GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if I want to change my answer to longer for the jury being out, considering they have a LONG LIST of exhibits. So maybe, 10 days? Or will it be shorter, hard to tell...

What’s the final count on the exhibit list? They have a lot of stuff to look through and analyze/discuss.

Eta: I’m wondering also if this will be a partially guilty verdict.

The unfair comment was from Maxine Waters. Even the judge was pissed about it and rightfully so. JMO
IMO, he was angry because one branch of the government should let another, equal, branch of government conduct business on its own. IMO, her comments were to the public, to rally them to action. I don't think she was threatening the jury, which is completely against how our system is supposed to work and illegal. It is not illegal to rally the public to lawful action, though she shouldn't comment on a case in progress any more than officials generally do not comment on investigations in progress either.

jmo

edited to add the word "lawful" before "action"

I disagree. Cahill didn’t tell people to get confrontational if they don’t get what they want. IMO
The Constitution give us the right to protest. Protesting doesn't automatically mean violence. If we don't confront the wrongs in our society... nothing will change.

I hope we get a relatively quick verdict (by end of the day tomorrow) and that it is just!! I have faith that this jury will be fair and careful! Overall I feel like jurors try to do their best and render a fair verdict. Especially after being a juror myself. There are always one or two jurors though. And that’s the main concern. I feel in this case an acquittal on the murder charges is not gonna happen. But they could hang on the murder charges esp 2nd degree and convict on 3rd degree and manslaughter. I’m mentally preparing for that outcome.

Apparently Greys Anatomy and the show that precedes it included references to the case. Hopefully the jurors weren't watching those shows.
IF they did see the show, which we don't know, I hope they realize it is a fictional show. I hope they are bright enough to figure that out (and hopefully turn the channel).

jmo

Alright folks. It’s been nice discussing this case with y’all, but I think it’s time I depart before I get thrown in TO. Lol I pray for peace no matter what the outcome of this is.

I'm starting to feel the same way.

(I’m not caught up in the discussion, and frankly am sidetracked with work but just wanted to offer some very important advice, coming from one who has done a lot of hard time in the can - the ignore button is your friend, feel free to use it, I sure do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08