Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had some things to do before work today so I took the long way and drove through Fridley.

Someone asked earlier if POVS has outdoor cameras, not that I could find. There are none on the outside awning, and none on the light poles that are on the street. But now that I think about it, I didn't check if there are light poles in the parking lot. Duh.

It took me 6 minutes to get to the SA on 73rd. It took 5 more minutes to get to the park his phone pinged at.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Right. If they were pocket dials it usually picks up the first person in the address book, or the least person you called.

He pocket dialed his wife and she spoke to him, so that makes sense that he would have pocket dialed her again. But why/how would it have next dialed his brother?

In the voicemail his wife got, it kinda sounded like he was getting zapped with a tazer or stun gun type thing.

At first I thought drowning too but would they have been able to hear the voice that said stop it clearly if the phone had gone under water?

If someone is pushing your head into water to drown you, you are clawing, fighting, grabbing whatever to get out of the situation. I could see the phone not being wet enough to shut down at the beginning and middle of the fight. Or if someone was drowning you indoors (ie, sink, tub) it might not get very wet at all, IMO. Assuming the phone was in a pants or jeans pocket, of course.

Corporate tax is my world... a state auditor is not likely to find anything other than some state adjustments that weren't made or nexus /consolation issues. Everything would be documented, and the taxpayer wouldn't know until a proposed adjustment report was made and a copy given to the taxpayer. Auditors don't have free access to the corporate books. They are given schedules supporting tax return numbers, and they aren't allowed to go on fishing expeditions. So not likely work related, IMO.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

But he was his union's president. Although I have to wonder just how rowdy a state employees union is likely to get in a blue-friendly state like Minnesota. Unless it was more of a power struggle??

And there is a lot more in that article... Sounds like the search warrant was executed to obtain WPK's cell phone records. They are saying he is not a POI at this time. I bet that will change very soon.
Absolutely there is a ton of info in the article. Interesting info.

In regards to an animal attack, could it possibly have been a cougar? With the ammunition plant in Arden Hills being cleaned up and developed, it could be pushing whatever wildlife has been living there for years more into the cities. It's rare, but there have been cougar sightings in the cities and he might have been walking through the woods back there. Seems far fetched, but who knows.

http://dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/cougar/index.html

But wouldn't some signs be seen along a walking route? Blood, ripped clothing, etc?

Thanks for that info kelso! Definitely supports my thoughts about his job being made out to be more than it is. $41,000 a year for a family of four is at the lower level of "middle class". The median income for MN is $60,700 and the low cutoff for that income class is $40,468 according to a PEW analysis of 2013 census data.

My husband makes slightly less than that, and we do just fine with 4 children. It is how you manage it. And we don't get EBT or anything like that. No new vehicles, no fancy furniture or clothes, no flying vacations. There is no need to put the man down because his salary does not meet some approved level.

Thank you! I don't understand why the focus is on his job title and how important it is , income or how educated or well-spoken he might be. The man is still missing regardless. JMO

Drat. My websleuthing needs help. I was sure WPK left H off at the SA where he said.

Thank you! I don't understand why the focus is on his job title and how important it is , income or how educated or well-spoken he might be. The man is still missing regardless. JMO

Sorry if it appeared as if I was focusing on job title, etc. My comments are being taken out of context. People were speculating that his job might have put him in some kind of dangerous situation, either finding something in somebody's books or something along the lines of bribery/corruption, and I was pointing out that his job as an auditor is not as important as the media is making it sound, so that is very unlikely. I certainly was not putting him down for being an ambitious and hard-working government employee.

But he was his union's president. Although I have to wonder just how rowdy a state employees union is likely to get in a blue-friendly state like Minnesota. Unless it was more of a power struggle??

I think you're thinking of years ago. MN unions are not longshoremen. They are sedate from my experience.

Sorry if it appeared as if I was focusing on job title, etc. My comments are being taken out of context. There was peculation that his job might have put him in some kind of dangerous situation, either finding something in somebody's books or something along the lines of bribery/corruption, and I was pointing out that his job as an auditor is not as important as the media is making it sound. I certainly was not putting him down for being an ambitious and hard-working government employee.

Check this out: http://www.mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/classification-and-job-evaluation/job-class-specs/

A state auditor investigates finances of local governments, health care systems - basically to do with government. It's not likely he found bribery/corruption.

I'm starting to wonder if something horribly unfortunate occurred - maybe because of extreme intoxication - and "whomever" was with him is just covering it up after freaking out. Nothing sinister but accidental.

I'm not so sure I believe it because it appears IMO a lot has been done to hide Henry. Alive or not. Maybe some forethought? But just a thought nonetheless.

And here we go...

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...sing-mounds-view-man-friends-story-questioned

In case of missing Mounds View man, friend's story questioned

The last person who saw Henry McCabe before he disappeared said he dropped his friend off at a gas station. He took investigators to the station and showed them where he parked.

But surveillance footage doesn't back up the story.

Perhaps it was a different gas station, the friend said.

But no gas station cameras in the area captured the friend's vehicle.

WPK also states that another person took HM's wallet to keep him from buying more drinks. JMO, but sounds to me like WPK and this other person may both be involved.
Anyone know if MSM or LE have mentioned locating HM's wallet? The article didn't state if the other person returned it to HM before he left POV'S. My bs meter is at full tilt!

WPK also states that another person took HM's wallet to keep him from buying more drinks. JMO, but sounds to me like WPK and this other person may both be involved.
Anyone know if MSM or LE have mentioned locating HM's wallet? The article didn't state if the other person returned it to HM before he left POV'S. My bs meter is at full tilt!

Agreed!
I think its possible they found his wallet with WPF or the other guy otherwise they would have never said they took his wallet. I don't think this will have a good ending at all. Once they get the phone records and where WPF's phone pinged I think they will find HM

The other person is CJ. His statements seem to be shooting straight so far and he is not sticking up for WPK as vehemently as you would expect someone in on a crime might do, but anything is possible of course. What we have is CJ saying Henry left with WPK alone and WPK not denying that. Then we have police video not corroborating WPK's statements. If LE is not interrogating him now, they should be.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...sing-mounds-view-man-friends-story-questioned

I love this article. Especially where they state they have no POIs and then go on to explain all the ways WPK is interesting.

Updated news:
http://www.startribune.com/another-search-planned-for-missing-mounds-view-man/331133641/

Another weekend search at the ping location this Saturday. I hope someone from MCPS calls Northstar SAR to help this time.

The other person is CJ. His statements seem to be shooting straight so far and he is not sticking up for WPK as vehemently as you would expect someone in on a crime might do, but anything is possible of course. What we have is CJ saying Henry left with WPK alone and WPK not denying that. Then we have police video not corroborating WPK's statements. If LE is not interrogating him now, they should be.

I love this article. Especially where they state they have no POIs and then go on to explain all the ways WPK is interesting.

The part of the article that really stands out to me is: "Investigators noted in their search warrant that other factors could have been at play: McCabe had little money and had recently bounced a rent check, and he'd been having troubles at work lately, including a bad review." If they were having money problems, how could his wife and children afford to take a trip to visit her family? I suspect if was more than just a visit. Financial problems, work problems, wife and children in another state...suicide or voluntary disappearance?

The part of the article that really stands out to me is: "Investigators noted in their search warrant that other factors could have been at play: McCabe had little money and had recently bounced a rent check, and he'd been having troubles at work lately, including a bad review." If they were having money problems, how could his wife and children afford to take a trip to visit her family? I suspect if was more than just a visit. Financial problems, work problems, wife and children in another state...suicide or voluntary disappearance?
But how would that explain the groans and the voice saying stop it?

Could he have owed money to the wrong kind of people and not been able to pay it back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back