GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link and transcript.
Are there any links anywhere stating she specifically called for a riot or not?

If there is a no guilty verdict for George Floyd, it is NOT because the Sate did not put in the resources, the state and every witness and expert that testified on behalf of the state, because they put forward a brilliant case.
So, I disagree with her on that.
The State did everything possible.
So many Mn PD testified clearly and coherently.

Daunte wright's case is an entirely different matter.
Yeah, but youll have to watch some video, there may be some edited clips to just her but around 2 hours 11 minutes she speaks and then around 2 hours 15 minutes she is speaking to mostly reporters after talking to the crowd.

In that exchange a man asks her "as a black man, despite all of the efforts I feel like nothing changes. And George Floyd is waking people up yet nothings happened despite the rhetoric. What needs to happen that's different this year than all the years before?"

She replies " we are looking for a guilty lty verdict. " And later on "I'm hoping that we get a verdict that says guilty guilty guilty and if we don't then we cannot go away."
Same man"not for manslaughter right?"
She replies " oh no not manslaughter. no no no this is guilty for murder. I don't know if it's first degree but as far as I'm concerned it's first degree".

Long live stream video link -- https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BRJjBeBvPjJw?t=2h11m46s

No she didn't and there's like 6 or 7 minutes of an interview when she was on the street. I just listened to some of it and got this much

"We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business."

She also encouraged people to defy the curfew.

Saying to be "more confrontational" is pretty inciting IMHO.

To me the "more confrontational" means that the level of confrontation that is happening right now with the current protests is not enough.

So up the level of confrontation from the current protest to something more than that. Yes, I would call that pretty inciting myself. JMO

Most cops that I know want him convicted. They think he's a that's needlessly makes their jobs harder. In Milwaukee LE is looking at mandatory 12-14 hour shifts if he isn't convicted. You'd better believe most want him convicted.

IMO, he was angry because one branch of the government should let another, equal, branch of government conduct business on its own. IMO, her comments were to the public, to rally them to action. I don't think she was threatening the jury, which is completely against how our system is supposed to work and illegal. It is not illegal to rally the public to lawful action, though she shouldn't comment on a case in progress any more than officials generally do not comment on investigations in progress either.

jmo

edited to add the word "lawful" before "action"
BBM: The key word here is Lawful action. JMO

With Chauvin Verdict Looming, Facebook Deems Minneapolis ‘High-Risk Location’ And Will Remove Content That Promotes Violence

Minneapolis, Other Cities Boost Security Ahead of Chauvin Verdict
April 19, 2021, at 7:24 p.m.

“Citing the "threat of civil unrest," Minnesota Governor Tim Walz declared a preemptive state of emergency in the Minneapolis metropolitan area and requested security assistance from other states. Local officers were stretched, he said, having policed a week of protests over the fatal police shooting of a Black man in a Minneapolis suburb and bracing for more protests over the Chauvin trial verdict.

At a news briefing, Walz said "systemic changes" were necessary to protect Black Americans but said, "We cannot allow civil unrest to descend into chaos. We must protect life and property."”

When the verdict is in, can someone @ me please? My messages are off due to not wanting to be hounded on a case that I’m a verified insider on. I spend a lot of time outside with my blind father and I’m not always around a tv when we weren’t watching the actual trial.

When the verdict is in, can someone @ me please? My messages are off due to not wanting to be hounded on a case that I’m a verified insider on. I spend a lot of time outside with my blind father and I’m not always around a tv when we weren’t watching the actual trial.
I will do my best too!

Derek Chauvin trial judge slams Maxine Waters' inflammatory comments

"And now that we have [a] U.S. representative … threatening acts of violence in relation to this specific case, it's it's mind boggling to me to have," Attorney Eric Nelson said, as he attempted to argue that the jury may have been unduly influenced by external factors.

Judge Peter Cahill said that he wished elected officials would stop referencing the case "especially in a manner that is disrespectful to the rule of law" so as to let the judicial process play out as intended.

Derek Chauvin trial judge slams Maxine Waters' inflammatory comments
The way I see it, she should be charged with inciting a riot, just like anyone else has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024