Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kind of threw me....was looking for a possible update to the other one from the river and I stumbled on the article.

I just listened to the voicemail and it sounded like someone was being drowned, IMO.

Agreed. Or he was attacked by a coyote. The growling is seriously bizarre.

Thank you for doing that! I have a feeling those two minutes are horrific. This case gives me the chills.

Coyotes are shy animals. I cannot think of one attacking a human. I agree the phone call was horrific. As to the now bod"ies" found in the river, why no ID's? Isn't this two, the last one at Harriet Island?

Coyotes are shy animals. I cannot think of one attacking a human. I agree the phone call was horrific. As to the now bod"ies" found in the river, why no ID's? Isn't this two, the last one at Harriet Island?
Yep - 2 of them. Seems unbelievable thst neither are Henry IYKWIM. So sad. I can't even begin to verbalize what I thought I heard on that recording. I don't think the growling was an animal IMO.

What we heard of the vm was very scary. Has the wife talked about the voicemail in details?

I wonder why we didn't get to hear the part "stop it".

Do you think Henry could of been drugged while he was out and was having issues with it? Also questions about his phone, does it have to unlock. I lock my cell phone, and I either use my print or numbers. Makes a difference if he was trying to call, or accidentally butt dialed. I'm sure you guys don't have this info. Just thinking.

I keep wondering why he called his wife at 2:30 AM knowing she was clear across the country rather than calling 911. The only thing that comes to mind is that whoever was attacking him was in control of the phone. I'm hoping you guys have some other ideas.

So, Henry left voicemails on two phones - after leaving the bar and both voicemails sound pretty similiar in nature?
http://www.fox9.com/virtual/news/27752455-story

That's really odd... so someone's attacking him but he's able to make TWO calls, not just one possibly butt dialed?

Could he had a bad reaction to a drug instead? And been trying to call for help? That wouldn't explain the "stop it", though.

Very odd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's really odd... so someone's attacking him but he's able to make TWO calls, not just one possibly butt dialed?

Could he had a bad reaction to a drug instead? And been trying to call for help? That wouldn't explain the "stop it", though.

Very odd.

Right. If they were pocket dials it usually picks up the first person in the address book, or the least person you called.

He pocket dialed his wife and she spoke to him, so that makes sense that he would have pocket dialed her again. But why/how would it have next dialed his brother?

In the voicemail his wife got, it kinda sounded like he was getting zapped with a tazer or stun gun type thing.

At first I thought drowning too but would they have been able to hear the voice that said stop it clearly if the phone had gone under water?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

At first I thought drowning too but would they have been able to hear the voice that said stop it clearly if the phone had gone under water?

RSBM

No, phone would have died the minute it hit water.

How could a person in distress have time to call TWO people - his brother and his wife? And, the distress call seemed much the same.

If he was drugged, one would think the person who gave him a ride would have some knowledge of strange behavior during the car ride, but he has not mentioned anything. Really, I believe the story that he only gave H a ride. That he was not a good friend but only an acquaintance IMO supports leaving H off at the gas station - probably had no idea where H lived.

Did H act drunk? So drunk he was totally incapacitated? I have not heard this from any source.

So, we probably have a sober (or mostly sober) man walking home. Did someone attack him? For what reason? Robbery? Was he killed during a robbery attempt? Seems to me robbers would flee and leave a body to be found rather than hide it some place. I'm mystified.

Very odd.

IMO, if he was high on meth or a similar drug, he may have thought he was being attacked/chased/followed/etc. (This case is always lingering in the back of my mind: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/01/22/young-couple-on-meth-die-in-nebraska-snowstorm.html). Just a thought.

I know that I use to make odd cell phone calls when I was super drunk, or tried messaging some people. I can remember 15 years ago in the morning I looked at my cell phone and realized I called my sis in law at 230 :/ I now stick to my rule, no playing on phone when drinking especially fb.

Right. If they were pocket dials it usually picks up the first person in the address book, or the least person you called.

He pocket dialed his wife and she spoke to him, so that makes sense that he would have pocket dialed her again. But why/how would it have next dialed his brother?

In the voicemail his wife got, it kinda sounded like he was getting zapped with a tazer or stun gun type thing.

This is such a strange case. I am trying to catch up after being away for a while. I am confused about the timeline. TC_MN, He pocket dialed his wife and she talked to him? When did that happen? Was it earlier then the two strange voice mails? I know the voice mail to his wife happened around 2:30 am. Was the call to his brother around the same time, as in one after the other?

Have any of the media stations released the full versions of the voice messages? The bits I have heard are so difficult to understand, I wonder if there is more context in the full versions. Does anybody else think it sounds like there is a baby/child crying in the messages?

This is such a strange case. I am trying to catch up after being away for a while. I am confused about the timeline. TC_MN, He pocket dialed his wife and she talked to him? When did that happen? Was it earlier then the two strange voice mails? I know the voice mail to his wife happened around 2:30 am. Was the call to his brother around the same time, as in one after the other?

Have any of the media stations released the full versions of the voice messages? The bits I have heard are so difficult to understand, I wonder if there is more context in the full versions. Does anybody else think it sounds like there is a baby/child crying in the messages?

I just reread this article and now in even more confused on the timeline:

She sais she called McCabe around 2:23 a.m. on Sept. 7 to check in, well after he had left the nightclub, according to McCabe’s friends.

“He was like ‘let me call you back’,” then a few minutes later his phone pocket dialed me and I could hear him speaking, it sounded as though he was speaking to someone but they weren't responding,” McCabe’s wife said.

Kareen said she received several more pocket dials from McCabe.

“A few pocket dials later the last call I had with him he cried out as though he were hurt and then the phone hung up,” Kareen said.
http://www.fox9.com/news/22272226-story

I don't know when the brother got his voicemail. Could have been before the wife's?

Kareen said she received several more pocket dials from McCabe.

http://www.fox9.com/news/22272226-story

BBM - several more pocket dials? Ok, so the first call Kareen took was at 2:23am. The voicemail was at 2:28am. Plus the other calls. And we still have the vm to the brother?

The latest clue into McCabe’s whereabouts is a voicemail he left his brother shortly before his disappearance.

http://www.fox9.com/virtual/news/27752455-story

The time line has me confused.

Wonder if there is any video from SA to confirm he had been there?

The recording sounds as if he recieved some kind of head trauma or brain injury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back