MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *officers charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chauvin just kept restricting his airways even after the guy (who repeated over and over, he's not even breathing,) finally said, "you just killed him, dude," or something like that.
To me that points to intent. It was as if he was trying to make sure he was dead, even after Floyd wasn't showing any signs of life and wasn't a threat.

I agree with what you’re saying about Chauvin continuing to restrict Floyd’s airway pointing to intent. Not that my additional observation will matter in court, but the sense I had also was Chauvin sending a message to the onlookers that he held all the power and would let up when he blankety-blank felt like it, even knowing Floyd was dead. His previous aggressive encounters with others show me that he was on an ego-driven power trip, no matter who got hurt. And maybe that serious character flaw adds to the evidence of intent. We’ll see.

I will make a new thread late tomorrow night or early Monday for the trial and we’ll see about opening up a thread for each day or every other day. Keep tagging me or send me a PM. Thanks.

You'll have to remember that I am 7 hours ahead of the East Coast! :D So maybe late Sunday...

I will make a new thread late tomorrow night or early Monday for the trial and we’ll see about opening up a thread for each day or every other day. Keep tagging me or send me a PM. Thanks.
@Lilibet *BUMP* for when trial thread will be created for tomorrow. Mods are on it!

I agree with what you’re saying about Chauvin continuing to restrict Floyd’s airway pointing to intent. Not that my additional observation will matter in court, but the sense I had also was Chauvin sending a message to the onlookers that he held all the power and would let up when he blankety-blank felt like it, even knowing Floyd was dead. His previous aggressive encounters with others show me that he was on an ego-driven power trip, no matter who got hurt. And maybe that serious character flaw adds to the evidence of intent. We’ll see.

Notwithstanding, the potentially deadly application of blood flow restrictions to the neck arteries. Carotid arteries and ???. There are two common carotid arteries, located on each side of the neck, that divide into the internal and external carotid arteries.

Cutting off blood flow due to knee on neck in addition to on back force restricting inhalation .... we shall hear much about MOO

Potentially so very many contributors...

IANAD... so we await to learn in court.... as cardiopulmonary (heart blood/air ) restrictions stated by autopsies = blood flow + air restrictions = death?

Brings me back to the 1980's when wrestling folks did the "sleeper hold" which made their opponents pass out by restricting blood supply at the neck. The links are saying don't do more than 15 seconds MOO or can cause permanent damage or death. Egads, just googled such, but won't post much here as to get conversation O/T.

"Avoid using the choke hold on someone with cardiovascular issues. The sleeper choke hold restricts blood flow to the brain. This means that individuals with heart or blood pressure problems can suffer a serious cardiac event if their blood flow is disrupted. Never perform this move on someone struggling with cardiovascular problems." How to Do a Sleeper Choke Hold: 13 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Last edited:
Also, even if Floyd was overdosing during this arrest due to swallowing the drugs. He said several times that he couldn’t breathe. Which the officers ignored. And Chauvin proceeded with the neck restraint. Floyd continued to say he couldn’t breathe. I’m dying to see how defense is going to spin those facts. We know they will have an expert to say that police officers can do whatever they want and anything they do is per their training and to keep themselves safe! We know that’s coming! Hopefully reason prevails with the jurors on that front.

The ultimate question is cause of death. He would’ve died anyway is what I expect defense will say. Smh. JMO.

I think defense is hoping for an acquittal on the murder charges and a hung jury on the manslaughter charge. Because there is no way to get around those 9 minutes with your knee on his neck! IMO. No way around it! There is also no way defense can say ‘oh he would’ve died even if the knee wasn’t on the neck.’ How can a doctor say he would’ve died regardless? With any kind of scientific certainty? That makes no sense to me.
Yes indeed. The defense team must win over just one juror = hung jury.

I've never watched a trial before but am really looking forward to watching this.

Do we (viewers) get to see everything that the jury does? All video, testimony, etc? Or is it "highlights" and often censored?

Short answer: Gavel-to-gavel coverage means entire trial, but probably not graphic photos presented to jury and of course, not sidebars. Judge rules on details of what public can see and hear.
(above stated based on my experience)

Yes, I remember the discussion in earlier threads about the expression on Chauvin's face as he stared at the bystanders. I had the same impression. It was almost a look of satisfaction.

I think it will be important to emphasis his use of excessive force. That maneuver is only supposed to be used for a minute or two at the most, and then the arrestee is supposed to be rolled over onto their side. Yet Chauvin continued for another 6 or 7 minutes.

If a police officer can be convicted of assault or battery for using excessive force, I don't see why they wouldn't be found guilty of murder if the arrestee died as a result. Imo

Also, even if Floyd was overdosing during this arrest due to swallowing the drugs. He said several times that he couldn’t breathe. Which the officers ignored. And Chauvin proceeded with the neck restraint. Floyd continued to say he couldn’t breathe. I’m dying to see how defense is going to spin those facts. We know they will have an expert to say that police officers can do whatever they want and anything they do is per their training and to keep themselves safe! We know that’s coming! Hopefully reason prevails with the jurors on that front.

The ultimate question is cause of death. He would’ve died anyway is what I expect defense will say. Smh. JMO.
@Weki ....oh yes, both prosecution and defense will have their "experts". I often dismiss testimony of "jail-house-snitches" and "paid- experts"

Yes, I remember the discussion in earlier threads about the expression on Chauvin's face as he stared at the bystanders. I had the same impression. It was almost a look of satisfaction.

I think it will be important to emphasis his use of excessive force. That maneuver is only supposed to be used for a minute or two at the most, and then the arrestee is supposed to be rolled over onto their side. Yet Chauvin continued for another 6 or 7 minutes.

If a police officer can be convicted of assault or battery for using excessive force, I don't see why they wouldn't be found guilty of murder if the arrestee died as a result. Imo
Agree @MsBetsy ...the look on Chauvin's face and hand in his pocket = pride and ego and satisfaction. imo

I think the defense will bring up that GF stated he couldn't breathe in the 2019 arrest, which i think is important in this case. It's unfortunate that many say they can't breath when in police custody as a way to delay going to jail, which imo is not the best idea (the boy who cried wolf comes to mind).Officers are not medical professionals, so that's why they call for an ambulance all the time anymore to check the box.

I've never watched a trial before but am really looking forward to watching this.

Do we (viewers) get to see everything that the jury does? All video, testimony, etc? Or is it "highlights" and often censored?

I watched the OJ Trial and Casey Anthony Trial, it is everything. Often, quite boring, because it seems to go slow. But I was interested in watching both of the criminals. They sort of acted like this was a party for them. CA tried to be more sedate, OJ was often smiling. I also remember Jodi Arias, I only watched parts of this trial, it just shows how narcissistic they are, they like being the "star".

I have noticed this with Lori Vallow Daybell as well.

I think Chauvin will also come across as narcissistic. It won't go well for him.

Noor actually did seem repentant about the death of Justine Damond, and I actually felt bad for him. He never should have been a police officer.

Which leads to the real problem in Minneapolis, the poor leadership and supervisors that allow officers like Chauvin and Noor to be out killing folks.

Back to television, it will be interesting, and I wonder if this jury will be sequestered. That will be a whole new twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver