MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he say he used restraint

Witness: I don’t think so

Is the placement of a knee on a neck a reportable thing

Witness: No, not always.

How long

Witness: Until you get control and handcuffed and the person is no longer fighting

At that point the restraints should stop

Witness yes

I just got another gem for my timeline (Promise I'll update with references over the weekend as they are so great to have that other have done on other cases)

It will be inclusive.

Anywhoo, I just caught the time stamp on the audio of the call on the WaPo livestream that dispatcher Scurry made to the Sgt.

The timestamp of her call said in an automated voice at the beginning and end... at end it was 20:31:33. Which was within one minutes of the ambulance leaving CUP foods.

Pleoger says based on that call ,"I called officer Chauvin on his cell phone".

Schleicher plays Chauvin's body camera footage, where you can hear Chauvin speak to someone & say he was just going to call Pleoger ".. and have you come out to our scene here .."

Schleicher asks Pleoger to explain what they talked about during the rest of the call.

Schleicher, "Did he mention anything about putting his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck or back?

Pleoger, "No".

Pleoger says after the call he headed down to 38th and Chicago, "... there might've been an EMS vehicle on the scene and a few people milling around"

Schleicher asks about this call, this photo is from Pleoger's body camera footage.

Pleoger, "I think [Chauvin] just called, asked where I was at ... I was real close so I said I'll be right there, we'll talk in person."

Schleicher, "Based on the description the defendant gave you ... did you get any sense from the defendant how long this restraint lasted?"

Pleoger, "No, I didn't have any idea"

Pleoger says he talked to Lane and Kueng on scene.

Schleicher, "Based on that conversation, were you told there had been a restraint of an individual?"

Pleoger,"Yes, I believe they said they handcuffed him".

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377722612604936195?s=21

Did he say he used restraint

Witness: I don’t think so

Is the placement of a knee on a neck a reportable thing

Witness: No, not always.

How long

Witness: Until you get control and handcuffed and the person is no longer fighting

At that point the restraints should stop

Witness yes

That whole part was big for me especially when he said at that point the restraint should stop!!!

Officer Lane and Kueng told Sgt. Pleoger their rendition of what happened.

After that, Pleoger went down to HCMC to check on Floyd's condition.

He told officers Lane and Kueng to gather witnesses at 38th and Chicago

In one clip -- Sgt. Pleoger told Chauvin to find witnesses -- and Chauvin said he could try, but they were "pretty hostile."

https://twitter.com/louraguse/status/1377725097826521090?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members