easily. Choke holds are absolutely allowed but the victim would tap out and the fight stopped immediately. Still, what Chauvin was doing isn't part of MMA which makes Williams comparison or comments even more objectionable.

Rsbm

WARNING - VERY UPSETTING AND GRAPHIC - ROLL AND SCROLL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VIEW

Thank you, Dixie. I’ve got it paused at 16:00ish and taking some time to reflect.

One thing that strikes me as, interesting, for lack of a better term, is that George Floyd seemed to have this “sense“ that he was going to die from the beginning. It seems “intuitive“ to me. His fears are clearly reflected. Jmo.

Genevieve Hansen is next, she is the woman who identified herself on scene as a Minneapolis Firefighter.

Genevieve is wearing her Minneapolis Firefighter uniform as she is sworn in.

We are now seeing her cell phone video of the scene.

We are now hearing the 911 call the State says Hansen made. Caller reports, "I literally watched police officers not take a pulse and not doing anything to save a man and I am a first responders myself".

We are seeing #DerekChauvin as it's played.

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1376989844824526850?s=21

Hansen has been a Minneapolis firefighter for about two years. State is asking about her EMT training.

She’s very nervous. She needs a few breaths.

Watching this is making me sick. Does anyone viewing the part of video being shown now think Chauvin was getting satisfaction from his own behavior and "playing to the crowd"?

Yes! I have always believed he was getting tremendous satisfaction from demonstrating his power over Mr Floyd and the onlookers, showing them in no uncertain terms that they were helpless. Disgusting and sadistic.
JMO

What Chauvin was doing (knee on the neck) is never, ever, seen in MMA. It would be legal but MMA fighters would never be in that position because they could get out of it easily. Choke holds are absolutely allowed but the victim would tap out and the fight stopped immediately. Still, what Chauvin was doing isn't part of MMA which makes Williams comparison or comments even more objectionable.

Thank you for your informative reply.

I just thought they were done because he seemed to know so much about what Chavin did. Didn't he say blood choke? I could be mistaken though.

So I assumed he had done this type of hold before since he was allowed to testify as if he had expertise in area of what Chavin did.

Thank you again.

Jmho

I know they are just in the beginning of the testimony from Genevieve Hansen but I feel she’s not doing a very goob job. She sounds like she doesn’t have her thoughts together and she’s not very well spoken.

Objectionable in court perhaps. But he did get a point across that one person can affect another person's blood flow by restriction of major artery in the neck. He's not a medical doctor, and was using an analogy MOO. I think it's clear to many / most jurors he was making an analogy as he even exhibited that the "blood hold" is done with arms, and not knees.

MOO

BBM:
Watching this is making me sick. Does anyone viewing the part of video being shown now think Chauvin was getting satisfaction from his own behavior and "playing to the crowd"?

This was clearly evident to the people watching it who were there:

“You’re enjoying this, bro.”
-Williams

Last edited:
On May 25, 2020, Hansen had been working as a firefighter for a little more than a year. She confirms she was not on duty that day and lives within walking distance of 38th and Chicago. She was out for a walk at the time of the incident.

Hansen says she saw lights while walking, "From a distance I figured, it could've been anything but I figured that a fire was there so I started walking that direction and as I got closer there was a woman across the street screaming that they were killing him."

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1376995794675503105?s=21

Hansen drew her approach, she walked down 38th towards Chicago, then looped around to Speedway side & across the street.

Hansen, "I was concerned to see a handcuffed man who was not moving with officers with their whole body weight on his back and a crowd that was stressed out"

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1376996712494030848?s=21

Frank shows Hansen video of the scene, "there was just that one time you left the sidewalk and went out into the street, correct?"

Hansen responds, "Correct".

Last edited:
@cathyrusson
·
14m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Next witness is Genevieve Hansen, she was the off-duty firefighter on the scene. She took cell phone video and called 911.

(ohhhh, I’m very behind, still back on page 1, but is this the same lady that kept trying to get them to take her pulse, and DC pointed his mace at her when she tried to come forward to help? If not, disregard. But if the same lady, she was very vocal along with Williams, asking them over and over to check his pulse, saying he was non responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie