MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *officers charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it sounds like the state is going to continue to piecemeal this trial as I suspected. Everyone is going to get a shot at the spotlight. Smh. I really hate it when they do that with the cop trials. In most other high profile cases that is just simply not the case from what I’ve seen. If assistant AG Matthew Frank is the lead as has been reported, he should do the opening. And he should handle the majority of the direct and cross exam. With assistance from one other AAG. That’s it! It really makes a difference to juries IMO. The lead has to build rapport and trust. When you have 4 attorneys splitting everything it’s a mess! JMO

Matthew Frank
Minnesota Assistant Attorney General Matthew Frank is the lead prosecutor of Chauvin’s case.

Frank has been the manager of the criminal division of the Minnesota attorney general’s office for the past 14 years and has worked in the attorney general’s office for a total of 21 years. Before he joined the office, he worked as a public defender in Anoka and Sherburne counties, and as an assistant Wright County attorney.

Most court documents filed by prosecutors for this case are signed by Frank.
Link below lists and describes "who is who".

A who's who guide to main players in Derek Chauvin trial | West Central Tribune

Apologies if you hit a paywall in above link: It didn't have one when I originally opened it.

Last edited:
@cathyrusson
·
Mar 27

#DerekChauvinTrial - Opening statements Monday morning will be given by Jerry Blackwell for the State and Eric Nelson for the defense. Watch the trial gavel-to-gavel in
@LawCrimeNetwork
#GeorgeFloyd

Matthew Frank
Minnesota Assistant Attorney General Matthew Frank is the lead prosecutor of Chauvin’s case.

Frank has been the manager of the criminal division of the Minnesota attorney general’s office for the past 14 years and has worked in the attorney general’s office for a total of 21 years. Before he joined the office, he worked as a public defender in Anoka and Sherburne counties, and as an assistant Wright County attorney.

Most court documents filed by prosecutors for this case are signed by Frank.
Link below lists and describes "who is who".

A who's who guide to main players in Derek Chauvin trial | West Central Tribune

Thanks, I've posted that in the trial *media No discussion* thread. MN - George Floyd, 46, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 **Media & Timeline - NO DISCUSSION

Agree @MsBetsy ...the look on Chauvin's face and hand in his pocket = pride and ego and satisfaction. imo
Actually...... Chauvins hand is NOT in his pocket as it appears if you look quickly. However, if you zoom in on the screenshot, you will see that his hand is encased in a black glove and is folded on his upper thigh. Minor point, but the defense will use it.

Not sure if this has already been posted but judge ruled Wednesday that 2 out of 8 prior incidents with Chauvin would be coming in as ‘he knew better’ for #3 and modus operandi evidence for #5:

Incident No. 3 — Aug. 22, 2015:On August 22, 2015, Defendant Chauvin participated with other officers in rendering aid to a suicidal, intoxicated, and mentally-disturbed male. Chauvin observed other officers physically struggle with the male and one officer used a Taser on the male, to little avail. Eventually, the officers were able to put the male on the ground and place handcuffs on him. Chauvin and the other officers then immediately put the male in the side-recovery position, consistent with training. Chauvin rode with the male to the hospital for medical care. Officers involved in the response received a recommendation for an award for their appropriate efforts and received feedback from medical professionals that, if officers had prolonged their detention of the male or failed to transport the male to the hospital in a timely manner, the male could have died.

Incident No. 5 — June 25, 2017:On June 25, 2017, Defendant Chauvin went to place a female under arrest in her home. As the female walked by, Chauvin grabbed one of her arms and told her she was under arrest. The female tried to pull away, and Chauvin applied a handcuff to one wrist. As the female tried to twist away, Chauvin pulled her down to the ground in the prone position and kneeled on her body to pin her to the ground. After being handcuffed, the female refused to stand, so Chauvin carried her out of the house in a prone position and set her face down on the sidewalk. Even though the female was not physically resisting in any way, Chauvin kneeled on her body, using his body weight to pin her to the ground while another officer moved the squad car closer. Chauvin then directed the other officer to apply a Hobble restraint to the female even though she was not providing any physical resistance. Chauvin’s conduct in kneeling on the female during this entire time was more force than was reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...hog-tie-a-suspect-who-wasnt-resisting-arrest/

I'm in Europe - do you think I will be getting to see the trial "live" - finally got my speakers fixed - so I'm ready!!

If you find anything broadcast in Europe - please post link! I do want to watch this one! And I'll also take on Cathy's tweets for the trial.... :)

Oh - another question - Don't know "who" the Mod is on this case but if anyone know - can you ask if we are going to have a thread for EACH TRIAL DAY?? I hope so - much easier to find stuff if anyone has to go back on a thread... :)

I don't believe this article - next post - was posted - at least I did not see it...

coming up! :)
I'm not sure of this has been mentioned or not, but you should be able to stream or watch whenever you want at this link.

Watch Live Coverage of MN v. Derek Chauvin on Court TV - Court TV

Thanks! I just was going to ask that question of where to watch!
You're welcome. The nice thing about watching there is you can watch live, or catch up if you are not able to watch live. They store each day of the trials in order, so if you watch online, you don't have to look around to see if they are in order like you would say for example on You Tube.
The video I believe is high resolution as well, so it makes it nicer to watch.

You're welcome. The nice thing about watching there is you can watch live, or catch up if you are not able to watch live. They store each day of the trials in order, so if you watch online, you don't have to look around to see if they are in order like you would say for example on You Tube.
The video I believe is high resolution as well, so it makes it nicer to watch.

Sounds good, again thanks!

Actually...... Chauvins hand is NOT in his pocket as it appears if you look quickly. However, if you zoom in on the screenshot, you will see that his hand is encased in a black glove and is folded on his upper thigh. Minor point, but the defense will use it.
To me, that looked like he was using his whole upper body weight as well as the weight of his leg strength to apply more pressure. MOO.

To me, that looked like he was using his whole upper body weight as well as the weight of his leg strength to apply more pressure. MOO.
Yes, I don't know if the videos are still available, but I remember it did look like he adjusted his body to apply more pressure right at that moment. I also thought he sprayed pepper spray to keep the crowd back but now I have no idea where to find the video. Imo

Thank you @Rocky1 - I have bookmarked that link! :)

Okay - trial starts here at 4pm.... 7 more hours to wait....

@JerseyGirl - and I'm ready to post my stuff for the trial.... :D Do you have a "Trial" thread yet? ;)

Thank you @Rocky1 - I have bookmarked that link! :)

Okay - trial starts here at 4pm.... 7 more hours to wait....

@JerseyGirl - and I'm ready to post my stuff for the trial.... :D Do you have a "Trial" thread yet? ;)

You can show me how Websleuths does a trial .... Cool.

Yes, I don't know if the videos are still available, but I remember it did look like he adjusted his body to apply more pressure right at that moment. I also thought he sprayed pepper spray to keep the crowd back but now I have no idea where to find the video. Imo
And there were the other two who were kneeling on his back where his lungs were.

I'm not sure of this has been mentioned or not, but you should be able to stream or watch whenever you want at this link.

Watch Live Coverage of MN v. Derek Chauvin on Court TV - Court TV

IIRC, historically, Court TV with Vinnie isn't always "live". They do delays for commercials etc. so they don't "sync" with others following "live" throughout the day. They put on "pause" even on their live stream online.

Others who have followed Court TV, please correct if I'm wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver