MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The off duty firefighter/EMT was the 7th person to join the group. She joined all the 4 minors and others. "The MOB"?

Just 2-3 minutes later when ambulance left, there were 5 "MOB" o_O members at the sidewalk.

Last edited:
(ohhhh, I’m very behind, still back on page 1, but is this the same lady and tried to get them to take her pulse, and DC pointed his mace at? If not, disregard. But if the same lady, she was very vocal along with Williams, asking them over and over to check his pulse.)

Correct, she is lady firefighter/CPR/EMT lady from Minneapolis. Dressed in all black with white headband that day... today in court she is in her uniform.

Last edited:
Ms. Hansen is doing a good job so far. IMO. Respectful. To the point. I’m surprised some are finding her wanting.

Agree.

When she arrived, she identified herself right away noticed that he needed medical attention due to his obvious altered level of consciousness. With her training that is the first sign that someone needs medical attention. Her attention was wanting to direct officers or gain access to GF. He was restrained, but he was not moving.He was not responding to painful stimuli.

She noticed that Chauvin didn't need to balance himself against the car.. he was balanced on GF.

Last edited:
Where did he get the $1M bail money?
I've read he posted 1 million for bail, and I have read he posted 1 million bond. I'm not sure which is true, but if "bail" was set at 1 million, that means he would have had to pay 10% of that, so it would be $100,000 bond. That can be a "cash" bond, which means a two party bond, meaning he or a family member could pay that. It could also have been a "surety" bond meaning it's a three party bond through a bonding company.
My guess, and only a guess is the union took care of that either using a cash bond, or surety. I remember Amber Guyger was released on a $300,000 bond, and I doubt she had that amount of money. Sometimes a bonding company will accept the equity in someone's house by placing a lien on the house, but she lived in an apartment.

She’s not as good a witness as I was expecting. Nervous, which is completely understandable but not hugely coherent and she seems a bit unsure with her statements. I worry about cross.

she’s getting better now she’s focusing on medical details which is why she’s important ultimately.

IMO a good defense attorney needs to cast doubt on witness testimony. If he can prove her wrong about the hand in the pocket testimony, how credible is the rest of her testimony, especially as it relates to the increased pressure of the knee that she perceived.
I think he did put his hand in his pocket when he pulled out the mace and/or put it back. I don't think it matters much whether he had his hand in his pocket or on his thigh when he readjusted his body and applied more pressure.

I had no idea how many kids witnessed GF death before now.

That really bother me, as a Mother, teacher, and mental health counselor. I hope that these kids have access to therapy. Often their feelings of helplessness and powerlessness come out as anger. They may not be able to articulate their feelings. It takes specialized training to help kids process those types of situations.

@cathyrusson
·
1m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Hansen says Chauvin looked "so comfortable" on George Floyd's neck, "He had his hand in his pocket." Frank asked if her opinion would be different if Chauvin's hand was on his thigh instead in pocket. She said no
26s

#DerekChauvinTrial - The question about hand in pocket vs. hand on thigh: Many viewers & witnesses thought Chauvin's hand was inside his pocket. It appears it never was, the illusion of his dark glove against his dark pants makes it look that way

She was asked what she would have done...

she said compressions, check pulse, call 911, check airway, find shock machine at gas station.... she didn't mention minimally turn him on side/recovery position I noticed.

She’s not as good a witness as I was expecting. Nervous, which is completely understandable but not hugely coherent and she seems a bit unsure with her statements. I worry about cross.

she’s getting better now she’s focusing on medical details which is why she’s important ultimately.
I’m sure she also finds herself helpless in this situation, just as all the other bystanders, but even more so as she was someone trained to help.... and he died.

She is also emotional about this...as well as nervous.

(I’ve got the Firefighter/EMT paused for reflection.)

She seems nervous, imo - understandable of course.

When the video was paused at the very end, and there she was, the last person left on the street, just standing there, even after the ambulance pulled away - that was a powerful image, imo.

(I’m trying to come up with a new adjective for “powerful“, as it’s becoming overused on my part.)

Last edited:
Frank, "When you saw that positioning of those officer, did that concern you?"

Hansen "Absolutely".

Frank, "Why?"

Hansen, "He wasn't moving and he was cuffed and that's, three grown men is a lot, putting all of their weight on somebody is too much".

Frank asks Hansen about her description of Floyd, "What is it that you saw that made you concerned about his medical needs?"

Hansen, "I was really concerned. I thought his face looked puffy and swollen which would happen if you are putting a grown man's weight on someone's neck"

Frank asks, "What did you think you needed to do?"

Hansen replied, "What I needed to know is whether or not [Floyd] had a pulse anymore"

Hansen tells Frank, "There was no medical assistance on scene and .. that's exactly what I should have done", saying she would've checked Floyd's airway, called for an AED, checked for a pulse and if she didn't find one, would've started compressions.

Frank asks, "Why weren't you able to do any of that"

Hansen responds, "Because the officer didn't let me into the scene" and says she remembers telling officers to start compressions if Floyd didn't have a pulse, "and that wasn't done either".

Hansen wipes away tears as she describes feeling distressed when she couldn't help, "I was desperate to help"

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1376999572980051975?s=21

I’m sure she also finds herself helpless in this situation, just as all the other bystanders, but even more so as she was someone trained to help.... and he died.

Yes I agree. It’s becoming clear she’s traumatised. Like you said she’s a life saver and she was prevented from doing what she’s trained to do. She’s one of many bystanders that are blaming themselves for events they had no control over but she knows she’s the one most qualified to help.

She’s becoming more focused as she goes on.

I think the more nervous and unsure these bystanders seem the more human they seem and less like an unruly mob antagonizing the police. It demonstrates these bystanders were stressed and wanting to help GF. That was their only motivation for engaging the cops that day. All this testimony is really meant to refute defense arguments about the unruly crowd and also the bit about Chauvin seeming to press harder on the neck at certain points and being well-positioned is very important for the assault element and INTENT.

Also, not willing to provide care and preventing others from doing so again goes to INTENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member