MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly what the prosecutor is trying to get the witness to say. Whatever it is, the defense doesn't seem to like it.

ETA I think I just got the answer. That's what I thought she was trying to get at. It must be difficult to avoid saying Floyd was already dead while he was in police custody.

Last edited:
Defence finished and now state back trying to go over timeline again

Defence was trying to point out length of time for them to get to GF I think

Sorry I lost plot a bit when she started again. We now on break!!

Am I the only one confused as to why the officers didn't tell the firefighters immediately that the paramedics had left with the patient. The video is of body cam footage so I find it very odd that the officers walked around with the FF's and had them check cup foods for the patient.

The officers clearly knew the patient was not in there? Am I missing something?
I think it shows the officers were not helpful to GF or anyone helping GF.

jmo

CNN LISTS RESOURCES FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS HELP AFTER LISTENING TO TESTIMONY:

Hearing witnesses testify and dissect second-by-second accounts of the circumstances surrounding Floyd's death can be tough.

Here are some resources that may help:

You can contact any of the organizations above to find peer groups and other group counseling services. These organizations often have affiliates in cities that host group meetings. They offer coping mechanisms to deal with stress, depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions.

It's always important to speak to someone and not feel that you're facing this alone.

You can find more CNN resources that may help here.

Paramedic describes what he saw when approaching Floyd at the scene: "I thought he was dead"

Paramedic 2 and Firefighter 2 in my opinion have made it clear there will be a conviction.
I believe manslaughter is well satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt and we're just a tiny bit away from 3rd degree.

Nelson also asked about using a thumb to check for a pulse and how you should use fingers because the thumb has a 'pulse' (assuming your own thumb pulse could be mistaken as a pulse on the patient)... is that what one of the officers did? There is ALWAYS a reason why they ask certain questions, sometimes we have to wait days or weeks to find out why that question was asked.

I thought that I saw an officer (L or K) check for a radial (wrist) pulse using their thumb on the body cam video yesterday. (IMO).

A commentator on a local station thinks Mr. Norton’s key testimony was him saying he reported it to his superiors as ‘a man was killed in police custody’. Because initially officials had said GF died of medical complications. So is the state trying to bring in a cover up?

Just to add to my comments from yesterday.

It was the 30 minute video of Keungs body cam where I thought I caught a glimpse of George seated. It was actually when he swung his feet onto the seat just before the drivers side passenger door was closed. So, I did not see him seated so you speak.

I wonder why it was necessary to have the officers on the street did at all. Why not keep the passenger door closed and then once Floyd's feet were on the seat close the rear drivers side door?

Oh I know but killed means someone killed him—not died as in perhaps an OD. It just shows where the chief’s thoughts about what happened are..
It’s going to be hard for the defense to turn this around IMO. He keeps trying to focus on drugs drugs drugs but yet witnesses and now paramedics and firefighters flat out have said he was KILLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ