MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pay big bucks to read what Chauvin has been writing down.

It's pretty common to see most defendants take notes and be writing things down but he really seems to be going to town on that notepad. He's going to need a new one soon and it's only day 4.

First draft of a book he intends to write perhaps? Or give rights to for $$$? MOO

A commentator on a local station thinks Mr. Norton’s key testimony was him saying he reported it to his superiors as ‘a man was killed in police custody’. Because initially officials had said GF died of medical complications. So is the state trying to bring in a cover up?

That would open up a whole different can of worms wouldn’t it.. as suspect couldn’t have got key officials to do that?!?

That he said that he then understood the JUSTIFIED DISTRESS that GH had, so much that he sent his coworkers back to her. That was powerful.

(In addition to get her to give report to LE as a witness)

Last edited:
Paramedic 2 and Firefighter 2 in my opinion have made it clear there will be a conviction.
I believe manslaughter is well satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt and we're just a tiny bit away from 3rd degree.
I am also thinking manslaughter. I strongly believe that it will be difficult to prove the murder charges beyond reasonable doubt.

One of the reasons I say this hinges on the original charging reports released by the prosecutors office stating that preliminary autopsy results showed no evidence of asphyxiation or suffocation. I am certain the defense will present this when autopsy is discussed.

CNN LISTS RESOURCES FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS HELP AFTER LISTENING TO TESTIMONY:

Hearing witnesses testify and dissect second-by-second accounts of the circumstances surrounding Floyd's death can be tough.

Here are some resources that may help:

You can contact any of the organizations above to find peer groups and other group counseling services. These organizations often have affiliates in cities that host group meetings. They offer coping mechanisms to deal with stress, depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions.

It's always important to speak to someone and not feel that you're facing this alone.

You can find more CNN resources that may help here.

Paramedic describes what he saw when approaching Floyd at the scene: "I thought he was dead"
I don't recall anything like this offered before. Has anyone else? I hope people find it helpful (though I worry they will get trolls - hope not).

It's been a helluva year.

jmo

No where near caught up. Drove 77 miles one way for my first covid vaccine shot.

One thing that keeps crossing my mind here. There is no dispute GF was having a medical event. Seriously, the defense loses me here. If someone is od'ing you get narcan (sp), you don't kneel on their neck and back.

We'll never know if GF would have died from an overdose- because Chauvin was on his neck.

I honestly think the defenses point is in vain.

I am also thinking manslaughter. I strongly believe that it will be difficult to prove the murder charges beyond reasonable doubt.

Do the murder charges depend on them proving suspect committed a felony such as an assault which then led to the death of person or did I make that up? TIA *advertiser censored*

That would open up a whole different can of worms wouldn’t it.. as suspect couldn’t have got key officials to do that?!?

And the chief of police is testifying for prosecution. And he acted swiftly so not sure where this commentator was going with that comment exactly.

They’re saying the Chief of Police is to testify tomorrow morning!! Can’t wait to see that. It is one of the nails on the coffin for Chauvin no doubt!

I think a point he was making, but falls flat, is why didn't they see on their screens the new location that EMS went to

20:32:12 PER E412, EMS LOCATION IS PARK/46

They arrived at Cup at 20:32:59 .... they missed the screen just seconds before?

upload_2021-4-1_16-13-58.png

AXON timestamp is in screen

Am I the only one confused as to why the officers didn't tell the firefighters immediately that the paramedics had left with the patient. The video is of body cam footage so I find it very odd that the officers walked around with the FF's and had them check cup foods for the patient.

The officers clearly knew the patient was not in there? Am I missing something?

Lane had left in ambo...

Chauvin had scedaddled to the safety of his cruiser, and to get a spoken to from Charles Mcmillian who followed him there to give him a piece of his mind. The other officer was sent back to CUP to get the bill by Chauvin so that Chauvin didn't have to be standing in the street or exposed to the crowd. Tao, his partner and driver that day, was also in car with Chauvin??

Good point why Chauvin or Tao didn't see that big truck with sirens arrive and approach them!

MOO

We may learn more in future witness testimonies.. e.g. this one

look at reports, keep an eye on activities

Did you have to assign officers to ride together

Witness “yes”

Does a briefing every shift. Role call. Takes 15 mins at beginning of shift

10-14 in attendance

Assigns policies and updates the officers he supervises

Force review report

Typically an officer would contact that they had used force on suspect. I would head out. Speak to officer and subject of complaint

Any type of force on a handcuffed person

Circumstance they have to report and some they do not
Witness yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads