GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sky tv showing reaction outside court house

Talking to Courtney. “She is shocked it wasn’t longer.. it is a beginning. She wants us to continue this fight. It is a little disappointing”

She has just added he wasn’t violent and he wouldn’t want anyone to act violently

Last edited:
Derek Chauvin sentenced to 22.5 years for the murder of George Floyd (nbcnews.com)

Prosecutors had asked that Chauvin receive 30 years in prison. His lawyer sought probation.

MINNEAPOLIS — Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murder in the death of George Floyd, was sentenced Friday to 22.5 years in prison, closing a chapter on a case that sparked global outrage and protests.

He was granted credit for time served...

Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill said his sentence was not based on public opinion, "emotion or sympathy." He said he was not trying "send any messages."

"But at the same time I want to acknowledge the deep and tremendous pain that all the families are feeling, especially the Floyd family," Cahill said...

The jury didn't have involuntary manslaughter as an option:
*murder in the second degree while committing a felony,
*third-degree murder
*second-degree manslaughter.
Not guilty on all three of those.

It seems to me that the judge was setting up the lighter sentence and took the easy way out to not have to discuss his reasoning with the family present while giving him a lesser than max sentence.

There are federal charges coming. He will serve more time I believe.

Mr. Floyd was murdered. It is confirmed by the judge and legal system.

Now to find out what the family will get as information the this murderer dangled.....

And now any jackass will find a reason to protest, riot etc...the statues of GF will be painted on again like in Newark .....damn kids. I am starting to feel old !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005