MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *officers charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a defense attorney, I can say you have to look at J111 carefully. At first, you may want to boot him. But then again, if you think you can swing him by showing him the full videos and full argument (which he likely hasn't heard) then you could rely on him to pull the rest of the jury with him. You try the entire case aimed at that one juror. If you win him, you get your acquittal.

As a defense attorney, I can say you have to look at J111 carefully. At first, you may want to boot him. But then again, if you think you can swing him by showing him the full videos and full argument (which he likely hasn't heard) then you could rely on him to pull the rest of the jury with him. You try the entire case aimed at that one juror. If you win him, you get your acquittal.
I found him way too eager to get on the jury, and just may have had an agenda. my opinion.

Really love this theory.:)

I heard this same point from Michael Peterson’s lawyer David Rudolph - that there are 1-3 ppl on each side and the rest are in the middle. And those 1-3 ppl have to sway the votes to their side. So when you’re arguing you’re arguing to “your jurors.” And in my experience this is what happened on my jury for the most part.

Those ppl in the middle are frustrating though. And with such a polarizing case, I dunno.....too many of those ppl on this jury so far.

I heard this same point from Michael Peterson’s lawyer David Rudolph - that there are 1-3 ppl on each side and the rest are in the middle. And those 1-3 ppl have to sway the votes to their side. So when you’re arguing you’re arguing to “your jurors.” And in my experience this is what happened on my jury for the most part.

Those ppl in the middle are frustrating though. And with such a polarizing case, I dunno.....too many of those ppl on this jury so far.
Those people on each side require strong communication skills, don't they?
ETA. PJ #113 dismissed by judge for cause

Those people on each side require strong communication skills, don't they?
ETA. PJ #113 dismissed by judge for cause

Yeah, they have to be persuasive and be opinionated types. And most importantly, engaged and feel a sense of responsibility. The jurors who don’t even check the news in their day to day lives worry me. How can something this big happen in your community and you’re just like ‘meh.’

Yeah, they have to be persuasive and be opinionated types. And most importantly, engaged and feel a sense of responsibility. The jurors who don’t even check the news in their day to day lives worry me. How can something this big happen in your community and you’re just like ‘meh.’
From what I have been able to glean from watching Thomas Lane’s full body cam video and reading the official autopsy report , there appears to be a lot of compelling evidence for the defense. Hopefully these jurors can assess the all the evidence impartially and arrive at the proper verdicts.

Unfortunately, this case has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, assisted in large part by the MSM.

From what I have been able to glean from watching Thomas Lane’s full body cam video and reading the official autopsy report , there appears to be a lot of compelling evidence for the defense. Hopefully these jurors can assess the all the evidence impartially and arrive at the proper verdicts.

Unfortunately, this case has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, assisted in large part by the MSM.

I think that the video has played the hugest part in people's opinion. At least in other countries.
And thank goodness for MSM and social media letting us all see what happened, without even having to read one single word about it.

It is cringeworthy to think of someone kneeling on another person's neck for a few seconds, let alone 9 minutes.
And for that victim to then die ...... having repeated multiple times that they can't breathe properly.

I think the defence might struggle to un-relate those two events.

It is very common for trial teams to focus on one or two jurors. Find out everything you can about them and make your entire argument to them. While you may think there is a jury of 12, your really have a jury of 1 or 2. Those people swing the others.

While I paid close attention during voir dire, my memory is not what it used to be. I'm regretting not taking notes about each juror.

Jury makeup (sorry, don't have the numbers to correspond correctly... I'm sure MSM will print such when final. Since we are at Friday pm... updating

5 men 8 women (Hmmm, I'm missing one oopsie)

1. White woman in 40's who works in insurance and says she loves the state of Minnesota
  2. Black woman in her 60's who retired from marketing and loves spending time with grand-kids
  3. White nurse in her 50's who works with ventilated COVID-19 patients
  4. Mixed race woman in her 40's who works in company reorganization
  5. Black man in 40's and works in management and has lived in the county for two decades
  6. White woman in 50's who works in health care and likes to ride her motorcycle
  7. Black man in his 30's who works in banking and teaches youth sports
  8. White woman in her 50's who works at a non profit and single mother of two teenage sons
  9. Black man in his 30's who works in tech and immigrated from Africa
  10. White auditor in his 30's
  11. Mixed race woman in her 20's who said she was super excited to serve
  12. White male chemist in his 20's who plays ultimate frisbee

Last edited:
......But the day ended with Judge Peter Cahill saying at least two more jurors will be chosen for the panel, which includes two alternates for a total of 15, in case one juror drops off. At least 16 jurors can be chosen. Jury selection resumes Monday at 9 a.m.

"I think we're going to try and pick two more so that we definitely have 14 come March 29," Cahill said.....
One more juror picked as judge rejects delaying Chauvin trial - StarTribune.com

Here is a new development:

@cathyrusson
·
1h

#DerekChauvinTrial - It's now a possibility there will be 15 jurors. Judge Cahill wants to seat 2 more jurors bringing the total to 15, saying, "so that we definitely have 14 come Monday.." Either he's already aware of a problem or erroring on the safe side.
This is very good news....I have a feeling there are already some things floating around with these jurors...the very excited young woman makes me very nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver