GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #21

MOO, but if you watch the whole documentary, it reveals so much more support that was not allowed to be shown to the jury. The restraint technique, Floyd's past arrest footage for another incident where he swallows pills and reacts pretty much the exact same way he did when he died. The jury should have been shown the WHOLE footage from Floyd's arrest, from the first interaction with him.

I am sickened by the way Arrondondo lied under oath, and the evidence the judge would not allow to be presented. Shameful. And if you watch the footage of rioting and listen to the police officers who were there, they just let the 3rd precinct be overrun. The whole event was a tragedy all the way around. And Mpls still has not recovered.
Well I am trying hard to be more open minded and of course respect differing opinions and try to understand where a different viewpoint is coming from. I am a work in progress.

That being said I think it would be a good idea for me to closely study the documentary and list the points the documentary is pushing.

To get an exact list point by point of what was actually missing that the jury really should have seen. I think the entire point here is that there could have been reasonable doubt by the jury if they had seen some evidence that the judge didn't allow or for some reason wasn't presented by the defense. Why not? I would like to know.

I will find out what exactly this is. When I get a chance, a bit busy now with family and Christmas. In a couple days.

Maybe no ones interested anymore but I actually would really like to know if there really is anything to this documentary.

Last edited:
Can you link that please? Seems strange that high levels of dangerous narcotics result in limited overdose deaths.

I feel the quote from the medical examiner in this case that I linked above makes perfect sense. JMO.
Here ya go.

"A detailed autopsy report and a toxicology report by NMS Labs made public with the consent of Floyd’s family and legal representatives said that Floyd had visible blunt force injuries on his body, including on his face and arm, and that a blood screen revealed his fentanyl levels at 11 ng/mL, norfentanyl at 5.6 ng/mL, and methamphetamine at 19 ng/mL (here).

During the murder trial for Chauvin, whose lawyers argued that Floyd had died as a result of a drug overdose, Dr. Andrew Baker, Hennepin County’s chief medical examiner, reiterated his autopsy findings. Reuters reported on Baker’s April 9, 2021 testimony (here) and a video can be seen (here), (here).

“Mr. Floyd’s use of fentanyl did not cause the subdual or the neck restraint, his heart disease did not cause the subdual or the neck restraint,” Baker told the jury. He added that while Floyd suffered from heart disease, and fentanyl and methamphetamine found in his blood may have played a role in the death, they “were not direct causes.”

Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, a forensic toxicologist, testified during Chauvin’s trial that the level of methamphetamine found in Floyd’s blood was comparable to levels found in samples taken from living people detained for driving under the influence of narcotics (here).

And, it was not necessarily as GF was not violent.

In the video you can see him resisting arrest. MY INTERPRETATION of the video is that he was having a drug induced anxiety attack and resisting arrest quite forcefully. He was IN MY OPINION a very large muscular young man who looks to me very strong.

He had committed serious violent crime in the past.

People on meth can be very strong and very violent and turn suddenly IN MY OPINION. My guess is police would have seen that before.

I don't think it was unreasonable to make sure he was adequately restrained for his safety, LEOs safety, and the public's safety.

Doing anything to a neck is still stupid, but they were trained to do so as a last resort and they had already tried other options.
Should have followed the neck training better though.

Maybe a taser or a sedative injection would have been better, but are they allowed to do those?

Can you link that please? Seems strange that high levels of dangerous narcotics result in limited overdose deaths.

I feel the quote from the medical examiner in this case that I linked above makes perfect sense. JMO.
This is the testimony from the trial.

Begins @ 25:00 comparing Floyds level of drugs to ODs and DUI arrests toxicology reports.

In the video you can see him resisting arrest. MY INTERPRETATION of the video is that he was having a drug induced anxiety attack and resisting arrest quite forcefully. He was IN MY OPINION a very large muscular young man who looks to me very strong.

People on meth can be very strong and very violent and turn suddenly IN MY OPINION. My guess is police would have seen that before.

I don't think it was unreasonable to make sure he was adequately restrained for his safety, LEOs safety, and the public's safety.

Doing anything to a neck is still stupid, but they were trained to do so as a last resort and they had already tried other options.

Maybe a taser or a sedative injection would have been better, but are they allowed to do those?
Once they got Floyd cuffed behind his back and on his stomach he was no threat at all to the 3 cops.
He just laid there and begged for mercy as they tortured him to death.

'Minneapolis has now paid more than $35 million because of Derek Chauvin's excessive force'​

'Minneapolis has now paid more than $35 million because of Derek Chauvin’s excessive force

'Newly released videos show former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on the necks of two handcuffed suspects years before he did the same to George Floyd.

The edited videos were made public Thursday after the Minneapolis City Council voted to settle two civil rights lawsuits for nearly $9 million.

John Pope will be paid $7.5 million. The city settled with Zoya Code for nearly $1.4 million.

They accused Chauvin of excessive force during separate incidents in 2017.
Minneapolis has now paid more than $35 million because of Derek Chauvin’s excessive force

I don't think Chauvin was even disciplined for using excessive force on 14 yr old John Pope.

Here ya go.

"A detailed autopsy report and a toxicology report by NMS Labs made public with the consent of Floyd’s family and legal representatives said that Floyd had visible blunt force injuries on his body, including on his face and arm, and that a blood screen revealed his fentanyl levels at 11 ng/mL, norfentanyl at 5.6 ng/mL, and methamphetamine at 19 ng/mL (here).

During the murder trial for Chauvin, whose lawyers argued that Floyd had died as a result of a drug overdose, Dr. Andrew Baker, Hennepin County’s chief medical examiner, reiterated his autopsy findings. Reuters reported on Baker’s April 9, 2021 testimony (here) and a video can be seen (here), (here).

“Mr. Floyd’s use of fentanyl did not cause the subdual or the neck restraint, his heart disease did not cause the subdual or the neck restraint,” Baker told the jury. He added that while Floyd suffered from heart disease, and fentanyl and methamphetamine found in his blood may have played a role in the death, they “were not direct causes.”

Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, a forensic toxicologist, testified during Chauvin’s trial that the level of methamphetamine found in Floyd’s blood was comparable to levels found in samples taken from living people detained for driving under the influence of narcotics (here).

<modsnip> The autopsy report is clear that Mr. Floyd suffered from heart disease, had Fentanyl and Meth in his blood, and these may have PLAYED A ROLE, but they were not "direct causes".

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go.

Thanks. So the ME states that the drugs in MR Floyds system may have played a role in his death. JMO.

GF did not want to go to the police department and be asked about the bill. But, he was handcuffed. No need for violence, IMHO. Maybe a better way is to explain the options, “would you rather come with us, or would you rather we call the feds here and now and let them take over? Because, sir, we are not going to drop the case”. From what I understand, GF was street-smart, so why not negotiate?

We don’t know why GF resisted getting into the car. JMO - if GF had drugs on him, and drugs for an addict are worth a lot, I can assume he didn’t want to part with them. But this is strictly my opinion. (And TBH, we don’t know where the street drugs confiscated by the police go, is there a protocol, are they destroyed? One case with James Burke, former Suffolk County police chief, makes people wonder.)

The problem was brewing for a long time. This just happened to be the case that broke the camel’s back.

I suspect that the core problem is that cops are scared themselves because of guns on the streets, and probably, there is poor training in conflict resolution. I am totally against defunding the police, in fact, I am for inviting smarter people and training them better, but something needs to be done.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Here are the some ludicrous claims that are supposed to exonerate Chauvin and his 3 cohorts.
There's no evidence any of them are valid.
1. Not to stop riots.
2. Chauvin was not trained to keep using extreme force on a lifeless person, he was trained to give medical attention which he refused to so.
3. No evidence that the FBI interfered with the coroners report, if anything it was part of their investigation which led to federal charges against all 4 cops.
4. Donella Frazier's video of Floyd being tortured to death left no doubt about what took place, so no rush to judgement there.
Even the 911-dispatcher knew from watching the police screen from her desk that extreme force was being used and continued being used which is why she reported it to her Sargent.
5. It's a moot point that it took 20 mins for the EMTs to arrive because Chauvin and the 3 were required to give a "no pulse" George Floyd who was in their custody medical aid until the ambulance arrived, which they refused to do.
Chauvin wouldn't even roll Floyd off his stomach which is required.

**** The claim sent to Chauvin's defense from a doctor/pathologist(?) that Floyd died from an adrenaline surge from his tumor is also moot due to it's his theory with no evidence to back it up.
Also when he made that claim he conveniently did not mention the extreme force used on Floyd.

*edit*

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

It was reported early into the case, and at that time, the report was different. The ways the information was presented changed, and what was presented changed, too. For example, initial reports mentioned MN being flooded with counterfeit money, and the feds asking all vendors to report such cases, hence the call of the owner's nephew.

What I read was that initially, Lane attempted CPR. I found the latest article, from the court, and the information stays. (Given that where I lived, people were horrified of Covid, I think it was a selfless move.

I think a lot is obvious if you watch the video from the very beginning especially facial impressions. IMHO - neither Lane nor Kueng enjoy the arrest at all. Lane was just hired, Kueng was a very rookie policeman.)
I think Lane was horrified too at what had happened. And Keung. I have empathy for both and fully believe that if Chauvin hadn’t been there none of this would have happened. He was the catalyst and the instigator.

The massaging of the data reminds me of the Ahmaud Arbery killing where there continues to be revision and questioning of the evidence and subsequent verdict. The facts in this case are that Mr. Floyd was placed face down on a pavement and despite repeatedly telling the murderers that he could not breathe, no effort was made to change position or check on him. Indeed, after Mr. Floyd was no longer speaking and crying for his mother, not a single one of the men who were found responsible for his death ever checked on him to ascertain whether he needed medical assistance. Many people have heart disease, many have drugs in their systems but his heart disease did not kill him that day. Neither did the level of drugs in his system. What killed him was indifference and a belief that kneeling on his neck and body was totally justified even after he lost the ability to conscientiousness. Not a single one of these murdering men knew of his blood levels and did not make decisions based on those levels. In fact, if a person loses conscientiousness then you are supposed to provide live saving aid and measures as a police officer or first responder AND relinquish that duty when someone who has more training takes over.

edited for grammar.

Last edited:
revison often happens when people were not told the truth in thef first place the cops may very well be guilty as charged but were not told the full story for a start it seems exessive force was officail policy not the isolated actions of one cop

revison often happens when people were not told the truth in thef first place the cops may very well be guilty as charged but were not told the full story for a start it seems exessive force was officail policy not the isolated actions of one cop

The revisionism that seems to happen in this case is about Mr. Floyd not the rampant abuse of the system of the murderer who knelt on his neck. This man did indeed have complaint before that went unanswered AND he was a supervisor (why would a man with a history of complaints be called upon to help new officers in the field?). That said, he seems to be the only person who murdered a handcuffed, unconscious man without ever skipping a beat (as seen on video). The department had stopped these kinds of restraints if I recall correctly but not this man.

Again, I have no issue with questioning the police leadership and decision-making but much of the revisionism has centered on the idea that Mr. Floyd died as a result of drugs or heart disease-- which were not determined to be the cause of death.

I don't think Chauvin was even disciplined for using excessive force on 14 yr old John Pope.

This should have been seriously delt with years ago at that time. Note he held his knee to the boy's neck and held the boy by his throat. At least he pleaded guilty to it and it was included in his plea deal. Thanks for pointing it out.

Chauvin also pleaded guilty to violating the civil rights of a 14-year-old boy in 2017 as part of his plea deal. During that incident, Chauvin held the boy by his throat, hit him with his flashlight, and held his knee to his neck while he was not resisting arrest. He was charged with depriving the boy of his right to be free of unreasonable force.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33
Back