Anything involving money?
Just brainstorming.

Money!
Was he auditing someone?
Did he find out something?

He audits companies.
His wife moved with kids.
IMO something was wrong .

Thanks for the timeline Vail. It is very helpful.

Great timeline above! Raises so many questions.

(respectfully snipped)

2nd - If he told his wife, during the first call, that he would call her back, it makes sense that she would pick up again - not knowing it would be a pocket dial. Then she answered a couple more pocket dials, one that cuts off with his scream. How did she get the voice mail from him? Why, after all that, would you let another call from him go to voice mail? I would be freaking out, screaming, and asking for more information.

Just a couple things that jumped out at me after reading that great timeline!

Were there actually two voice mails? One to his wife and one to his brother? Or was it just one voicemail to the brother, and the media misreported it as being to KM? If there were two and one of them were to his wife, I also question why she would have let it go directly to voice mail rather than picking it up. One scenario I can see myself letting a call go to voicemail in the middle of the night, would be if I thought the caller was high/drunk and not worth dealing with at that time. Could KM have let it go to voicemail because she was annoyed by getting repeated pocket dials at 2:30 am?

Thanks for the timeline Vail. It is very helpful.

Were there actually two voice mails? One to his wife and one to his brother? Or was it just one voicemail to the brother, and the media misreported it as being to KM? If there were two and one of them were to his wife, I also question why she would have let it go directly to voice mail rather than picking it up. One scenario, I can see myself letting a call go to voicemail in the middle of the night would be if I thought the caller was high/drunk and not worth dealing with at that time. Could KM have let it go to voicemail because she was annoyed by getting repeated pocket dials at 2:30 am?

But u would still listen to them.

Could Henry have been held against his will (or something to that affect) when these calls were made perhaps he dialed without the assailant(s) knowing so that someone could overhear what was taking place??

Where are you Henry?

:candle:

ETA: accidental pocket dial at this exact moment?? All things considered, it doesn't wash with me...not one pocket dial, certainly not several -- by accident???? When was the last time ya'll pocket dialed someone???

As we say where I come from 'What are the chances of THAT happening??'

But u would still listen to them.

I panic when I get a call at that time.

I also panic when I get a call in the middle of the night. However, my ex developed a drug/drinking problem and I remember a few times that he was "out" for the evening and his phone would call repeatedly. I got annoyed and just turned off the phone for the night.

IMO his job is why he is missing.

Corporate tax is my world... a state auditor is not likely to find anything other than some state adjustments that weren't made or nexus /consolation issues. Everything would be documented, and the taxpayer wouldn't know until a proposed adjustment report was made and a copy given to the taxpayer. Auditors don't have free access to the corporate books. They are given schedules supporting tax return numbers, and they aren't allowed to go on fishing expeditions. So not likely work related, IMO.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Did his wife already move, or just checking the area? Did he ever put in notice at his job?

FWIW, Henry's LinkedIn posted up-thread lists his education as California State University - East Bay.

Maybe he is transferring with Dept. of Revenue to get his family back to CA.

:dunno:

FWIW, Henry's LinkedIn posted up-thread lists his education as California State University - East Bay.

Maybe he is transferring with Dept. of Revenue to get his family back to CA.

:dunno:

He worked for the STATE of MN, not the Dept of Revenue. No transfer.

He worked for the STATE of MN, not the Dept of Revenue. No transfer.

BBM ^^^

Thank YOU!

Interesting!

:thinking:

ETA: as was asked up-thread - had he or was he planning to give notice with his employer or was he being left behind???

Seems to me that the family/community are building up his career to be more than it is. Sure being an auditor for the state is a decent job, respectful and all that, but seriously he is just another state employee. It's not a big deal type of position. They moved to MN from California in 2012, so he hasn't been at the job for all that long. It raises my hinky meter when I see the family making a missing person out to be more important than he actually is. Like they are trying to cover up something unpleasant by making him out to be something more.

He is a father, a married man, a state employee, was involved in the search for Barway Collins and plays soccer. He "likes to engage in intellectual discussions and has an opinion on political issues". http://spokesman-recorder.com/2015/09/23/mounds-view-man-goes-missing/ Seems they are going on and on about those things, but we don't really know much about his personality. What kind of person is he really?

Snipped...
...McCabe moved to the Twin Cities with his wife and two children from California in early 2012.

...“They [children] are in California right now with my mother and I wanted them to be stable,” said Kareen McCabe, an author and writer. “I just tried to stay focused. I try to keep my mind focused on finding him, and making sure he is okay.”

McCabe’s family is worried about his “mysterious disappearance.” Reportedly, he was last seen on Sunday, Sept. 6, at Club C’est La Vie, a dance club located on Highway 65 in Spring Lake Park.

http://theafricapaper.com/2015/09/21/henry-t-mccabe-the-man-mysteriously-disappeared/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back