GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In any other circumstances, the quantities of fentanyl and methamphetamines he had taken would be sufficient to class his death as an overdose, according to Dr Andrew Baker, who performed the autopsy.

Several of Floyd's arteries were 75 per cent blocked from severe underlying heart disease. He was also suffering from Covid.

Put all of this together and even the smallest increase in heart rate could have proved fatal. The medical examiner stated: 'Floyd had Fentanyl at 11ng/ml [nanograms per millilitre] but deaths have been certified [with] levels of 3.

'If he had been found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes this could be acceptable to call an OD [overdose].'

At home he would not have died while being restrained. The neck compression would not have contributed to his death so it would look like a fentanyl overdose. But that was not the case, he died while 3 LE officers held him down for a long time on his stomach while cuffed and while one leaned his knee into Floyd's neck.

An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide.

Baker:

If Floyd were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD.

There was no proof the fentanyl had killed Floyd. I am not saying this killed him

Maybe some reasonable doubt?

That is fine. Like I said, of course there will be people who have enough reasonable doubt to think justice wasn't served in this case, that Chauvin was over charged over sentenced, etc....

You apparently have reasonable doubt for some reason and your entitled to your opinion. I just gave detailed reasons why I believe DC committed murder beyond reasonable doubt. I do not believe DC followed proper training protocol and I agree that he didn't like the crowd telling him what to do so he played tough guy and doubled down. Ego instead of being a normal decent officer following his training.

However, I think the rookies were over charged.

2 Cents

Last edited:
In any other circumstances, the quantities of fentanyl and methamphetamines he had taken would be sufficient to class his death as an overdose, according to Dr Andrew Baker, who performed the autopsy.

Several of Floyd's arteries were 75 per cent blocked from severe underlying heart disease. He was also suffering from Covid.

Put all of this together and even the smallest increase in heart rate could have proved fatal. The medical examiner stated: 'Floyd had Fentanyl at 11ng/ml [nanograms per millilitre] but deaths have been certified [with] levels of 3.

'If he had been found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes this could be acceptable to call an OD [overdose].'

Was G. Floyd suffering from Covid? In Wikipedia, I found that he got over Covid, do we have some other information? It might be important in general.

To me, when I view the video, it looks like Floyd is pretty sick, and when he says he is claustrophobic, i think he may not be understanding how sick he is. Lane and Kueng are unenthused about the arrest, and it is only Chauvin who enjoys the situation, the power. I think that neck compression and standing on the chest of a sick person would surely put him to death sooner, and Covid would be enough reason. In no way does Floyd being on drugs (we know he struggled with substances, he made no secret of it, tried to get clean) justify Chauvin's treatment. (If we justify it, then any drunk schoolkid driving from a party deserves the same, so, sharp no). If Floyd had Covid, even worse, as it was considered a deadly disease at that time.

But then, Lane performing CPR at least shows another side of it - he was following the order of a higher in rank, but left alone, he tried to help? To a person who might have given him Covid and was foaming at the mouth? Maybe alone, Lane was not a bad person, just given the example of wrong training? (Lane's f-bombs mean little to me, he spoke this way to his attorney, I know people who use f-word like an introductory one, like I say "well" instead. Doesn’t tell much about him, IMHO).

Chauvin appears deadly angry that day. I always wondered if Thao's reaction indicated he knew more about what was going on in Chauvin's life, and I suspect something indeed was, but Chauvin was a ticking time bomb. He had no right to show up at work in such a frame of mind, he was a danger to the society.

Was G. Floyd suffering from Covid? In Wikipedia, I found that he got over Covid, do we have some other information? It might be important in general.

To me, when I view the video, it looks like Floyd is pretty sick, and when he says he is claustrophobic, i think he may not be understanding how sick he is. Lane and Kueng are unenthused about the arrest, and it is only Chauvin who enjoys the situation, the power. I think that neck compression and standing on the chest of a sick person would surely put him to death sooner, and Covid would be enough reason. In no way does Floyd being on drugs (we know he struggled with substances, he made no secret of it, tried to get clean) justify Chauvin's treatment. (If we justify it, then any drunk schoolkid driving from a party deserves the same, so, sharp no). If Floyd had Covid, even worse, as it was considered a deadly disease at that time.

But then, Lane performing CPR at least shows another side of it - he was following the order of a higher in rank, but left alone, he tried to help? To a person who might have given him Covid and was foaming at the mouth? Maybe alone, Lane was not a bad person, just given the example of wrong training? (Lane's f-bombs mean little to me, he spoke this way to his attorney, I know people who use f-word like an introductory one, like I say "well" instead. Doesn’t tell much about him, IMHO).

Chauvin appears deadly angry that day. I always wondered if Thao's reaction indicated he knew more about what was going on in Chauvin's life, and I suspect something indeed was, but Chauvin was a ticking time bomb. He had no right to show up at work in such a frame of mind, he was a danger to the society.
DC seems to me a person who is not exactly normal.
His strange behaviour in Court was a real surprise for me.
Also, he was behaving as if he genuinely didn't understand what he did was wrong.
Strange guy :oops:

JMO

Floyd was sudued, in hand cuffs, on stomach not side, complaining of not breathing not feeling good, already held down by 2 other officers.....ETC....None of this supports neck restraint/pressure of any kind.....Floyd was already restrained /subdued.

MOO, but if you watch the whole documentary, it reveals so much more support that was not allowed to be shown to the jury. The restraint technique, Floyd's past arrest footage for another incident where he swallows pills and reacts pretty much the exact same way he did when he died. The jury should have been shown the WHOLE footage from Floyd's arrest, from the first interaction with him.

I am sickened by the way Arrondondo lied under oath, and the evidence the judge would not allow to be presented. Shameful. And if you watch the footage of rioting and listen to the police officers who were there, they just let the 3rd precinct be overrun. The whole event was a tragedy all the way around. And Mpls still has not recovered.

It’s crazy to me that there’s video of this man literally dying on the ground while a police officer puts pressure on his neck and he pleads that he can’t breathe, yet people still do the mental gymnastics to insist it was a drug overdose. MOO
If he actually couldn't breath from the pressure on his neck, then how was he able to say that he couldn't breath? Speech requires breath.
It doesnt make sense IN MY OPINION.

The 'mental gymnastics' is basic logic.
A person without covid and without all those drugs in their system might have survived the neck restraint as stupid as that was. Likewise if the idiotic neck restraint hadn't happened, he still might have died from the covid and the drugs.

DC seems to me a person who is not exactly normal.
His strange behaviour in Court was a real surprise for me.
Also, he was behaving as if he genuinely didn't understand what he did was wrong.
Strange guy :oops:

JMO

At first I thought, angry and stupid. Then, given his ability to accumulate money for the house here, and in Florida, maybe not stupid, just avaricious? Then I thought, maybe all smarts in the family went to the wife, and he was a provider, working two jobs and always feeling inadequate? I agree, he is not totally there. Either mental illness, or substance abuse, or both? But, he grew through the ranks, and he was "training" the rookie cops...

At first I thought, angry and stupid. Then, given his ability to accumulate money for the house here, and in Florida, maybe not stupid, just avaricious? Then I thought, maybe all smarts in the family went to the wife, and he was a provider, working two jobs and always feeling inadequate? I agree, he is not totally there. Either mental illness, or substance abuse, or both? But, he grew through the ranks, and he was "training" the rookie cops...
He seems to lack social skills.
I noticed it watching a video with his wife when she won the beauty contest.
And also in Court.
As if he suffered from social anxiety.
He looked soooo awkward.
He also seemed to me as if he was a cop with a mission.
As if catching criminals was his whole life and nothing else mattered.
At all cost.
He and Tao were really a pair of weird guys :rolleyes:

But it is only my opinion.

JMO

Last edited:
I gather you're referring to when the medics moved a deceased George Floyd into the ambulance?

It was reported early into the case, and at that time, the report was different. The ways the information was presented changed, and what was presented changed, too. For example, initial reports mentioned MN being flooded with counterfeit money, and the feds asking all vendors to report such cases, hence the call of the owner's nephew.

What I read was that initially, Lane attempted CPR. I found the latest article, from the court, and the information stays. (Given that where I lived, people were horrified of Covid, I think it was a selfless move.

I think a lot is obvious if you watch the video from the very beginning especially facial impressions. IMHO - neither Lane nor Kueng enjoy the arrest at all. Lane was just hired, Kueng was a very rookie policeman.)

He seems to lack social skills.
I noticed it watching a video with his wife when she won the beauty contest.
And also in Court.
As if he suffered from social anxiety.
He looked soooo awkward.
He also seemed to me as if he was a cop with a mission.
As if catching criminals was his whole life and nothing else mattered.
At all cost.
He and Tao were really a pair of weird guys :rolleyes:

But it is only my opinion.

JMO
I see what you see. It is even stranger that DC has the same facial expression when pressing on GF's carotid artery, and looks far away. I'd assume that if you are doing something hazardous, you have to observe the person's reaction. But too often I see the same photos - a policeman applying chokehold, for example, and not even watching the person. And many have the same facial expressions indicating lack of social skills (NY cop who choked Eric Gardner, too).

If he actually couldn't breath from the pressure on his neck, then how was he able to say that he couldn't breath? Speech requires breath.

A person without covid and without all those drugs in their system might have survived the neck restraint as stupid as that was. Likewise if the idiotic neck restraint hadn't happened, he still might have died from the covid and the drugs.

Didn't you see the video? As he is losing air he says he can't breath then he passes out and stops talking because he died.

Covid, drugs? Not logical.
I am walking across the street and get run over and killed by a drunk driver running a red light. The police arrest the driver for vehicle homicide.

At trial the defense tells the jury that my tox screen showed drugs in my system and I had covid. The defense says I could have died later that day from drugs or covid.

See how illogical this is?

You may buy this but I am glad the jury did not.

2 Cents

Last edited:

That's the same thing Officer Tou Thao, a participant to Floyd's killing, said and the judge didn't buy that. He got 5 years in prison. It's a miracle Floyd could even say anything as Chauvin knelt down on him. The loss of consciousness is proof enough that the kneeling killed him

That was blown to smithereens at the trial when DMV arrest records were entered as evidence and showed hundreds of arrests for DUI's where the arrestees had the same level of drugs or higher than Floyd had and none OD'ed or died.
Can you link that please? Seems strange that high levels of dangerous narcotics result in limited overdose deaths.

I feel the quote from the medical examiner in this case that I linked above makes perfect sense. JMO.

Another point I need to make and I want to respect your opinion even though we see it different and that's ok.

You say getting his neck choked might not have killed him if he didn't have covid and didn't have drugs in his system.

Prosecutors do not go by this when charging someone for murder, they go by direct cause of death.

For example, let's say my husband is deliberately shot and is in critical condition in the hospital and he dies.

His tox screen shows drugs in his system and he has covid. The coroner lists cause of death as homicide from internal bleeding due to the gunshot wound.

His covid and drugs may have made his immune system weaker while his body fought the bleeding but if he had not been shot he would not have died at that time.

Maybe he would have died a different
day from just drugs or just covid but not at that time.

The DA is not going to let the suspect off the hook just because there was secondary contributing factors that may have weakened his immune system.

The suspect will be charged with murder. At trial the jury will not buy the drug or covid defense because clearly he died on that day at that time due to the gun shot.

Floyd died on that day at that time due to excessive neck compression plus being held on his stomach rather than his side. The training told them to aways turn a person on their side to keep their airway open.

Also Floyd's body was compressed by 2 other officers. Overall compression contributed to death according to the autopsy.

2 Cents

Can you link that please? Seems strange that high levels of dangerous narcotics result in limited overdose deaths.

I feel the quote from the medical examiner in this case that I linked above makes perfect sense. JMO.

JMO - one time differs from another. “Good batch” vs “bad batch”, that street users can not control, relapsing after being clean and tolerance has decreased, what else is on board (e.g., Xanax used with street opiates). Only recently did it hit me why they use opiates and meth, as effects are essentially opposite. (So that the users don’t fall asleep and stop breathing, as meth is a stimulant.) So, we can’t say what is the deadly dose or not, it all depends. The saddest truth, neither the dealers most of whom are users as well, nor their clients can control what they are putting into their body, it all depends on the day. Perhaps presence of a buddy user with Naloxone is one’s best bet.

But - neither of it applies to overuse of a potentially deadly measure, neck compression, for 9 minutes. And, it was not necessarily as GF was not violent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back